Southern California on Fire!

My grandma and my aunties live in the San Diego area. My grandma died last year and lucky all of my aunties move to Oregon and Seattle. One of my aunt call my mom and told her that my grandma's former home was burn to the ground. My aunt is worry about her old neighbors.

The number is now 13 fires and approximately 1 million evacuees. We are okay here in Riverside.

I've heard about it on the news it looks even badder than I thought.

I know Mayflower and Levonian lives around that area don't they? I hope they're all-right. :(

The number is now 13 fires and approximately 1 million evacuees. We are okay here in Riverside.

?That's good news Tousi likewise I am safe. Let's hope they get the fires under control. Its hot outside and cloudy bec of smoke. The ashes are flying around here.

I hope they're all right and safe from the wildfires.

Fire winds ease over California
BBC NEWS | Americas | Fire winds ease over California

One million flee from their homes as firestorms rage out of control across California
One million flee from their homes as firestorms rage out of control across California | the Daily Mail

California fires recall horrors of Katrina
California fires recall horrors of Katrina - Telegraph

Easing Wind Brings Hope To California
Easing Wind Brings Hope To California |Sky News|World News

California Wildfires A 'Major Disaster'
California Fires A 'Major Disaster' |Sky News|World News

Yes I learn from my co-worker thru radio and then saw on new TV... :(

Oh thats good, i thought about you and other Californians
that live around that area...
Yeah, that is just so horrendous...i feel so bad for the
people who lost their homes and possessions...i just cant
fathom just losing a home and all...thats really so sad!
I just hope they find those sick arsonists who started all this!
I heard on TV this morning that the winds is slowing down
and it is getting cooler so hopefully it will slow down...of course
they need RAIN badly...
Lets just pray for these poor unfortunate people and rain too!!

Oh thats good, i thought about you and other Californians
that live around that area...
Yeah, that is just so horrendous...i feel so bad for the
people who lost their homes and possessions...i just cant
fathom just losing a home and all...thats really so sad!
I just hope they find those sick arsonists who started all this!
I heard on TV this morning that the winds is slowing down
and it is getting cooler so hopefully it will slow down...of course
they need RAIN badly...
Lets just pray for these poor unfortunate people and rain too!!
Yes let pray for those unfortunely ones and sure we all need much prayer for the rain here. Not all fires caused by arsonists. The fires near us were caused by fallen power lines (wind gust can be up to 100 mph)which it caused fast moving fire from one we were feared it may went over to our sons' houses but it went west in matter of minutes. Now in San Diego, there is no words if there was arsonists there.

Pray for rain but not too much rain because too much rain will cause alot of mudslide and destroy alot homes also. We are stuck on this one.

I've heard about it on the news it looks even badder than I thought.

I know Mayflower and Levonian lives around that area don't they? I hope they're all-right. :(

Yes they are allright, no fires reach where they live. :) In the city where they live, they are very expereinces with those fires so they know what to do and protect those homes very well compare to unfortunely other places alike in San Diego. Sadly.

Definitely, it is bad in the San Diego County. It is going to take them a long time to re-build their houses. Poway, Rancho Bernado, and South of Escondido were heavily hit with the Witch Creek Fire. The air quality here absolutely sucks. It should return normal for a short while. Bill Gates' mansion didn't burn up in Rancho Santa Fe.

Definitely, it is bad in the San Diego County. It is going to take them a long time to re-build their houses. Poway, Rancho Bernado, and South of Escondido were heavily hit with the Witch Creek Fire. The air quality here absolutely sucks. It should return normal for a short while. Bill Gates' mansion didn't burn up in Rancho Santa Fe.

I didn't know Bill Gates has another house down in South California. I only know that he lives in a mega manison worth $125 million here in Medina, Washington close to Bellevue.

I didn't know Bill Gates has another house down in South California. I only know that he lives in a mega manison worth $125 million here in Medina, Washington close to Bellevue.

Bill Gates is a part-time resident and likes to play golf. Rancho Santa Fe is the wealthiest town in the entire San Diego County for several billionaires such as the Sultan of Brunei. Some of them prefer to remain anonymous. The late Joan Kroc (her late husband founded the McDonalds) once lived there for a long time. Glen Bell, (the founder of the Taco bell chain), Jewel, Andre Agassi, and Jenny Craig also live there. You have to make $200,000/ a year in order to live in Rancho Santa Fe. It is a bit unique because it is covenant with its own 24-hour security.

Last edited:
Bill Gates is a part-time resident and likes to play golf. Rancho Santa Fe is the wealthiest town in the entire San Diego County for several billionaires such as the Sultan of Brunei. Some of them prefer to remain anonymous. The late Joan Kroc (her late husband founded the McDonalds) once lived there for a long time. Glen Bell, (the founder of the Taco bell chain), Jewel, Andre Agassi, and Jenny Craig also live there. You have to make $200,000/ a year in order to live in Rancho Santa Fe. It is a bit unique because it is covenant with its own 24-hour security.
Just wondering, any of those homes destroy?

Just wondering, any of those homes destroy?

There were several ones burned down in Rancho Santa Fe, but they didn't say who. Rancho Santa Fe is a very low profile community. As far as I know, Channel 8's local reporter was interviewing two guys on live in Rancho Santa Fe fighting to save houses. One of two guys had said that two doors away from Bill Gates' place was burned down to the ground. The yards were badly damaged.

Junior Seau's one of the houses was heavily damaged due to the fire. Seau's restaurant was set up as a shelter for about 100 people. Some 47 San Diego Chargers players and staffs, including La Dainian Tomlinson were forced to evacuate their homes from Rancho Bernado, Poway and other suburban areas. Tony Gwynn lives in Poway and decided to flee with his wife from the fire. He said that they didn't grab much more than some clothes and insurance papers. Channel 8's one of the popular news reporters, Larry Himmel had been reporting on live while watched his own house burn down to the ground. His voice was shaking the whole time, but he managed to hold it back. It was such a heartbreaking to watch him on live under difficult circumstances. I've had been watching local news nonstop since Sunday because I was in the evacuation zone.

That are so sad that people lost their home or business. I feel sorry for them. I hope that they can get help. None of their fault!

My mom live in Riveside, Ca. she is allright. I am glad!

my sis is fine.. about time the winds ease down.. which are good news for the firefighters to fight the fires and break lines too etc.. so hopefully it will be fully contained soon!

Back