So uhh, who got their MVP yet?

What about in Rural area and if the house has no phone but has Internet access? I do not want to run half a mile down to nearest neighbor only to find out no one is there. Scary!

LOL May be MagicJack USB phone adapter if having internet access. Can use phone into it.

What about just calling 911 on a phone or cellphone and just leave it on? Wouldn't they eventually track where it is and send someone there?

Yes, 3G or 4G (WiMax) USB modem can be used into MVP but MVP s USB port is not in use yet. Sprint U300 3G/4G USB Modem includes GPS-enabled but it s available in few metropolitan cities.

When beta will be over, they will release new firmware include 3G usb. Who's 3G network will able connect to MVP.

Will Purple Co. discuss with AT&T or Verizon carrier about MVP yet?

When beta will be over, they will release new firmware include 3G usb. Who's 3G network will able connect to MVP.

Will Purple Co. discuss with AT&T or Verizon carrier about MVP yet?

I hope to get new update firnware for USB issue and video conference soon. I don't know about this carrier.

What about in Rural area and if the house has no phone but has Internet access? I do not want to run half a mile down to nearest neighbor only to find out no one is there. Scary!

DHB: Then...no insult intended...people who live way way out in rural areas SHOULD be smart and have some kinda land line phone. Just a basic basic service phone for those "just in case" emergencies. Same thing with people who live way way out in the rural areas..who have all electric house setup...SHOULD have outside propane tank full of propane for switchover if electric goes out in the winter. Can simply switch over to propane for heat.

What about just calling 911 on a phone or cellphone and just leave it on? Wouldn't they eventually track where it is and send someone there?

They COULD do that...but they would have to triangulate the area with cell towers. Like for example: Cell Tower #1 has 20 mile radius to Cell tower #2 and from Cell tower #2 has a 20 mile radius to Cell tower #3, and Cell tower #3 has 20 mile radius to Cell tower #1 (making a triangle). The carrier would have to triangulate the area...then focus on that area...use history of pings where the phone is on..etc etc..then once they find where the phone is...it is usually like 50 to 300 meters. Then they call or notify cops/ambulance/firetrucks. Takes too damn long time. By the time the cops or whoever gets there...you will either be dead or seriously critically injured. How I know this? Here my source of FACT that happened here in KC area:

snopes.com: Cell Phone Location Feature

Cell phones are GREAT but they are NOT 100,000% perfect. The E911 is still new and A LOT of towns do not support E911, so..you still have to rely on the old trusty land line phone. When you use land line phone...address comes up like BOOM! Cell phones...takes a bit longer, but you have to decide if it is life threatening or serious enough to use cell phone if you DON'T have land line phone.

My 2 cents: Every one should have land line phone if you live way way out in the rural areas for those "just in case". I have land line phone here in town. Cost me only 10 bucks a month. I went to dollar store and bought a dollar phone. Plugged it in..works. Unplugged phone and put it in drawer right next to phone jack. When emergency arises, I know I can put phone in jack quickly and call 911 on land line phone and they will come quicker than cell phone would. To each their own.

Back