Say No To Plastic Bags!

So if plastic bags are going to be banned, then...what about other stuff made of plastic? They can be dangerous to the environment too.

Mistake by throw plastic away outside, easy n' natural cause from the windy blow it away. Ha, how mighty! It might kill other animal as well. Paper don't.

Plastic bags can be reuse for small trash or carrying stuff, it's recyclable as well.

Good thread!!!

I support environment-friendly fully... We use cotton bags and basket instead of plastic bag for shopping... but...but... we do use plastic bag for clean cat's litter box and trash bin.

I use plastic bags for trash. Why does that presentation include a study from more than 30 years ago?

I use plastic bags for trash. Why does that presentation include a study from more than 30 years ago?

Where is the 30 year old study? Bet that the plastic bags used to trash stuff in landfills will still be there 30 years from now. Babies also suffocate on them. :shock:

I have bags that fold into their own little bag and have a clip on them to attach to my purse so I don't need the store bags. I just have them pack the reusable ones I take along.

Where is the 30 year old study? Bet that the plastic bags used to trash stuff in landfills will still be there 30 years from now. Babies also suffocate on them. :shock:

Slide 5 of 36. "A study in 1975 . . ."

Plastic bags do not only come from the grocery store. Plastic bags are also trash bags. If they make huge paper bags for my garbage cans, I'll use them. Until then, I'll be GLAD.

Slide 5 of 36. "A study in 1975 . . ."

Plastic bags do not only come from the grocery store. Plastic bags are also trash bags. If they make huge paper bags for my garbage cans, I'll use them. Until then, I'll be GLAD.

I wonder how much they dump into the oceans now. I guess it's still a lot because there's still plastic in the oceans like here. The ocean current is trapping the trash in the middle of the ocean so it piles up there. The plastic is breaking down in the sunlight into little pieces that animals eat. A lot of it float in from the coasts. This article says it's twice the size of Texas and is continuing to grow. :eek:

they should make plastic bag biodegradable

^^ Exactly, but lately the bags here in Oz have been very 'delicate' that when you place very few items in it, they go straight through the bottom of the bags onto the floor. Uh oh! and it's embarrassing. :Oops:

they should make plastic bag biodegradable

I absolutely agree with you.

I have realized that the plastic bags are nuisance although I have used them to collect garbage, cat litter and plastic & glass bottles and jars (for recycling).

Eek poor animals! :( I think turtle like eating Jellyfish so probably thought its plastic look alike Jellyfish too :(

Last edited:
I agree! Plastic bags need BANNED!!!!!! My husband really hate use plastic bags. The brown bag need to save the environment. They need to stop make a paper bag. My husband and I both agree to have "Reusable bag"
I have 4 of them and one alcohol reusable bag. I need to buy 2 more. It cost 99 cent each. It's cheap!
This is Earth Reusable Bag
2s0ersp.jpg

Plastic bags can be reuse for small trash or carrying stuff, it's recyclable as well.

Exactly, That what my husband showed me of plastic bag material to make a Reusable Bag. But Plastic bags need banned. How about clothes put in plastic bag? I think it's good question.

Yes, I do care for environment. When my mom was here and going to Food Store. we were at the Cashier and stand near my mom. one Man did pack the thing in the plastic bags for us, but he took each the plastic bags. She was like shock... and told me. It is NOT environment. No no no!!!! i use the plastic bag for my bathroom trash. I know, we used the (no plastic) bag or box in Germany. I always left my box in my trunk car. by the Whoole Food used a papers bag, that is nice.
really, i always very disappoint about government from America.

Yeah it is sad and there is some good progress in some areas that are banning plastic bags which is good start and others need to work on following that.

Unfortunately, American governments and some others are showing carelessness about environment impact that are hurting everyone and animals around the planet. I hope they get to straighten up and at least try to work hard being conservative on the environment as it's not too late to save the planet. Some few animals became extinct because of this and global warming too. The government are too slow to act or as their usual excuse "not a priority blah blah.

The irony is that the plastic bag was created as a substitute for the old brown paper bags because plastic bags were more environmentally friendly! People were whining and crying about all the trees that had to be cut down to make paper bags, so the environmentalists forced the stores to switch to plastic bags. :lol:

Back