Show off your desktop v.711

Same here...

I had recovery my computer at few time after killed from windowblind.

same here happen in year ago I download windowblind in my PC and went oddly behave. I delete by registry after that went fine. WHEW!.

MyDeskTop.jpg

You people have some reallly nice desktops!

Catty, Yeah I got you. I prefer get the real OEM WIN-Vista OS with beautiful NATURE theme.. :P

Because I had used to the windowblind on PC theme. it sometime crashed on my pc and even it actually shutdown PC data for NO reason. I had to formitted harddrive again. I learned something my lesson. I wont load any third party themes on pc again. ;)

I learned that Windows Vista have different theme file that is not compatible with XP so you can't "steal" from it. It use different file format. Oh well!! Did you ever try Desktop X ?(competitor of WindowBlind) I will try it on my desktop PC to see if it'll screw or not LOL. I've tried cracked version WindowBlind. I don't like it. It screws the registry on desktop.

Actually, I DID have Longhorn theme for XP.. It's not a Windowblind. It's just a installation file which is about 25mb.. I AM NOT sure if I still have it cuz it's about 2 years old. I remmy installed it on my old PC w/ XP. It did show working clock, photo slideshow, ect (the Longhorn sidebar) just exactly like Vista. But transparency was unchecked (It did have transparency but my old system's peewee graphic card can't handle it). BUT it did bogs down the performance of old desktop w/ 256mb (it's 600mhz system tho) and Now that I have three powerful system that are 1.6ghz, 1.8 ghz and 2.2 ghz, All have 512 and excellent graphhic card. I would give it a try IF I still have file 2 years ago (I sure hope I didn't erased CDrw or threw away CDrom). That file just basically add and transform all theme including sound, Icons, ect.. It doesn't crash the system anyway. I downloaded it from P2P back then.. I wish they had it for XP for Vista theme w/ transparency

IF I found it, I would be more than happy to show off pix on posting LOL

Catty

I just downloaded Vista Transformation program and installed it on my PC. It turned out it must have WindowBlind 5.0 to produce transparency. I skipped that part and went ahead and install the icons ect. Sure enuf it did. But it look like Yahoo's widget. It have changed ever since so I'm just leaving it on PC for kids to play with. It didn't install Theme but transformed all Icons. Interesting. Cuz I was afraid to choose the latter that permanently install transformation and it's irreversable. So I chose the one that I can back out. I will try that on other old PC to see what it'll do. LOL

Catty

Abt Windowblinds

I have been using Windowblinds 4 and half year with no problem
I'm using WinXP and the only time when it doesn't function right
for instead when it does shutdown PC data for NO reason, or any other
acting up it is all becuz of old WB version needs to be upgrade to get it to work
along with other prgoram for example like
yahoo IM or IMVU that did not work well in old WB version...these two wuld not work together but the old WB version had an exclude applicatons from WB and set it compatiblity options when look of a particular applicaton that had a different look to them by add them on that that work good some dont...until I upgrade it , it works well. Even dont need a cracked version...all it take is to change the dll or use a patch...both work good, with no problem.

shadowfeather

Oops! accident hit the wrong
key came out too large,

this is going to take for some time
to get the hang of this

Hope it did not hurt your eyes

Mine is all Blue Bubbles BackGround but 4 monitors in one PC...
http://www.ramscomputerdoctor.com/MYPC/my-desk.JPG
Windows can move from left to right..
Resolutions:
1st Monitor: 1280 x 1024 75Hz
2nd Monitor: 2048 x 1536 75Hz
3rd Monitor: 2048 x 1536 75Hz
4th Monitor: 1280 x 1024 75Hz

NICE! OWNED! heh!
i use this for Video Editors and Graphics and 3D.

Interesting isn't it. Look like a hacker's workstation :rofl: Can't you use Linux and run Beryl desktop on it?

Catty

I tried to uploaded my desktop from imageshack and photobucket, they are TOO longer to upload, even limited size and my modem has lousy upload spped, I have no choice but rather to post wallpaper that what I'm using it.
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/01282_windycitysunset_1680x1050.jpg

You need to meet the right size of the resolution for your monitor. I think it is 1680 x 1050 for you to download it.

If you have an internet cable, probably many people are using their computer at home that made your online slow down. Maybe, the imageshack or photobucket 's server is running slow down due over-traffic online.

How come you do not use your personal website on your ISP service? I use it a lot. I put my pictures on Alldeaf posts from my personal website. I do not use Alldeaf's file storage because there is no delete button. I use a Fetch software to transfer my photos into the personal web folders. (See on Fetch -- the Mac OS X FTP/SFTP Client) It is a wonderful software, and it is very easy. It is only 25 bucks. I think that you can get a free discount for a college student. I am sorry that this Fetch software is only for Mac computers.

FallHarvest_2.jpg

I hid my desktop icons. :)

That's what it looks like on my desktop now. Fall is coming! I hardly wait to go pumpkin patch with my son...gotta be FUN!

how you do that.. i cant figure out to copy my desktop picture? :confused: :):):)

Ok i cannot copy my desktop picture but I could get download from computer :( anyway Here My desktop picture

Attachments

• 1156211753.jpg
    1156211753.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
Easy...you see on your keyboard..."PRINT SCREEN"? Use that then open paint program, paste it and then resize and don't forget to save it then upload on imageshack...volia! Be sure you save it on JPEG.

how you do that.. i cant figure out to copy my desktop picture? :confused: :):):)

Easy...you see on your keyboard..."PRINT SCREEN"? Use that then open paint program, paste it and then resize and don't forget to save it then upload on imageshack...volia! Be sure you save it on JPEG.

:confused: when Click on Print screen and there is nothing?

You need to meet the right size of the resolution for your monitor. I think it is 1680 x 1050 for you to download it.

If you have an internet cable, probably many people are using their computer at home that made your online slow down. Maybe, the imageshack or photobucket 's server is running slow down due over-traffic online.

How come you do not use your personal website on your ISP service? I use it a lot. I put my pictures on Alldeaf posts from my personal website. I do not use Alldeaf's file storage because there is no delete button. I use a Fetch software to transfer my photos into the personal web folders. (See on Fetch -- the Mac OS X FTP/SFTP Client) It is a wonderful software, and it is very easy. It is only 25 bucks. I think that you can get a free discount for a college student. I am sorry that this Fetch software is only for Mac computers.

I'm using 1680 x 1050 as maxmium resolution but I cannot upload because of imageshack and photobucket's limited size, plus my modem has lousy upload speed at roughly 300 kbps. I'm using DSL, not cable modem, none of them are sharing my internet, I was alone to uploading but can't.

I don't have personal website, plus you said Fetch software is only for Mac? I'm using Intel Mac, not windows, lol.

I'm using 1680 x 1050 as maxmium resolution but I cannot upload because of imageshack and photobucket's limited size, plus my modem has lousy upload speed at roughly 300 kbps. I'm using DSL, not cable modem, none of them are sharing my internet, I was alone to uploading but can't.

I don't have personal website, plus you said Fetch software is only for Mac? I'm using Intel Mac, not windows, lol.

try resizing the screenshot with imageshack. select resize to message board size and you know the rest. it will make the file size smaller or other way is to save it as jpeg since it doesn't use jpeg to take screenshots. use preview to save it then upload it to imageshack as I said above.

hope this helps :)

Back