Spoooooooky stuff...

Sorry Reba. It is just a site about horrible happenings. :)
That's OK. I'm probably better off not being able to read it. :)

This stuff is right up my alley! I have had a few experiences of my own, and have always loved ghost stories, both real and fictional. Not the newer authors like Stephen King or Koontz, but the old classics, stories like "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James, those are the kind that I like to read. I have dozens of anthologies.

For the nurses or nursing students, if you go to allnurses.com, search for the thread "tell us your nursing ghost stories" Started a few years ago, and has had well over a thousand posts full of all kinds of interesting experiences, some VERY spooky.

And, for those of you who aren't too claustrophobic, here is a post to a short story that is pretty horrifying - It is called "Graveyard Rats" Author is H. Kuttner, I think.....:Ohno:

untitled

Howdy

Me me me! My mom is really into it, too. Ufos, aliens, ghosts, all that stuff.

Welcome to the thread cayisgreat.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while y'all...my hubby got very sick and it got really scary there for a while. Fortunately he is much better now and doing fine.

Ah, I see you found an old site I used to post on, Bottesini. I didn't even know Bloodee was still around. One of my passions is forensic science and crime scene investigation. It's fascinating stuff, albeit pretty gruesome. One of my posts was about Mary Bell, which also made it onto Wikipedia. One of the youngest serial killers in history. I suppose some people are just born evil.

As for the hour glass, it depends on the culture and philosophy as to what it represents...same with the raven. I just like the pic.:D I have no idea who did it. I found it on a site that has various fantasy art for use as wallpaper and so on.

Last edited:
This stuff is right up my alley! I have had a few experiences of my own, and have always loved ghost stories, both real and fictional. Not the newer authors like Stephen King or Koontz, but the old classics, stories like "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James, those are the kind that I like to read. I have dozens of anthologies.

For the nurses or nursing students, if you go to allnurses.com, search for the thread "tell us your nursing ghost stories" Started a few years ago, and has had well over a thousand posts full of all kinds of interesting experiences, some VERY spooky.

And, for those of you who aren't too claustrophobic, here is a post to a short story that is pretty horrifying - It is called "Graveyard Rats" Author is H. Kuttner, I think.....:Ohno:

untitled

Thanks for the link! I'm not exactly claustrophobic...but I'm not overly crazy about really small spaces either. LOL

Great story! Creepy as hell!:)

915200895332AM_5790.gif

Welcome to the thread cayisgreat.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while y'all...my hubby got very sick and it got really scary there for a while. Fortunately he is much better now and doing fine.

Ah, I see you found an old site I used to post on, Bottesini. I didn't even know Bloodee was still around. One of my passions is forensic science and crime scene investigation. It's fascinating stuff, albeit pretty gruesome. One of my posts was about Mary Bell, which also made it onto Wikipedia. One of the youngest serial killers in history. I suppose some people are just born evil.

As for the hour glass, it depends on the culture and philosophy as to what it represents...same with the raven. I just like the pic.:D I have no idea who did it. I found it on a site that has various fantasy art for use as wallpaper and so on.

I've always liked spooky stuff and I'm into true crime as well. I remember reading about Mary Bell and wondering how a child can become so cold and as callous as Mary Bell.

Tight now I'm thinking my next jewelry project will be inspired by E.A. Poe's Tell Tale Heart. I will have to reread it before I get started on my projec.

My mom swears she has seen an UFO. That's about at spooky as I get. Sorry no horror stories here unless it was the killer toy lawn mower, LOL.

Tilda Swinton can be creepy in some of the roles she has played in. It also doesn't help that her hair looks like mine when it's been squashed under a ball cap all day.

Last night I stayed up late playing solitaire with Tarot cards. I got a full suite and 6 people died.

I'm going to look very spooky tomorrow if I don't get some sleep.

I went to bed early but I woke up three hours later :( No bueno.

My family had an Indian coffee cup that my dad found in the woods when he was a boy in Virginia. It was painted in an interesting pattern, and though it was missing the grip, a museum offered him fifty dollars for it around the time, which translates into good money today, you know? I would look at it in my hands occasionally, turning it this way and that way and marvelling at it and wondering about the tribe it belonged to. When I was 13, I was looking it in my sisters' bedroom and dropped it onto the wooden floor, and it shattered into several pieces. The room was spartan, with no clutter or anything on the floor, but we could never find a rather large shard that belonged to it. It was a rather large piece and we scoured everywhere in the room for it, but never found it. My dad was not angry with me about it. He looked at me, smiled and said that stranger things will happen in my life, but I find that hard to top. :lol:

I have a story to top that one. I expect no one to believe me so I might as well just "spill the beans" eh?

I was pretty close friends with this dude a few years ago. Turns out, this dude's dad was someone who was into the whole Philadelphia Experiment, Bermuda Trinagle, Roswell conspiracy theorists group. In fact ... he was responsible for the very first research project into the UFO Roswell incident:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Roswell-Incident-Charles-Berlitz/dp/1567311326]Amazon.com: The Roswell Incident (9781567311327): Charles Berlitz, William L. Moore: Books[/ame]

Bill Moore was his daddy.

Anyways my friend had something his dad gave him many years ago when he was researching/writing the above linked book. It was a tiny peice of the Roswell wreckage and he let me see it.

So yes, as your dad said, stranger things have happened.

I've always liked spooky stuff and I'm into true crime as well. I remember reading about Mary Bell and wondering how a child can become so cold and as callous as Mary Bell.

Tight now I'm thinking my next jewelry project will be inspired by E.A. Poe's Tell Tale Heart. I will have to reread it before I get started on my projec.

Tell Tale Heart is an excellent story. Poor Poe...he was so screwed up...but an excellent writer of the creepy and macabre.:D

I have a story to top that one. I expect no one to believe me so I might as well just "spill the beans" eh?

I was pretty close friends with this dude a few years ago. Turns out, this dude's dad was someone who was into the whole Philadelphia Experiment, Bermuda Trinagle, Roswell conspiracy theorists group. In fact ... he was responsible for the very first research project into the UFO Roswell incident:

Amazon.com: The Roswell Incident (9781567311327): Charles Berlitz, William L. Moore: Books

Bill Moore was his daddy.

Anyways my friend had something his dad gave him many years ago when he was researching/writing the above linked book. It was a tiny peice of the Roswell wreckage and he let me see it.

So yes, as your dad said, stranger things have happened.

Fuckin' A dude! I would love to meet your friend! I would love to get a look at that piece of weird history! :shock:

Back