So uhh, who got their MVP yet?

Bart, I did went to the MVP event today and the box has DIR-625 wireless router. I was little confused because the FAQ website says DI-615....hmmm must be typing error made by them...:hmm:

It is best for me to leave the MVP charged and wait until installer come to my home Tuesday and he will set it up for me. I know how wireless works but maybe it runs differently than my experience with wireless with laptop so it is best to leave it up to the installer rep.

Same thing with me. I will talk to my installer thru e-mail about it. I need know password for my DI-625.

Just perform a reset on your router to go back to factory setting and you can set whatever you like if you KNOW WHAT TO DO.

No, Don't re-set router to lose info on Purple application rules and port forwarding settings in router.

No, Don't re-set router to lose info on Purple application rules and port forwarding settings in router.

IF that is the case...that means you cannot take a MVP anywhere like at the hotel or whatever that you would have to put those settings in every router to work with it. Isn't that right? It isn't THAT mobile after all.

I already did the reset thing.

Like I said, I use VP200 for incoming call but if people want to call to my MVP, they have to add :1722 (my port) it will call to my mvp

I put my MVP to listening port on router..

TA DA

picture8cvt.jpg

Congraduation to everyone!

I am curious is your MVP having GPS or not? Last Oct. '08, Hovrs rep. talked about GPS on the MVP. For example, you have accident on the street, you can call 911 on the MVP with GPS. The 911 operator will have look where you are on their computer, the emergency vehicle will be there.

Do you know that? If not, I will check with the installer or rep when MVP will come down here.

Congraduation to everyone!

I am curious is your MVP having GPS or not? Last Oct. '08, Hovrs rep. talked about GPS on the MVP. For example, you have accident on the street, you can call 911 on the MVP with GPS. The 911 operator will have look where you are on their computer, the emergency vehicle will be there.

Do you know that? If not, I will check with the installer or rep when MVP will come down here.

How can GPS find you without carrier network? I think you mean track by IP address that where near to wifi router.

How can GPS find you without carrier network? I think you mean track by IP address that where near to wifi router.

No, they just track by street address not ip address. Remember that some cellphones have GPS. The 911 system can track where their cellphone point by GPS on the maps from their computer. MVP should have GPS. HOVRS Rep told me about GPS on MVP on my vp as well. :dunno:

No, they just track by street address not ip address. Remember that some cellphones have GPS. The 911 system can track where their cellphone point by GPS on the maps from their computer. MVP should have GPS. HOVRS Rep told me about GPS on MVP on my vp as well. :dunno:

MVP is not a cell phone device, so it won't work.

Let me explain to you clearly how the E911 works. You have to make sure your home address is updated so you can make 911 calls thru the relay services at home. There is no way they can trace you with a MVP, because tracing someone with a wifi signal is time consuming and isn't an exact location either. MVP does NOT have GPS support, period.

Not true. The 911 systems in MVP is located at household only when Purple clients have home address in their profile. If moving another place, they must let CC know to change new address or change address in profile.

Question:
Suppose I am visiting my friend at this friend's relative house, and we both are alone, and this friend has MVP, he got heart attack, I had to boot up MVP and wait for 3 minutes, and the user profile is empty, how am I suppose to call 911? And how am I find out the location address?

Care to elaborate?

Not true. The 911 systems in MVP is located at household only when Purple clients have home address in their profile. If moving another place, they must let CC know to change new address or change address in profile.

DHB: For me....I would do the obvious.

If I had MVP (I don't) and it was off and I hadda boot it up and wait 3 minutes while friend is having heart attack..I would say SCREW THAT.

I would run outside or to next door neighbor and pound their door down hard and alert them to call 911. If no one around..I would use my cell phone and just say help help (I am hard of hearing and speak fluent english).

As for the tone deaf/no voice...I would FIND a way to get 911 immediately. Take too long to use the silly MVP.

Like I said carrier network. Device phone can't track the GPS without carrier network. That's mean MVP do not have carrier network and can't track by GPS. In fact the 911 system track device phone thru network carrier.

Like I said carrier network. Device phone can't track the GPS without carrier network. That's mean MVP do not have carrier network and can't track by GPS. In fact the 911 system track device phone thru network carrier.

Alright... I CAN'T prove that MVP has GPS according of Hovrs rep. I should listen what everybody say anything after experimenting MVP as well.

I don't have to worry abt that Let move on THUMB UP

Alright... I CAN'T prove that MVP has GPS according of Hovrs rep. I should listen what everybody say anything after experimenting MVP as well.

I don't have to worry abt that Let move on THUMB UP

Yes, 3G or 4G (WiMax) USB modem can be used into MVP but MVP s USB port is not in use yet. Sprint U300 3G/4G USB Modem includes GPS-enabled but it s available in few metropolitan cities.

DHB: For me....I would do the obvious.

If I had MVP (I don't) and it was off and I hadda boot it up and wait 3 minutes while friend is having heart attack..I would say SCREW THAT.

I would run outside or to next door neighbor and pound their door down hard and alert them to call 911. If no one around..I would use my cell phone and just say help help (I am hard of hearing and speak fluent english).

As for the tone deaf/no voice...I would FIND a way to get 911 immediately. Take too long to use the silly MVP.

Right, If needing 911 emergency service, rush to use phone to dial or go to next door. Don't matter

What about in Rural area and if the house has no phone but has Internet access? I do not want to run half a mile down to nearest neighbor only to find out no one is there. Scary!

Right, If needing 911 emergency service, rush to use phone to dial or go to next door. Don't matter

Back