School for the Deaf

do any of you who went to MSSD in the mid 90's know Jeff Ploederl?

Yeah Katzie! That' didn't work for me either.

Is that one of your old flames, bbnt?

Originally posted by Wolfboy
I got transfer to many times. At first I was in hearing school but when I move to a new home I got transfer to deaf school.(I was mainstream for some classes so I gotta walk across the building everyday) I gotta say I pretty much a loner cuz I dont know ASL. But they were nice to teach me. But after a few yrs I went back to hearin school for a couple yrs then transfer again to diffrent hearing school. The old hearing school was easy so they transfer me to a new one which they were damn strict as hell. But I work my way around.

transferred alot qq do i take it u are a military brat qq cuz alot of families with ppl in the military are often moving around from 1 base to another

I just went to the website and took me somewhere else, that website sure needs a fixing! :confused: :confused:

Indiana School f/t Deaf alumnus here.. graduated in 01'.. so far i see 2 alumnis from ISD :D

I will soon graduate class of 2003 from at California School the for Deaf, Fremont.

I haven't graduated just yet, in 2005 I will. Lucky to all of youse that have. heh. I want OUTTA here :-d
CJSHS- Hearing, mainstreamed.

Yes, I had registered at DeafGeneration.com, but haven't been there in a while.

I went to a Deaf satellite preschool when I was 18 months old. Then attended two different public schools when I was in kindergarten and first grade. Then I attended North Carolina School for the Deaf when I was in second grade. Then I was taken back to the public school during the second semester of 5th grade. Then I returned to North Carolina School for the Deaf when I was in 6th grade. Stayed at NCSD until I was in 11th grade, I began having eyesight problems. Then I was transferred to the Governor Morehead School for the Blind. Several months after the transfer, my eyesight somewhat regained after my last eye operation. Finally, I was transferred back to the North Caorlina School the Deaf to complete my senior year there and graduated in 1995.

I like North Carolina School for the Deaf and Governor Morehead School for the Blind better than two public schools where I used to attend.

NCSD is my alma mater and I'm proud to be a NCSD alumni!

Last edited:
My Dad left RISD when he was 17 to work full time to support his Mom and Dad. I graduated in 1977 RISD. I have been in RISD since I was 3 years old. I already tried of RISD. :D Thanks God, my two children are hearing. It would be not third generation at RISD. ;)

class of 1989
Now I don't feel that old...I was in 3rd grade for '88-'89 school year....Hey Fly Free were you at MSSD for Deaf President Now?
I sometimes wish I'd gone to a school for the deaf..seems like there's an emotional connection with deaf schools that hearing schools don't have.

Originally posted by deafdyke
Now I don't feel that old...I was in 3rd grade for '88-'89 school year....Hey Fly Free were you at MSSD for Deaf President Now?
I sometimes wish I'd gone to a school for the deaf..seems like there's an emotional connection with deaf schools that hearing schools don't have.

yep yep sure was there during DPN week -- unfortunately ive missed the 10 year anniversary of the DPN protests back in 1999 *hissing*

yes there is an emotional connection with deaf schools and for those who went to their schools

Back