Sleight of Hand

Thank you Botts. I knew the idiom from your good description but I didn't know the meaning and had to look it up to make sure I was correct.

English Idiom
Meaning= Beautiful person to look at. Sometimes used to describe other pretty things but usually very attractive people.

using right index finger point to corner of right eye and make rotating motion
(as if drilling a hole)

OK maybe that one is too new. How about this one.

English Idiom Meaning = something that you do not like but which you know must exist or happen

X shaped hand palm down, point forward, bounce in air a few times
touch tip of x shape hand to right corner of chin and make a downward
curly shaped motion

English Idiom
Meaning= Beautiful person to look at. Sometimes used to describe other pretty things but usually very attractive people.

using right index finger point to corner of right eye and make rotating motion (as if drilling a hole)

Hey! Some of us need a little more more time. I just logged on and figured this one out, and you're already off on another one.

I hope I get a little more time on this new one, as the signs are not immediately familiar and I have to think back and maybe ask around.

I get so excited playing this game with my Deaf friends! I will try not to be so hyper!

English Idiom Meaning = something that you do not like but which you know must exist or happen

X shaped hand palm down, point forward, bounce in air a few times

touch tip of x shape hand to right corner of chin and make a downward curly shaped motion

Thanks for the extra clue. It's funny how just a little difference can throw someone off. I've always seen "evil" signed with both x-hands curling down. Ha ha ha, I was stuck on the sign for "envy." My lack of experience showing.

Nevertheless, is the idiom "necessary evil"?

This ones's a stinker

Way to go Chase! What is the sign for envy? I don't know that one.

Actually, the way my sister taught me sign “envy” only looks like an X-hand at the chin. It’s supposed to be a natural sign–that is biting the curved index finger at the corner of one’s mouth. Sorry to digress.

This next idiom treat for eyes (and nose as well) is a derogatory name I was recently called here on All Deaf. It means an elderly person who stinks due to flatulence, ha ha ha.

The ASL signs are:

1. The A-hand pulling down from the chin as in stroking a beard.

2. The right index finger points up, held at the “crotch” of the index and middle finger of the left palm-down 5-hand. Then the right index finger shoots out (as in passing gas).

Actually, the way my sister taught me sign “envy” only looks like an X-hand at the chin. It’s supposed to be a natural sign–that is biting the curved index finger at the corner of one’s mouth. Sorry to digress.

This next idiom treat for eyes (and nose as well) is a derogatory name I was recently called here on All Deaf. It means an elderly person who stinks due to flatulence, ha ha ha.

The ASL signs are:

1. The A-hand pulling down from the chin as in stroking a beard.

2. The right index finger points up, held at the “crotch” of the index and middle finger of the left palm-down 5-hand. Then the right index finger shoots out (as in passing gas).

Too easy Old Fart!:laugh2:

(Emphasis added)

Correct. I note you even capitalized it, like we're a thriving culture, similar to the Deaf, ha ha ha.

:rofl: :rofl: I would prefer to go out in public in my Deaf Pride shirt!

Meaning= To find a betrayer.

1. Slowly move cupped right hand up to and past the nose, breathing in.

2. "R" hand brush tip of nose several times.

thank you Botts

English Idiom Meaning: I am annoyed or surprised by this

right index finger touches right side of forhead and sweeps forward and points out
right index finger and left index finger draw lines down from eyes, alternate and repeat
left L shaped fist touches cheek and then both fist hands facing palm out jerk side to side with eyes squint close

I just answered "For crying out loud", But it appeared way up in the list. so here is my answer again.

Back