Simple Things That Make You Go "Ugh!"

Spider at the train station. It was on me. EEK!! I shooed it away, but let it live.

Cockroaches really made me go EEK! Man I the those damn bugs and if you step one it explodes . UGH!

Oh yuck. I would have screamed. LOL. there's many houses around here decorating for Halloween, and one house has fake cobwebs all over the house with many giant fake spiders (like 4 feet long!) and I can't bear to look at that house LOL

Well considering where it was, I just wanted it off me before it had a chance to bite me :shock: Don't think it was particularly happy being disturbed.

Well considering where it was, I just wanted it off me before it had a chance to bite me :shock: Don't think it was particularly happy being disturbed.

SpidermanThings-2_1280.jpg

You could had become Spiderman !

SpidermanThings-2_1280.jpg

You could had become Spiderman !

LOL. Back in the late 2000's I was always waking up with a non-venomous spider bite or two, and they're not strong enough to kill, but they WILL make one itch like crazy, though, but it's been a few years since I was last bitten by one, and I'd like to keep it that way.

One of my uncles got bitten by a brown recluse. This was many years ago. It got so infected they had to do surgery to carve out a part of his leg because antibiotics was not clearing it up.

LOL. Back in the late 2000's I was always waking up with a non-venomous spider bite or two, and they're not strong enough to kill, but they WILL make one itch like crazy, though, but it's been a few years since I was last bitten by one, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I was bitten by a big black ant while sleeping and damn did that hurt. It woke me right up! It was on my arm , I thought it was spider at first and when I turned my light on , I saw I killed an ant. UGH!

Check out spider pic I put on what are you doing now thread. I meant to put it here. But scientist saw this spider somewhere in South America. It's big as a puppy with two inch fangs. Non venomous though

Here's a new/old one. A blown bicycle tube. Happened earlier today while riding in Evanston. Not sure how it happened, but it'll get replaced soon, and my bicycle will be back up and running in no time. :P Just thankful I had my backup ready to go. :D

Person I am living with said this to me tonight

" I don't use full load on washer cause it wears out the machine."

I so much wanted to say to her that it will wear out with small load or large loads. It is designed to handle large loads as long as it isn't overfilled. It is the use and age that wears them out, not using large load as designed.

I bit my tongue tho cause I don't think she would accept that.

Ugh!

What the....? Is she high?

:laugh2::laugh2:

Try this, teach her by example. Stop up an emptying pipe so the water remains, then tell her she messed it up! Do some senseless false fixing (tap it, kick it, whatever!) and rerun it, then warn of a water burst flood next time! The stubborn just won't learn unless you instill some reasonable awareness in them! Don't ask how I know... :D

:laugh2::laugh2:

Try this, teach her by example. Stop up an emptying pipe so the water remains, then tell her she messed it up! Do some senseless false fixing (tap it, kick it, whatever!) and rerun it, then warn of a water burst flood next time! The stubborn just won't learn unless you instill some reasonable awareness in them! Don't ask how I know... :D

LOL

I've learned more since. Guess a family member that used to live here would overload the machine (way overload it) and caused problems with it.

I've replaced some parts on it and when I used it today, it did a better job of cleaning and I think she will see it and might use it more as intended as time goes by.

Okay, here's a updated version of being near a train horn-- standing RIGHT NEXT TO IT when it gets blown. Just about knocked me senseless. :|

Okay, here's a updated version of being near a train horn-- standing RIGHT NEXT TO IT when it gets blown. Just about knocked me senseless. :|

Well if you had any sense you wouldn't stand right next to it to begin with :roll:

Well if you had any sense you wouldn't stand right next to it to begin with :roll:

Wasn't by choice. They're putting in a new track at Ravenswood, and by law, they're supposed to blow it for safety reasons. Just wish they'd pulled out a little bit before doing so. Just about blasted my one good ear completely deaf.

Wasn't by choice. They're putting in a new track at Ravenswood, and by law, they're supposed to blow it for safety reasons. Just wish they'd pulled out a little bit before doing so. Just about blasted my one good ear completely deaf.

Even the underpass let alone the overpass had not been put in when I was growing up in Centralia so I am very familiar with waiting at a street level crossing for many many years. What I learned a long time ago and they still seem to be following the pattern (we still have a number of street level crossings) is 4 blasts as they approach a street level crossing as a warning. I have noticed and there are times when they get mighty close to the crossing before hitting the horn. These are freight trains that go through without stopping.

Even the underpass let alone the overpass had not been put in when I was growing up in Centralia so I am very familiar with waiting at a street level crossing for many many years. What I learned a long time ago and they still seem to be following the pattern (we still have a number of street level crossings) is 4 blasts as they approach a street level crossing as a warning. I have noticed and there are times when they get mighty close to the crossing before hitting the horn. These are freight trains that go through without stopping.

Yes. Long-short-short-long. That is mandatory, and is a FRA regulation for safety. Nowadays locomotives use K5LA horns, which are very LOUD. A few have K5LLA horns, also loud. The freight trains do NOT go through the Metra stations here in Chicago-- there's no way for them to get to the freight yard on the South Side, but freight trains DO go through the Metra stations up north, however. When I worked at the Navy Base, it was a common occurrence to see a frieght train going through Great Lakes.

Forgetting to turn off the shower head AFTER I shower, and getting an unannounced shower I didn't need. -__- Had to change shirts because of that.

:mad2: Well, well well. Guess what I woke up with this morning? Yup, spider bites-- two of them. Both on my ankle, and yes, it's itching like insane crazy. Should not have talked spiders. :|

Back