Spam

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
This is just a simple reminder that SPAM is not permitted in AllDeaf. This includes PMs. I received complaints regarding SPAM through PM. If someone PMs you with SPAM, please forward it to Alex, me, or another moderator. When you PM us, it will help us maintain the forums and prevent it from happening further. Thanks.

don't spammers EVER have a life? :roll:

(and no I didn't get any so I'm just lucky)

Wow... Look like... Is it Relay Spam involved in the past too?

glad i don't get any and ofc yes i will fwd to the proper authority abt this :)

Cyberred its not abt SPAM icon its abt junk e mails :)

take a look at the announcement in the top of the general discussion section THATs a spam and unwanted type of junk mail like buying something when u don t want it in e mails its like u getting junk mail IN the mailbox at home...

javapride said:
take a look at the announcement in the top of the general discussion section THATs a spam and unwanted type of junk mail like buying something when u don t want it in e mails its like u getting junk mail IN the mailbox at home...
Actually, spam is unwanted emails and posting. If it's approved by the administrator and as part of the website's sponsors... it's fine, as long as it isn't abused. However, if one message is sent to everyone through PM or email... or someone creates a thread trying to promote something for his/her own benefit without the approval of the administrator, that's spam.

Hmm...that's a first in hearing about spam being spread via PM on AD. I haven't gotten any of those. The only other couple places I *do* get spam emails are via tickle.com and my own email account. :roll:

But, surely, Alex -- if should a spammed email arrives into my PM account, I'll be sure to forward it to you and notify you of it as well. :)

VamPyroX said:
Actually, spam is unwanted emails and posting. If it's approved by the administrator and as part of the website's sponsors... it's fine, as long as it isn't abused. However, if one message is sent to everyone through PM or email... or someone creates a thread trying to promote something for his/her own benefit without the approval of the administrator, that's spam.

Ahh... I thought you mean about this :spam: icon. So far, I don't receive any spam that you just explained what it was. When did Alex learn about this, if ya know ?

CyberRed said:
Ahh... I thought you mean about this :spam: icon. So far, I don't receive any spam that you just explained what it was. When did Alex learn about this, if ya know ?
One example spam that I've been getting a lot lately in my emails is the "Secret Fortune Found" spam. It's usually from overseas and they say that they have come upon a huge fortune that needs to be brought to America. One of the following happened:
  • Old man died leaving a fortune in his swiss bank account with no living relative to claim the fortune
  • Foreign governor wants to get rid of his secret fortune without being caught by his people
  • Government has found a huge load of money left and needs to give it away
  • Etc...
At the end, they ask that you send thousands of dollars to help speed up the process so that they can give you millions of dollars in return.

That's the kind of spam I've been getting at least twice a day for the past two months. :eek:

VamPyroX said:
  • Old man died leaving a fortune in his swiss bank account with no living relative to claim the fortune
  • Foreign governor wants to get rid of his secret fortune without being caught by his people
  • Etc...
At the end, they ask that you send thousands of dollars to help speed up the process so that they can give you millions of dollars in return.

That's the kind of spam I've been getting at least twice a day for the past two months. :eek:

Yes, it happened to me too when I went to Deaf Chat for the past few months. Few minutes He asked me for it. I immediately leave.

VamPyroX said:
One example spam that I've been getting a lot lately in my emails is the "Secret Fortune Found" spam.

I get a lot of those too, in addition to junk e-mails which solicit offshore pharmaceuticals, penile enhancement devices, and home loan refinancing scams. For several months now I’ve been getting e-mails which have strange strings of random, comma delineated words at the beginning of the message body. Here’s an example of one I got this morning:

define, some little lady,ground,his eyes like,vocabulary,the readers attention.cuttlebone,the secretary stopped,morrow,most peculiar specimen.

As you can see from the above example, they frequently contain large numbers of spelling and punctuation errors. What are these? Can anybody explain these to me?

Levonian said:
I get a lot of those too, in addition to junk e-mails which solicit offshore pharmaceuticals, penile enhancement devices, and home loan refinancing scams. For several months now I’ve been getting e-mails which have strange strings of random, comma delineated words at the beginning of the message body. Here’s an example of one I got this morning:

define, some little lady,ground,his eyes like,vocabulary,the readers attention.cuttlebone,the secretary stopped,morrow,most peculiar specimen.

As you can see from the above example, they frequently contain large numbers of spelling and punctuation errors. What are these? Can anybody explain these to me?
That is done to slip through the filtering system. Most filters search for specific words and when it's spelled wrong, it's ignored... making it visible to the users. Another reason would be that these spammers are illiterate and have no job so they attempt to spam you. :(

VamPyroX said:
One example spam that I've been getting a lot lately in my emails is the "Secret Fortune Found" spam. It's usually from overseas and they say that they have come upon a huge fortune that needs to be brought to America. One of the following happened:
  • Etc...

For the past two months ? Geez. I am glad that I don't receive any of them. But, I do have one strange webpage that kept turnin' on instead of allowin' me to access Internet Explorer. The webpage that kept turnin' on is "Home Search". :roll: I tried to make Internet Explorer to be my homepage, but that "Home Search" won't let me and I have to use Tools and click "Reset Web Settings" for Internet Explorer. "Home Search" kept repeatin' in every time I try to access Internet Explorer. *Sigh*

CyberRed said:
For the past two months ? Geez. I am glad that I don't receive any of them. But, I do have one strange webpage that kept turnin' on instead of allowin' me to access Internet Explorer. The webpage that kept turnin' on is "Home Search". :roll: I tried to make Internet Explorer to be my homepage, but that "Home Search" won't let me and I have to use Tools and click "Reset Web Settings" for Internet Explorer. "Home Search" kept repeatin' in every time I try to access Internet Explorer. *Sigh*

You got adwares, not spam or webpage you mentioned. Adwares was installed into your HDD when you visited strange webpage without your permit. Kill them so you would get your original homepage back.

Last edited:
sequoias said:
LOL, u must be referring to SPAM luncheon meat? just kidding ;)

Ha ha Very funny! But, one thing I know about this :spam: It makes me :barf:

Back