Sleight of Hand

Chase I don't understand this part:

"where the thumb and forefinger for the round lip."

could you explain this for me?

Good reading, Cathe. It's a careless typo. It should read, "form the round lip." In other words, the S-hand is held out like a cup with the thumb and forefinger topmost. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you!!!

Meaning= Very expensive.

1. Right hand, fingers closed over thumb, at lips. (like sign "good") Then hand goes counterclockwise around face, opening into "5" hand to mean whole face.

2. "1" hand touches right temple and moves up and away quickly.

Can I have another hint? Like why are fingers closed over thumb?

That should not matter. That part of the clue I already told you, it means "good" The part that comes after when it opens up and goes round the face is what you should concentrate on.

The second word is a unit of money.

Wow, I'm stumped. All I see is, "Good, Beautiful" I remember being shown the last sign at a Deaf chat but can't recall it's meaning.

Wow, I'm stumped. All I see is, "Good, Beautiful" I remember being shown the last sign at a Deaf chat but can't recall it's meaning.

Ok since I think Chase has left the building, there is no one else left to answer, and I will tell you the answer.

"Pretty Penny"

OHHHH! Now I remember that sign for penny! Dang! Well I won't forget it now! I guess its your turn again Botts. Good one, I'll use it at my next game in public.

OHHHH! Now I remember that sign for penny! Dang! Well I won't forget it now! I guess its your turn again Botts. Good one, I'll use it at my next game in public.

Please go ahead and take your turn. You tried and I think my meaning explanation was not good enough.

For this one I'm going to practice using the sign Botts just taught me.

English Idiom meaning = I would like to know what you are thinking about

sign d shape hand to temple and move up and away quickly
sign d shape hand to forhead and the point forward
sign flat hand palm out toward person you are talking to
sign d shape hand touching forhead again but making small circular motions on
forhead with index finger

For this one I'm going to practice using the sign Botts just taught me.

English Idiom meaning = I would like to know what you are thinking about

sign d shape hand to temple and move up and away quickly
sign d shape hand to forhead and the point forward
sign flat hand palm out toward person you are talking to
sign d shape hand touching forhead again but making small circular motions on
forhead with index finger

Penny for your thoughts

Thank you.

Meaning=To do something to make a bad situation worse than it is.

1. Index and middle fingers on right "H" hand palm up, swing up and over until they rest on the index and middle fingers of the left "H" hand held palm down.

2. Little finger edge of open right hand moves in sawing motion over back of downturned left hand.

3. Both "5" hands, palms face body. Move up and down alternately while fingers wiggle.

Back