Shocking news I got from medical doctor

Heath

Reaction score
I got some very shocking news from my medical doctor yesterday and had been privately wondering what else I can do next today. I had picked up a couple healthy cookbooks from the American Diabetic Association. I am pre-diabetic which means I am at high risk for delevoping diabetics. I do not have diabetics yet and I am gonna make some changes to my diet, excersice more and I have been pretty healthy my whole life and to hear that I am pre-diabetic is very shocking news today. What else can I do ?

Heath said:
I got some very shocking news from my medical doctor yesterday and had been privately wondering what else I can do next today. I had picked up a couple healthy cookbooks from the American Diabetic Association. I am pre-diabetic which means I am at high risk for delevoping diabetics. I do not have diabetics yet and I am gonna make some changes to my diet, excersice more and I have been pretty healthy my whole life and to hear that I am pre-diabetic is very shocking news today. What else can I do ?

Sorry to hear that, buddy.

Heath said:
... What else can I do ?
Follow your doctor's orders.

Proper diet and exercise are probably most important.

Reba said:
Follow your doctor's orders.

Proper diet and exercise are probably most important.

Hi Reba,

Yes , there must be something else more that I can do. I am not going to be content with minimum aumont of information when I have heard of and seen Deaf people with diabetics go blind slowly because they did not follow their doctor's instructions. At this point it can be reversed now so I am taking advantage of that opporounity that my doctor is offering to simply reverse diabetics by proper nutrition and excersice, plenty of sleep. I am also trying to research 100% natural alternatives to diabetics and will talk to my doctor about it some more.

Mookie said:
Sorry to hear that, buddy.

Thank you Mookie and at this point in time, it can be reversed if I follow the doctor's orders.

i agree with reba heath

both side of my family are diabetics
so we are careful what we eats and etc...

so just follow the doctor order i am pre diabete myself too cuz of both side of the family and also family history

Diabetics isn't fun..
Have to keep eye health come first..

I might have one in the future... by genes family while turns mid 40'ish!

Sorry Heath! Hopefully you'll be okay and as long keep track your health foods..
Don't make you feel bad about diabetic..

You can use look up the internet google and to see anything good health foods... would be great benefits for you.

I'm pre-diabetic also; in most cases, it doesn't mean alot right at this moment, but it's a sign that you need to make some changes or it may turn into diabetes in the future. I have no way of knowing, but if you're carrying around a few extra pounds the doctor will probably recommend losing weight; in a lot of cases that will clear up the condition and nothing more needs to be done. Pre-diabetic just means that your body can still process sugars/starches (so it's not diabetes), but it doesn't do it as well as it should. Cutting back on highly refined carbs (white bread, potatoes, white rice, sweets and other sugars) is also usually recommended. A low-carb diet, such as the currently popular South Beach Diet, seems to work well.

Good luck!

DeafInTX said:
I'm pre-diabetic also; in most cases, it doesn't mean alot right at this moment, but it's a sign that you need to make some changes or it may turn into diabetes in the future. I have no way of knowing, but if you're carrying around a few extra pounds the doctor will probably recommend losing weight; in a lot of cases that will clear up the condition and nothing more needs to be done. Pre-diabetic just means that your body can still process sugars/starches (so it's not diabetes), but it doesn't do it as well as it should. Cutting back on highly refined carbs (white bread, potatoes, white rice, sweets and other sugars) is also usually recommended. A low-carb diet, such as the currently popular South Beach Diet, seems to work well.

Good luck!

Yeah ? Thanks DeafinTx, My doctor recommended eating Weight Watchers and lose 100 lbs and cooking food from the American Diabetic Association cookbook and I got one more book from the library to take it a step further. Let me be right back with the book from Barnes and Nobles that is done by blood type for pre-diabetics, Type I and Type II diabetics.

Hey DeafinTx,

Okay here is the situation ..... I got the book from the local public library and I had a chance to look it up on Barnes Nobles. Here is a up close good look at the book. Very good book !!!!! :D

Diabetes: Fight It with the Blood Type Diet

Peter J. D'Adamo, With Catherine Whitney

FROM THE PUBLISHER
The Individualized Plan for Preventing and Treating Diabetes (Type I, Type II) and Pre-Diabetes-including Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)

America's fastest-growing health problem just got dealt a major blow. Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, the creator of the Blood Type Diet(r), which has forever changed the way people approach health and weight loss, now brings readers a targeted plan for fighting diabetes. This volume of Dr. D'Adamo's Health Library has specific tools not available in any other book, for preventing, treating, and reversing some of the many complications of diabetes.

Here is the book I am reading right now:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ISBN=0399151028&pdf=y

Another books by the same author .....

People who bought this book also bought:
• Blood Type O: Food, Beverage and Supplemental Lists Peter J. D'Adamo, With Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9780425183090
• Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer and Achieving Your Ideal Weight Peter J. D'Adamo, With Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9780399142550
• Blood Type A: Food, Beverage and Supplemental Lists Peter J. D'Adamo, With Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9780425183113
• Eat Right 4 Your Type: Complete Blood Type Encyclopedia Peter J. D'Adamo, Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9781573229203
• Live Right for Your Type: The Individualized Prescription for Maximizing Health, Well-Being and Vitality in Every Stage of Your Life Peter J. D'Adamo, With Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9780399146732
• Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type Peter J. D'Adamo, Catherine Whitney http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&pwb=1&ean=9780425173299

Heath said:

Oh yikes, follow what Doctor tell you to do, eat healthy, eat less of sugar and few things, excrise, thinking postive and have God by your side to support you. I hope everything will work out, if you are still not sure what to do then trying check few websites about that in the internet? :hug: I will pray for you to getting strong and avoid away from pre-diabetic.

Sweetheart said:
Oh yikes, follow what Doctor tell you to do, eat healthy, eat less of sugar and few things, excrise, thinking postive and have God by your side to support you. I hope everything will work out, if you are still not sure what to do then trying check few websites about that in the internet? :hug: I will pray for you to getting strong and avoid away from pre-diabetic.

Thank you Sweetheart :) :thumb:

Worry free and No Stress

If you can stop your anger and your waste of breath against gays and blacks, you will live longer.

:whistle:

Deaf Images said:
If you can stop your anger and your waste of breath against gays and blacks, you will live longer.

:whistle:

You clearly are not reading what I said ...... I said I do not hate gays blacks etc.

I just hate what they are trying to do to destroy America with the liberal establishment so that has been thrown out of the window. I am not angry or stressful like what you think. You sure have a very imaginative mind and give your mind a rest or you will get brain cancer. How silly is that ?

Brain cancer from worrying about me and the Right Wing Establishment who wants to restore America to its rightful state where we used to obey God and were blessed by God for over 200 years meanwhile you are illegally disobeying God and harming a nation which has been really blessed by God. :whistle:

p.s. this is :topic:

listen to the doctor.. most ppl don't listen.. so, hopefully u will follow up. Sorry to hear at least u got some warn and change around..

SherryCherish said:
listen to the doctor.. most ppl don't listen.. so, hopefully u will follow up. Sorry to hear at least u got some warn and change around..

Yes SherryCherish, I am listening to my doctor's orders and following up on this. He said soda is the worst because it can cause you to go blind as has been seen in the doucementary film " Supersize me ". He said to stay away from processed foods and stick with lean meat, fresh vegetables and fruits. I am taking it one step further by ordering the food organic ( no chemicals added in the fruits and vegetables and organic meat )

SherryCherish, Please check out this website about organic foods.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/

Back