Something really nice happened to me today...

rockin'robin

Reaction score
I was a few dollars short of paying for my groceries today...and the lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said..."I got it!"...I said..."whaaaat"?...She insisted...was a very nice gesture today.

I was a few dollars short of paying for my groceries today...and the lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said..."I got it!"...I said..."whaaaat"?...She insisted...was a very nice gesture today.

I've heard of that happening on the news to other people!! That's so nice!

It's happened to me, too. People here in Chicago are really great every now and then. I always make sure to say "Thank You"

My wife and I will do that sometimes for people. At a sit in diner, we will pick up some random person's tab, tell the manager not to let them know until after we left.

My wife and I will do that sometimes for people. At a sit in diner, we will pick up some random person's tab, tell the manager not to let them know until after we left.

Hmm. Tis the season to give, anyone? Getting me thinking of doing something good. Who knows, maybe I'll randomly do something great.

I was at a bakery and I asked what the cost of the last brownie was and I was told it was $4.00 and I said "Wow, that is a lot for a small brownie , there was another woman ahead of me . She brought some pastry and the brownie and ask to have it put in a separate bag. I thought there goes my brownie. The woman turned to me and gave me the bag with the brownie and said "Here , enjoy it". I was totally surprised as it cost $4.00 , that was a lot money spend on a stranger I though. I never had anyone do this before.
I was very nice for the woman.

happened to me last year too

kind of reminds me there ARE nice people, I've done it differently like helped an elderly lady in a windy day to bring shopping trolley across car park AND unloaded to her car boot then I just walked away (not wanting anything, just a smile)

few other times also...
oh ive given away ice cream sundaes in burger king as I was in a hurry to eat a burger then go on bus (didnt feel like the ice cream anyway) they were wow, ok so tiny but it does affects them...
not a problem

my sister has gotten "free" coffees at Starbucks cause someone would notice the "my husband is a marine" sticker on her car and buy her drink for her, that sort of thing.

Nice examples. :)

Heartwarming for a cold day. :)

i love it when this happens,unfortunatly my bank account was hacked into i just had a call from otherside of country somebody had used my account to try and let a flat,the estate agent smelt a rat and just called my husband.It appears someone found my old debit card i had cut up put in dustbin..i spent all afternoon talking to Bank fraud department police(idiots)

i love it when this happens,unfortunatly my bank account was hacked into i just had a call from otherside of country somebody had used my account to try and let a flat,the estate agent smelt a rat and just called my husband.It appears someone found my old debit card i had cut up put in dustbin..i spent all afternoon talking to Bank fraud department police(idiots)

when I cut up my old expired debit card, I cut them up into tiny pieces. wee! I shall be doing this again soon, when I am SURE my new debit card is activated and working as it should be. Then my old one (which I only just got in Sept) will be chopped up into tiny itty bitty pieces.

I actually did that for a neighbor's family who had his unemployment benefits discontinued recently. I wish this economy would pick up already! :roll:

Great stories. Made me smile.

Back