Spoooooooky stuff...

]While looking back over the early posts I realized that several of the others who had started making posts on this thread seem to have quit doing so. Now, I do not know whether this is due to diminished interest, or maybe they have been put off due to just not wanting to feel like they are being dissed and called silly and/or feel like they are being attacked for posting their experiences. Would anyone care to comment or PM about this?:confused:

Welcome to Alldeaf. There could be more posts by others, but as you know by now, there are a few who make knee-jerk denials and make others afraid to contribute for fear of being publicly bashed.

Ah. *sigh* Figures. Thanks Beowulf.:|

But you think it's OK to call the beliefs of Christians "bullshit?" I have never said that about any other ADer's beliefs.

I will clarify this statement. The bullshit I was referring to was being told I needed devils prayed out of me to get rid of certain gifts that they deemed to be "of the devil" and if I didn't "git right with gawd" I was going to go to a hell damned by their supposedly loving god. All of this was spouted as the "gospel truth" by the "well meaning" self-righteous morons of the church I attended in my younger days. They said "god" had told them to do this. Unfortunately, I have encountered far to many fanatics to have a positive view of such things.

I also never said that ALL christian beliefs were bullshit...I just feel that man-made dogma is ludicrous. For example...I find the prophecies of The Book of the Apocalypse, better known as Revelations in the Protestant version, to be fascinating. I find prophecy to be a fascinating subject. Also, most christian beliefs stem for older "pagan" beliefs to start with. All of the Protestant flavor of christianity comes directly from catholicism. King James just decided he wanted to be able to get a divorce so made up his own version.

The point I have been trying to make is that when I joined the forum the rules explicitly stated that religion and religious topics were not allowed. NO ONE had made any derogatory remarks about christianity or remarks about any other religion for that matter until you brought it up and insisted on pursuing it.

I just wanted to talk about ghosts, UFOs, shadow beings, hauntings and weird shit in general. Not about any particular god or gods or any religion at ALL. I loathe it as much as I loathe politics. I follow NO religion or it's particular dogma. Religion is just another way to keep the gullible masses under control. Make them live in fear of being punished by some entity that usually sounds like a willful, spiteful, spoiled brat or being condemned to some eternal torment because they didn't do what brother/father/preacher/padre etc. so and so said some book/god told him to say was the "only true way" and they'll never learn to think for themselves. Such dogma kills the spirit...it doesn't nurture it.

I want the damned subject dropped. I want to go back to the original subject matter that I started this thread for.

But you think it's OK to call the beliefs of Christians "bullshit?" I have never said that about any other ADer's beliefs.

I will clarify this statement. The bullshit I was referring to was being told I needed devils prayed out of me to get rid of certain gifts that they deemed to be "of the devil" and if I didn't "git right with gawd" I was going to go to a hell damned by their supposedly loving god. All of this was spouted as the "gospel truth" by the "well meaning" self-righteous morons of the church I attended in my younger days. They said "god" had told them to do this. Unfortunately, I have encountered far to many fanatics to have a positive view of such things.

I also never said that ALL christian beliefs were bullshit...I just feel that man-made dogma is ludicrous. For example...I find the prophecies of The Book of the Apocalypse, better known as Revelations in the Protestant version, to be fascinating. I find prophecy to be a fascinating subject. Also, most christian beliefs stem for older "pagan" beliefs to start with. All of the Protestant flavor of christianity comes directly from catholicism. King James just decided he wanted to be able to get a divorce so made up his own version.

The point I have been trying to make is that when I joined the forum the rules explicitly stated that religion and religious topics were not allowed. NO ONE had made any derogatory remarks about christianity or remarks about any other religion for that matter until you brought it up and insisted on pursuing it.

I just wanted to talk about ghosts, UFOs, shadow beings, hauntings and weird shit in general. Not about any particular god or gods or any religion at ALL. I loathe it as much as I loathe politics. I follow NO religion or it's particular dogma. Religion is just another way to keep the gullible masses under control. Make them live in fear of being punished by some entity that usually sounds like a willful, spiteful, spoiled brat or being condemned to some eternal torment because they didn't do what brother/father/preacher/padre etc. so and so said some book/god told him to say was the "only true way" and they'll never learn to think for themselves. Such dogma kills the spirit...it doesn't nurture it.

I want the damned subject dropped. I want to go back to the original subject matter that I started this thread for.

lol... it's funny that you're saying that religion is just another way to keep the gullible masses under control... and that applies same for the conspiracy theories, bogeyman stories, etc.

Action: Downloading a pirated music
Religion: "Do not download pirated music because it's sinful to steal and you will go to hell"
Conspiracy Theory: "Do not download pirated music because Big Brother is watching you"
Political Dogma: "Do not download pirated music because it's communism"
Fact: Downloading pirated music is morally and ethically questionable but on most case, you will not get caught unless you're tech-illiterate :)

lol... it's funny that you're saying that religion is just another way to keep the gullible masses under control... and that applies same for the conspiracy theories, bogeyman stories, etc.

Religion: "Do not download pirated music because it's sinful to steal and you will go to hell"
Conspiracy Theory: "Do not download pirated music because Big Brother is watching you"
Fact: Downloading pirated music is morally and ethically questionable but on most case, you will not get caught unless you're tech-illiterate :)

Really? How odd. It's funny that I have never once had anyone tell me that they felt like they were being oppressed or forced to believe in ghosts, the boogeyman or conspiracy theory to get some sort of heaven.

It is a fact that there is far too much government interference in every aspect of our lives. Whether you call them big brother, big sister or big asshole...that is NOT a theory. Just gotta watch the news to see that.

Really? How odd. It's funny that I have never once had anyone tell me that they felt like they were being oppressed or forced to believe in ghosts, the boogeyman or conspiracy theory to get some sort of heaven.

It is a fact that there is far too much government interference in every aspect of our lives. Whether you call them big brother, big sister or big asshole...that is NOT a theory. Just gotta watch the news to see that.

I was just making analogous example.

remember - UFO subject requires open-mindedness. You're being open-minded about this whole UFO thing where many people do not believe it and where UFO believers get ridiculed and yet... you're being close-minded when it comes to a possible religious explanation :hmm:

Anyone ever seen the Castle Ghosts of...series? There is the Castle Ghosts of Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales.

Anyone ever seen the Castle Ghosts of...series? There is the Castle Ghosts of Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales.

no but I bet they fear William Wallace ghost :Ohno:

I was just making analogous example.

remember - UFO subject requires open-mindedness. You're being open-minded about this whole UFO thing where many people do not believe it and where UFO believers get ridiculed and yet... you're being close-minded when it comes to a possible religious explanation :hmm:

Quite the contrary. I have already stated that I believe the christian bible as well as several other "holy" texts have numerous instances of UFO sightings and interactions with alien beings mentioned. I just think they have been misinterpreted due to 2000 thousand years worth misinformation. Have to remember that for hundreds of years the official church made it illegal and an offense punishable by death for anyone but priests and clergy to have a bible. So, people just took father billy jo bob's version as the "gospel truth".

btw mizwytch - is that you in your avatar?

PFH-ness: "And....?"

This is what I'm talking about.

You can make insulting remarks about Christians but Christians aren't allowed to post insulting remarks about non-Christians. (Not that I want to make insulting remarks about anyone; it's just an example of the hypocrisy.)

Again, you can make all kinds of undocumented accusations about the Bible but I'm not supposed to post anything to refute those accusations.

The point I have been trying to make is that when I joined the forum the rules explicitly stated that religion and religious topics were not allowed.
But you, too, are bringing up religious topics.

NO ONE had made any derogatory remarks about christianity or remarks about any other religion for that matter until you brought it up and insisted on pursuing it.
Pursuing?

I just wanted to talk about ghosts, UFOs, shadow beings, hauntings and weird shit in general. Not about any particular god or gods or any religion at ALL.
But belief in ghosts is a spiritual belief. It's a belief in an after life. Why is it OK to discuss one of kind belief in an after life, and not another?

I loathe it as much as I loathe politics. I follow NO religion or it's particular dogma. Religion is just another way to keep the gullible masses under control.
Again, insulting religious people but not accepting any responses from religious people.

Make them live in fear of being punished by some entity that usually sounds like a willful, spiteful, spoiled brat or being condemned to some eternal torment because they didn't do what brother/father/preacher/padre etc. so and so said some book/god told him to say was the "only true way" and they'll never learn to think for themselves. Such dogma kills the spirit...it doesn't nurture it.
So you can insult and denigrate religious people and expect us to just sit and take whatever you spew out :hmm:?

I won't debate you on it here but I will say that I don't live in fear. :)

Then why do you continue to post such offensive statements against Christians and the Bible? Do you really expect those kinds of posts to settle down things?

I believe most "UFO's" are sightings of classified earthly experimental aircraft.

But belief in ghosts is a spiritual belief. It's a belief in an after life. Why is it OK to discuss one of kind belief in an after life, and not another?

Eh, I dunno about that. I've seen orbs but I do not consider those to be afterlife.

Back