SnapVRS and Ojo VP

One other thing; Something this obvious shouldn't be that easily forgotten! :) Does the Ojo videophone have a flasher? How would one know if there's a call? What kind of visual signal does the Ojo provide?

If you are looking at the Ojo, it will use non-light visual cues, but that doesn't do us Deafies any good if we aren't looking at it. Unfortunately, the PVP-900 (that's the black Ojo) does not have a light signalling RJ-11 jack like the VP-100/200 or Dlink VPs have. I also found out that the PVP-1000 (that's the silver Ojo) has an RJ-11 phone jack, but it does not produce ringtone voltage for incoming internet VRS/VP calls, so that's not an option.

I asked this question of SnapVRS tech support a few weeks ago and their response was to use an audio-based signalling device, for example, like the Sonic Alert USS360. Since I personally use the Alertmaster wireless system, I will be ordering their audio-based signaller, the AM-AMAX.

At any rate, it is my understanding that SnapVRS and Worldgate may be considering developing an Ojo that is geared solely to Deaf VRS customers, much like the VP-100/200 are. The current Ojo already does a great job, but like anything, it certainly wouldn't hurt for it to benefit from a couple of minor tweaks.

DreamDeaf already order Ojo VP and that what she explain to me.....

you have portable VP with remote alike VP on tv. I am forward to see it soon as it arrives.

That looks like a crank up WWI army field phone. That's not a cell phone. :lol:

Not exactly what I am talking about. I was just giving you the picture (in your brain to see) how big it is. In World War II, there is a soldier who carry the phone box, and the soldier behind him carry the phone cords. I saw that in many movies that related to World War II.
Bottom line is... you can see that they are so big, just like Ojo. Wait until 20 years later, you would be like wow I remember Ojo, that is huge, just like WWII BIG PHONE.

:fingersx:hope you got it now.

Do you have a proof that will high chance that SnapVRS is dominate on market to deaf community?

If Sorenson doesn't act quickly to address the frustrations of many Deafies with their long wait for a VP-200, I see no reason why SnapVRS won't capture many of those Deafies as customers. I've already seen several of my Deaf friends start to defect from Sorenson to SnapVRS for this very reason.

As I've said before, I have & use both the VP-200 and the Ojo. I love both videophones. I feel sorry for folks who are still stuck with a VP-100 or a Dlink 1000.

If Sorenson doesn't act quickly to address the frustrations of many Deafies with their long wait for a VP-200, I see no reason why SnapVRS won't capture many of those Deafies as customers. I've already seen several of my Deaf friends start to defect from Sorenson to SnapVRS for this very reason.

As I've said before, I have & use both the VP-200 and the Ojo. I love both videophones. I feel sorry for folks who are still stuck with a VP-100 or a Dlink 1000.

... and I know several deafies WAITING for their OJO as well. It goes both ways.

I don't think Ojo is gonna be a good video phone unless they change and update their firmware to allow us adding phone number for SnapVSR.

I really like the Ojo .. good quaity video but I have to finger spell each phone number I want to call each time when I use SnapVRS.

I don't like that and I want to be ale to put it in phone list and click on person I want to call then SnapVRS will see number pop up on screen. Sorenson does it this way.

There's a relatively new website to post your VRS reviews. I posted my feedback on Sorenson and SnapVRS, the two providers that I tend to use.

It not about SnapVRS service.. It the hardware limitation I am complaining about 8-/ unable to save phone number for VRS in Ojo Phone.

It not about SnapVRS service.. It the hardware limitation I am complaining about 8-/ unable to save phone number for VRS in Ojo Phone.

I completely agree with you. In my own review of SnapVRS on vrsreview.com, I pointed out one of the downsides of the Ojo was the inability to manually key in a phone number prior to calling the interpreter. It would be nice if, like the VP-200, the Ojo was able to keep track of numbers we had previously inputted as calls. However, I do believe you may be able to save the DNS names of other VRS providers in your Ojo phone book.

I am hoping SnapVRS will work with their Ojo supplier to integrate more "deaf-friendly" features into an already wonderful videophone. In the meantime, I feel that the Ojo has a lot more going for it than against it.

In the end, only competition will help the VRS industry technologically innovate. We would do well as a Deaf community to support both the VP-100/200 and especially the Ojo so that VRS providers will come to know and understand that they must try to differentiate themselves from their competition.

Hey, I have been waiting for Ojo and I STILL haven't got one after applied for one almost 2 years ago. What kind of business SnapVRS is doing? They SUCKS!

The more I wait for the Ojo, the more I hear cons about these product. Making me wondering is it really worth waiting for Ojo? I don't think so.

What turns me off even more is that they don't widen their screen. Too narrow making me sign narrower than normal, getta outta of here. PLUS no external flasher to hook up? Whats wrong with them? Are they expecting deafies to be near the Ojo to catch the ringing? Insane!

Believe it or not, I have two other I-2eye VP and I haven't used it for a long long long time. Know why? They depend on IP address, VP number isn't interchangeable... SUCKS! again.

So, I'm sticking to Sorenson VP and I don't mind the wait whenever I need assistance from Sorenson. Why? I know most Deaf people depends on Sorenson VP, and of course I believe they have done good job trying to meet everybody's needs. so that means we pay with time instead of money. Remember it is FREE from Sorenson. :)

yeah its small from what i have seen in the picture.. i like bigger screen so can feel comfy and sign comfy rather than sign like u are embarrassed and doesnt want others to see u sign? sheesh..

i dont think it will dominate the deaf markets.. Sorenson VP will continue to dominate the deaf markets for now...

Hey, I have been waiting for Ojo and I STILL haven't got one after applied for one almost 2 years ago. What kind of business SnapVRS is doing? They SUCKS!

The more I wait for the Ojo, the more I hear cons about these product. Making me wondering is it really worth waiting for Ojo? I don't think so.

What turns me off even more is that they don't widen their screen. Too narrow making me sign narrower than normal, getta outta of here. PLUS no external flasher to hook up? Whats wrong with them? Are they expecting deafies to be near the Ojo to catch the ringing? Insane!

Believe it or not, I have two other I-2eye VP and I haven't used it for a long long long time. Know why? They depend on IP address, VP number isn't interchangeable... SUCKS! again.

So, I'm sticking to Sorenson VP and I don't mind the wait whenever I need assistance from Sorenson. Why? I know most Deaf people depends on Sorenson VP, and of course I believe they have done good job trying to meet everybody's needs. so that means we pay with time instead of money. Remember it is FREE from Sorenson. :)

Do you work for Sorenson in any capacity?

For what it's worth: The Small screen is a GOOD THING in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times on other videophones where people set up the screen/camera so far away that it's impossible to see them. With the Ojo, they're forced to sign clearly and to sit close to the Ojo.

Personally, I love it. The phone uses very little bandwidth compared to its main competitor and in my house, we have two ojo's set up behind one firewall.

Yeah, I like both Ojo and VP. It does not matter. It is too bad that Ojo does not have a flasher. An Ojo inventor is not too bright about deaf people's need. Nothing that we can do about it. The IP Address that you don't have to remember that because you can save it in your Ojo's phonebook right there.

If the Ojo's new design does not come with the flasher, that will hurt us. I would return mine and insult the company, but not now. Just wait in a couple of months or one year if there is an announcement for a new one.

Last time I checked, yeah, he does. At least he states that he does VP installs.

He is working as VP Installer? I am wonder where... Should I say, are you installer of CSD because I know you are fan of CSD?

I am curious, why you are assume he is installer?

Personally, I love it. The phone uses very little bandwidth compared to its main competitor and in my house, we have two ojo's set up behind one firewall.

How did you end up with two Ojos? Did you set up one of them in the DMZ and the other via the virtual server settings?

How did you end up with two Ojos? Did you set up one of them in the DMZ and the other via the virtual server settings?

I work from home so one is from work and the other is my wife/family Ojo.

Re: Firewall: You don't need to do that since SIP connections are very flexible. In fact, if I remember correctly, you can, theoretically, plug in up to 75 ojo's behind one IP address where as the H323 protocol limits you to one VP per IP address.

I'm not a techie and I don't pretend to be one but this definitely is a big PLUS for the Ojo in terms of having multiple units in a home/office without having to request additional IP addresses.

Back