Shooting at Ft Hood; 7 dead, 20+wounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did get "counseling" while he was an intern at Walter Reed. We don't know what kind or how much.

"While an intern at Walter Reed, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.

Grieger said privacy laws prevented him from going into details but noted that the problems had to do with Hasan's interactions with patients. He recalled Hasan as a "mostly very quiet" person who never spoke ill of the military or his country."

I don't believe "we as a society" are responsible for Hasan's actions.

This man is a psychiatrist. All psychiatrists are required to undergo 1 year of psychotherapy prior to being licensed to practice.

We as a society are certainly responsible for the level of bigotry and discrimination that exists in this country. That certainly exascerbates any tendency toward mental health issues.

Mod note:

This thread is cleaned up and re-opened. Now people, let me remind you guys religious discussion is not permitted in this forum until further notice. Stick to the topic, if you wish to debate about something else not related, go create a new thread.

Thank you.

:bump:

Thread re-opened.

okay, sticking to the facts as reported by the news with regard to the Ft. Hood incident:
Fort Hood suspect said his goodbyes before rampage - Yahoo! News
A recent classmate said Hasan once gave a jarring presentation to students in which he argued the war on terrorism was a war against Islam, and "made himself a lightning rod for things" when he felt his religious beliefs were challenged.
Soldiers reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire Thursday, said Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, the base commander.
But I obviously have no idea why this deranged man would go on such a killing spree.

jillio, it is not another person's opinion that he yelled what he yelled at the time of his murderous run.

jillio, it is not another person's opinion that he yelled what he yelled at the time of his murderous run.

Interpretation of what the intended meaning was is opinion. He yelled a specific phrase. That is fact. What that phrase was intended to mean, what the contextual definition was, and why he yelled it is nothing more than conjecture.

the fact that he had made statements regarding his intent in classroom presentations and internet postings lends to the contextual definition intended.

the fact that he had made statements regarding his intent in classroom presentations and internet postings lends to the contextual definition intended.

Read again. The article you have referenced says virtually nothing about his intent, nor his plans to enact the scene at Ft. Hood. Again with the assumptions.:roll:

Again, there is a difference between a deduction and an assumption. Shall I post the definition for you here as well?

Again, there is a difference between a deduction and an assumption. Shall I post the definition for you here as well?

You might want to read your definition first.:giggle:

And you might want to learn its meaning.

Guns. On a military base. Yikes.

Guns. On a military base. Yikes.

Go figure! It is almost as unheard of as stressed out soldiers killing unarmed citizens. Or a soldier pushed beyond the limits murdering a fellow enlistee.

(Okay, sarcasm ended).

Funny, most of his victims were unarmed, even on a military base.

This is really sad. My thoughts go out to the family of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back