Something really nice happened to me today...

Wow, that is a really nice gesture! I've been on the receiving end of generosity lately, and I hope to work and study hard so that one day I can be in a position to help someone else in need.

when I cut up my old expired debit card, I cut them up into tiny pieces. wee! I shall be doing this again soon, when I am SURE my new debit card is activated and working as it should be. Then my old one (which I only just got in Sept) will be chopped up into tiny itty bitty pieces.

I cut mine in half then only throw one half away. I throw the other half away a week later (after the 1st one has already been picked up with that week's trash.

i love it when this happens,unfortunatly my bank account was hacked into i just had a call from otherside of country somebody had used my account to try and let a flat,the estate agent smelt a rat and just called my husband.It appears someone found my old debit card i had cut up put in dustbin..i spent all afternoon talking to Bank fraud department police(idiots)

Last year, I misplaced mine, and I feared it was stolen, so I canceled the card, and went to the bank to get a new one. Weeks later, I found the old one exactly where I had put it-- in my safe. I was digging in there trying to find it, and I couldn't, so after I found the old one, I brought it to the bank to have it professionally shredded, therefore eliminating any chance of using it.

I found a credit card on the ground and I looked around to see if there any others importance papers. I gave the card to a policeman , the card was new looking and I did not want anyone trying to use it. I hope the cops called the person that lost it.

I found a credit card on the ground and I looked around to see if there any others importance papers. I gave the card to a policeman , the card was new looking and I did not want anyone trying to use it. I hope the cops called the person that lost it.

I've done that before, but with an entire wallet, and one had a bunch of cash in it, and I brought it to the station, cash and all. I did not take the cash out, as it does not rightfully belong to me. People who find wallets here in Chicago do just that.

If you cut the card up into small enough pieces, you can flush it.

I've turned in a purse from a shopping cart in the parking lot. TCS retrieved a card from an ATM, logged out the session, and caught up with the person, and gave it back. We found a wallet wrapped in the insulating blanket of our water heater; we turned it in to the sheriff. TCS found a big chunk of money had been mistakenly deposited to his account and reported it. One night, TCS and I found a sea bag of belongings on the road. We called the police, and between them and us investigating, found the owner. It was a sailor shipping out the next day. The bag fell out of his pickup truck.

Never know where valuables can show up. :lol:

If you cut the card up into small enough pieces, you can flush it.

That's a new one, never been one to flush things that don't belong in there for fear of over-flowing the porcelain throne. :shock: I just toss old cards in a fire pit.

Last year, I misplaced mine, and I feared it was stolen, so I canceled the card, and went to the bank to get a new one. Weeks later, I found the old one exactly where I had put it-- in my safe. I was digging in there trying to find it, and I couldn't, so after I found the old one, I brought it to the bank to have it professionally shredded, therefore eliminating any chance of using it.

"professionally shredded"? lol just burn it yourself.

that reminds me of my friend's father. for years - he goes to his podiatrist regularly just to cut his toenails.

Rockin,
That's a lovely story to tell. I've done it quietly to others. I have memories of my dad going over to poor people and giving them money. They didn't ask. Once, when we were in line for a ferry in NY, a guy asked for 25 cents or a dime (he knocked on the car window) and dad gave him just what he asked for and the guy was not happy. So, I try to do the same.

If everyone did that it would not be good for the environment .
Really?

No, it would hardly have any effect on the environment. It's not like everyone cuts up a card on a daily basis.

Back