Sorenson configuration locked

Interesting...

That's private ip address which may be a router...

to find your friend's public address which you can connect to... in VP 200, Settings then Public IP then look at "auto-detected" you will see the ip address in the (....)

Or find the public ip by going to IP Address properties of your Internet Connection --> showmyip.com <--

or by accessing the Router's config page, look for Public IP there...

why are we charge it to add it into router? but No-IP.com or Dyndns.com are free charge.

No-IP™ Plus - Managed DNS, Enterprise DNS, Primary DNS, 100% Uptime Guarantee
DynDNS Free Dynamic DNS (DDNS) Service

I used either of them to use router in few years. I helped my friend to add no-ip address into router which having DSL modem. Working was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
DLink 604 Router isn't work for auto DDNS updates. My new Dlink ERB-2310 router much better and it's working auto DDNS update.

DLink 604 Router isn't work for auto DDNS updates. My new Dlink ERB-2310 router much better and it's working auto DDNS update.

I have my own router as yours. it s better than D-link DI-614 wireless router.

I am using DI-604 at work, DDNS work flawlessly for me.. Make sure you use full domain (ie. yourname.dyndns.org).. many people assumed to use just "yourname" which is commonly cause for failure. Also, make sure you using latest firmware.. I dont remember mine showed, it been a while since I messed with the router.

I went over to my friend's apt to fix his VP200 (my very first time seeing and fiddle with VP200!!!). I got it figured out when I tried to change his network speed because he have Road Runner Lite. I called VP tech service through VP200 and explain to tech that I need password to unlock the VP200 network setting. She immedialy gave me the password and I hung up and got network setting unlocked then changed the speed. It didn't work well so I called Road Runner and asked the Sale dept to compare my account to his account. I was told that my RR is 7.0mbps while his is 1.5 mbps. He offered me to upgrade to RR Turbo (15mbps) just for $13 month more. So I asked my friend if he want upgrade. He said yes yes go for it. I went ahead and authorized upgrade for him. finally I went back to his VP200 and changed the network speed to 384 download, 256 upload. It ran really slick now and he's very happy man.

Luckily the VP tech service quickly give me password and I told my friend to keep it in safe place so If need make adjustment on VP200, use that password. My friend admitted that I'm one of the best technican guy than VP installer. He said that the installer don't know how to fix those thing like I do. He asked me why don't you get Sorenson VP installer job. I told him no because it would take away my time for family.

I'm glad that Sorenson aren't tight lipped on password for setup. I would be pissed if they do..

Catty

see Sorenson VRS

no need change vp speed if 256k both way

I am using DI-604 at work, DDNS work flawlessly for me.. Make sure you use full domain (ie. yourname.dyndns.org).. many people assumed to use just "yourname" which is commonly cause for failure. Also, make sure you using latest firmware.. I dont remember mine showed, it been a while since I messed with the router.

I have Linksys WRT300N has automatic DDNS enabled for my VP200

Back