sick motorcycle accidents **graphic trigger alert**

good movie

wild_hogs.jpg

it surprised me too. *shhhhh I am at work LOL*:giggle:

Gee! this is not good, beginner decided to go for touring? That is extreme because it is NOT easy to balance it when it comes to curves. That is because of its weight usually around 1k pounds. Best go for crusier with 400 to 600cc. These beginner bike weights about 250 to 400 pounds which makes it easier to go on curve.

1K? No. A bit too heavy, even for a touring bike. This bike in the picture below (2000 Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE) weighs in just under 820 lbs is plenty big and heavy. I think what made it difficult was the extra passenger. I'm sure with the driver, passenger and bike is well over 1K pounds.

2000 Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE

Right. They're just getting what they deserve, aren't they?

According to law.

But bikers that die every year do not deserve such deaths even if done in such extreme and reckless manner. No more than a skier who decides to ski out of bound for better snow, gets stuck or lost and unable to save himself dies in the end. Stupidity has a cost, but not deserving of death. Just the morons who decide to murder innocent people.

According to law.

But bikers that die every year do not deserve such deaths even if done in such extreme and reckless manner. No more than a skier who decides to ski out of bound for better snow, gets stuck or lost and unable to save himself dies in the end. Stupidity has a cost, but not deserving of death. Just the morons who decide to murder innocent people.

I see your point and agree with you 100%

According to law.

Agreed.

Granted, I probably should have worded my original sentence to not say he "deserved" death, but that he deserved a consequence for his actions. Unfortunately for him, in this case the consequence was death. This goes to show what happens though when you play fast and loose with your own mortality.

Agreed.

Granted, I probably should have worded my original sentence to not say he "deserved" death, but that he deserved a consequence for his actions. Unfortunately for him, in this case the consequence was death. This goes to show what happens though when you play fast and loose with your own mortality.

That's what is wrong with America. People expect negative reinforcement. Sickening.

1K? No. A bit too heavy, even for a touring bike. This bike in the picture below (2000 Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE) weighs in just under 820 lbs is plenty big and heavy. I think what made it difficult was the extra passenger. I'm sure with the driver, passenger and bike is well over 1K pounds.

2000 Honda GL1500SE Gold Wing SE

well - a lot of touring bike riders are typically 200+ lbs so that brings it up to 1,000 lbs range easy excluding the passenger. Plus - they most likely have stuff in those boxes. oh - the weight of gas too.

It'd be closer to 900 than 1K. Those boxes aren't that big to weigh down that much. Gas, yes but not much so. 4 gallons of gas weighs 34 pounds.

I'd like to see a chart that shows the weight of these heavy touring bikes.

Like I said, I say it was adding the passenger that made it more difficult to maneuver along with inexperience.

It'd be closer to 900 than 1K. Those boxes aren't that big to weigh down that much. Gas, yes but not much so. 4 gallons of gas weighs 34 pounds.

I'd like to see a chart that shows the weight of these heavy touring bikes.

Like I said, I say it was adding the passenger that made it more difficult to maneuver along with inexperience.

2010 Goldwing (info obtained from Honda site)
Curb Weight: 895 - 928 pounds, depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
typical weight of rider: 200+ lbs
gas: 6.6 gallons (about 47 lbs)

Total Weight: approximately 1,142 lbs including a rider + gas

and yes - adding a passenger plus inexperience will change the whole game

I have ridden a Harley, but I will probably never drive a motorcycle myself. I have a poor sense of balance, to do so would likely end in disaster. I will stick to driving my four-wheeled motor vehicles.

Adding passenger really do not feel much difference, maybe it is just myself because I do own GL1200-A which has the base weight of 860lbs plus gas, oil and battery. And I weight over 200 lbs, so that makes my bike easily go over 1k lbs.

I have squashed skunk once with my bike, its body is literally gone, that is because of my bike weight, crusiers may be able to do that half way.

Im not kidding about skunk, what a interesting experience.

2010 Goldwing (info obtained from Honda site)
Curb Weight: 895 - 928 pounds, depending on option packages selected (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
typical weight of rider: 200+ lbs
gas: 6.6 gallons (about 47 lbs)

Total Weight: approximately 1,142 lbs including a rider + gas

and yes - adding a passenger plus inexperience will change the whole game

"I have squashed skunk once with my bike, its body is literally gone, that is because of my bike weight, crusiers may be able to do that half way.

Im not kidding about skunk, what a interesting experience."

LOL, I bet it was an interesting experience! :rofl2:

Yea, even in fact that I was on the way to work. I thought I didn't get sprayed. As soon as I walked in, few of my co-worker got out of the office! Then one of cool co-worker in front of me and he sniffed few times and said, did you get attacked by skunk? My response was yea. Then as soon I sat down to start my shift. I couldn't stand the smell and decided left work gone back home and got serious bath. Then gone back to work, my co worker said wow! How do you get rid of that smell?

"I have squashed skunk once with my bike, its body is literally gone, that is because of my bike weight, crusiers may be able to do that half way.

Im not kidding about skunk, what a interesting experience."

LOL, I bet it was an interesting experience! :rofl2:

Yea, even in fact that I was on the way to work. I thought I didn't get sprayed. As soon as I walked in, few of my co-worker got out of the office! Then one of cool co-worker in front of me and he sniffed few times and said, did you get attacked by skunk? My response was yea. Then as soon I sat down to start my shift. I couldn't stand the smell and decided left work gone back home and got serious bath. Then gone back to work, my co worker said wow! How do you get rid of that smell?

:rofl2: OMG! :laugh2: This is too funny! :rofl2:

Noticed a dramatic difference in close calls while riding my motorcycle after relocating from San Jose, CA to Boise, ID thanks to the much smaller population base.

Can't be lulled into a false sense of complacency regardless of where you live. That said, I certainly do feel a lot safer here. Have done motorcycle trips in ID, MT, OR, WA, NV, and CA.

Have around 61 blogs of road trips and whatnot with the main blog located at Grumbler On Wheels ... am not in any motorcycle clubs. More into getting away from it all with 1-3 friends.

Learned how to ride a motorcycle before I knew how to drive a car. Doesn't hurt that I'm a big barf(tm) with a great sense of balance. Definitely have to be visually aware of your surroundings while riding a motorcycle.

There was a deaf biker forum awhile ago, but it died due to lack of activity.

Reasons of accident?

Reasons of accident?

1.Driving with drinking alcohol is the big reason.
2.careless driving
3.Hearing music when they are driving.
4.using mobile also when they are driving.
5.Extra speed.

Please keep safe driving...Not for you but for them who thinking about you.
Please think if you have something in the accident then what will be situation who are dependent on you or who are thinking about you. Please "keep safe drive not you own for them who cares for you"

Back