SnapVRS and Ojo VP

Hello Ojo User:

I was wondering if any of Ojo owner would like to chat on Ojo feel free to email me your # and we'll be able to get know eachother.

I'm seeking new friends worldwide.

Kevin.

:gossip:

Why? what about your Sorenson are you tired about?

The freezing of the picture especially when one is in a middle of a 'heated' discussion.....

Or it blacks out on you....

The usual. But today it was the last straw for me. Anyone want a Sorenson VRS?

If not, I'm throwing mine in the water.

The freezing of the picture especially when one is in a middle of a 'heated' discussion.....

Or it blacks out on you....

The usual. But today it was the last straw for me. Anyone want a Sorenson VRS?

If not, I'm throwing mine in the water.

I would wait till you get the snapVRS and then come up with most sinister way to destroy your Sorenson and have a good sinister laugh!

I would wait till you get the snapVRS and then come up with most sinister way to destroy your Sorenson and have a good sinister laugh!

I've been using Ojo and it never had freeze picture at all. I am impressive with it so far. Only one problem I had was once with snapvrs the lady was very dark skinned and it was hard to watch her sign lang even tho she was great, it's just was hard to see dark skin with dark blue shirt. Other than that snapvrs is wonderful... using them everyday at work, I make calls about 75% of the daily and I get incoming snapvrs about 25% daily

I've been watching the Ojo's for sale at eBay. If the price is right, I might buy one. But one problem. How can I tell if the Ojo that is offered is not a free one that a Deafie got from SnapVRS? I know it's not legal to sell a SnapVRS Ojo on ebay, so I don't want one of those. I want to buy one only if it was purchased legally from another source. Is there some way to know?

I've been watching the Ojo's for sale at eBay. If the price is right, I might buy one. But one problem. How can I tell if the Ojo that is offered is not a free one that a Deafie got from SnapVRS? I know it's not legal to sell a SnapVRS Ojo on ebay, so I don't want one of those. I want to buy one only if it was purchased legally from another source. Is there some way to know?

Are you aware to use the Ojo you need to pay a monthly fee to connect to the Ojo service?

It not SnapVRS but a company that make and sell Ojo service.

Maybe SnapVRS will allow you to connect to their service for free but you will need to email and ask them about it cuz I don't know if they will allow deaf people to buy their own Ojo and use thier services so I suggest you contact them to make sure you can join for free and avoid monthly charges.

Are you aware to use the Ojo you need to pay a monthly fee to connect to the Ojo service?

It not SnapVRS but a company that make and sell Ojo service.

Maybe SnapVRS will allow you to connect to their service for free but you will need to email and ask them about it cuz I don't know if they will allow deaf people to buy their own Ojo and use thier services so I suggest you contact them to make sure you can join for free and avoid monthly charges..
I'm a hearing person so I'm not allowed to get a free Ojo. I would like to buy one so I can call Deaf friends without going thru the relay service. but I would like to buy a new or used Ojo at ebay because it would be much cheaper.

I think that it would be wise for you to contact the SnapVRS company before you buy one on eBay. I may think that a deaf person is not happy with the Ojo and sell it on eBay illegally because this person might have gotten it for free since the Ojo Company owns this Ojo device with the serial number on it.

In a shorthand, SnapVRS is having a problem with the network due the incompatible with VPs because of the conflict between telephone numbers and IP Addresses. They are still working on it.

I probably would use the Indian smoke codes in the air for now.

Hey, I have been waiting for Ojo and I STILL haven't got one after applied for one almost 2 years ago. What kind of business SnapVRS is doing? They SUCKS!

The more I wait for the Ojo, the more I hear cons about these product. Making me wondering is it really worth waiting for Ojo? I don't think so.

What turns me off even more is that they don't widen their screen. Too narrow making me sign narrower than normal, getta outta of here. PLUS no external flasher to hook up? Whats wrong with them? Are they expecting deafies to be near the Ojo to catch the ringing? Insane!

Believe it or not, I have two other I-2eye VP and I haven't used it for a long long long time. Know why? They depend on IP address, VP number isn't interchangeable... SUCKS! again.

So, I'm sticking to Sorenson VP and I don't mind the wait whenever I need assistance from Sorenson. Why? I know most Deaf people depends on Sorenson VP, and of course I believe they have done good job trying to meet everybody's needs. so that means we pay with time instead of money. Remember it is FREE from Sorenson. :)

Same with me I haven't got mine been a year already I rememebr last I applied last year Feburary! My roommate got his with in a month when he applied his last august and then he got his!

I'm a hearing person so I'm not allowed to get a free Ojo. I would like to buy one so I can call Deaf friends without going thru the relay service. but I would like to buy a new or used Ojo at ebay because it would be much cheaper.

I understand but if you get one from Ebay or a friend give you one or you won one at a door prize expo but I am just trying to tell you that you may still have to pay 14.99 a month to "use it on internet" to connect friend's Ojo.

When you plug in Ojo to internet, it probably will pop up a screen informing you that it cost 14.99 a month for the service and you would need to enter credit card information before you could start using it to connect to other Ojo.

Anytime Ojo is connect to the internet and first thing it will do is check with their server to see if you have paid up or an account using Ojo service. It just like a VOIP phone service instead it a video phone.

This is getting very discouraging, so I'll probably just skip the whole idea. Oh, well.

I looked these products on eBay. The prices are not reasonable because some of them are used. If you really want to buy one as long as it is cheaper, then you do it. This is what you want to be happy to have one. In my mind, you could get it for about up to 130 dollars.

In February, many sales are coming up that you might want to buy something instead of a video phone. That's something you have to keep in your mind. I am pretty sure that there will be always more video phones on eBay next month or later.

I just spot Reba comment about that member is hearing and prefer talk deaf person than using VRS.

I have a question, hopefully you can answer but I am not "dare" to challenge you ;)

I just want understand and why....

Do you think that VRS isn't benefit for you contact person who is Deaf and why?

The reason I am asking because if we don't use VRS and what the point to keep VRS up and running. It just like we are getting free prize and never use their service?

Myself user of videophone and never liked another VRS provider expect Sorenson. I sometime use i711 or Viable but if those interpreter I see same person often. I reduce them because I don't want see interpreter, "Hi there! how are you doing?!" I am not looking for make an friend from VRS interpreter.

I am just wonder why hearing people want product what deaf current use. Myself don't understand why deaf person has various videophone to use but what wrong with one product that can use any VRS. I am just wonder sometime (shake head) :) It just interesting... Remember, I don't want challenge.. Just want learn something each one of us ;)

I don't mind chatting thru VRS. It would just be nice to sign directly with my friends, so we can see each other. The more ways we can communicate together, the better. I also use email, TTY, TTY Relay, and BlackBerry SMS.

I am just wonder why hearing people want product what deaf current use. Myself don't understand why deaf person has various videophone to use but what wrong with one product that can use any VRS. I am just wonder sometime (shake head) :) It just interesting... Remember, I don't want challenge.. Just want learn something each one of us ;)

Ojo is a hearing product actually.

It was released as a video phone for hearing people then a company started SnapVRS and is using "Ojo" as their choice of device for video relay service.

Same thing with VP100 it is a hearing product and released as a DVS-1000 but Sorenson also use the same product for video relay service and name it to VP100.

FCC require that any video products used for video releay service must be compiable with each other so relay service companies cannot monoply the service all for themseleves. So no matter how many products there is out there but it all need to be able to connect to any federally funded video relay service.

Even Ojo have to be able to place calls to Sorenson Relay Service or 711i or My IP relay etc if it wasn't able to then FCC would not have approved of it being given out to deaf folks to use it for video relay service.

If a hearing person want to a video phone to make calls to deaf people then that great and it a freedom of choice on what they would like to choose to use to commuicate with anyone whom are hearing or deaf or blind etc.

Back