Save your budget for living van?.. Ugh

$1k per month for apartment? There is a lot own house for only $700-$900 a monthly for single house.

$450 per month for repairs? Never will happen for everyone unless got drunk and break around the house.

Food $200 for house and $132 for van without refrigeration. More like junk food and risk his health.

Cell $70 for house and cell phone $37 for van? It dont make sense to me!

Zero for clothes/household appliances? He must be stink.

Apartments here in MD range from $1,000 to $1,700 a month. For decent ones. It is crazy!

I wonder if it would be cheaper living in my travel trailer than in my house. Maybe rent my house out and live in our TT for a few years to save money for a big down payment on a bigger home. lol

Depending on where and I am planning to do that when I retire. Not 100% sure. I'm kinda of tired of living in same spot for years and missed moving around. I lived in same spot for years twice already. Oh well, anyway some place charge cheap, while other overpriced. And what kind of hook ups you want. The less, the cheaper it is.

Nice thing about living in RV is you can move anytime you want to without hassles of packing up the whole apartment, or worse whole house.!

I wonder if it would be cheaper living in my travel trailer than in my house. Maybe rent my house out and live in our TT for a few years to save money for a big down payment on a bigger home. lol

I saw a homeless woman at a public woman bathroom taking a sponge bath . She has her clothes on but she was washing under her arms and trying to clean her hair too. She was using the handicap toilet to changer her clothes etc. It was sad to see, she was a young woman and I wondered how she ended up living on the streets.
Yes, that is sad. :(

Depending on where and I am planning to do that when I retire. Not 100% sure. I'm kinda of tired of living in same spot for years and missed moving around. I lived in same spot for years twice already. Oh well, anyway some place charge cheap, while other overpriced. And what kind of hook ups you want. The less, the cheaper it is.

Nice thing about living in RV is you can move anytime you want to without hassles of packing up the whole apartment, or worse whole house.!

I moved EVERY year here in MD from 1999 to 2007. That's 8 different apts that I lived in before buying my house in 2007. I am done with moving for a long long while. Even packing up for our camping trips is a big turn off for me and I wish someone else would do it. lol

... Even packing up for our camping trips is a big turn off for me and I wish someone else would do it. lol
I agree! I enjoy camping but I hate the packing, unpacking, and then cleaning up all the stuff and putting it away again. A vacation shouldn't be so much work! :lol:

I remember this lady that I caught shaving her legs at the bathroom sink where I worked years ago....:shock:...she laughed...and said she had no place to live and was sleeping under the pier at the Beach and hitch-hiking to work every evening...She has just been hired about a week or so....and some people that did live at the Beach would give her rides to work when they saw her thumbing on the road.....She also was washing out some panties in the sink too...and showered at the YMCA, right down the street or used the showers at the Beach.....

She was a good employee tho'...:lol:...she saved enough $$ to get a room at the YMCA.

won't your medical issue prevent you from being mobile all the time?

Even packing up for our camping trips is a big turn off for me and I wish someone else would do it. lol

oh? it's a fun part for me but.... the unpacking part is :thumbd:

I moved EVERY year here in MD from 1999 to 2007. That's 8 different apts that I lived in before buying my house in 2007. I am done with moving for a long long while. Even packing up for our camping trips is a big turn off for me and I wish someone else would do it. lol

Most of my moves have not been very close together time wise.

The most frustrating more I made was from one apt. to another in houses next door to each other that had both been converted into two apts. each. They are close enough together that you can talk from one to the other if windows are open in both. But . . . . it was a lot of stair climbing from upstairs in one to upstairs in the other. I so wished there was a way to have a bridge between the two!

The easiest one work wise was when I moved from upstairs to downstairs in the same building. The one I came out of was even directly above the one I went into! I did get some volunteer help for the move and with them being the same floor plan (except for the entry and the stairs going upstairs — each apt. in that 8 unit bldg. has an outside door) was able to tell people to put things in the same place downstairs. For one of the closets hanging garments were on a pole that two guys were able to each take an end of and take those things downstairs that way. The kitchen cabinets are stock mfg. cabinets and I took the full drawers out upstairs and exchanged them with the empty ones from downstairs. I was even able to have my moving company exchange the refrigerators as the bldg. is owned by the company I worked for and I have a very, very minor share in it.

I think I finished moving in 1989 when I bought this house. But even then there is a story. My mother had moved in with one of her sisters and one of their bothers at the time her sister broke a hip. Mother turned out to be the last one in the house that had grown from 3 to 9 rooms and an attic that you can stand upright in part of as well as a cellar under part of it as my grandparents had 7 kids. At the time I was about to buy this 2 bedroom house mother got sick with what turned out to be her last illness. As it turned out in a week and one day I went from no houses to two houses! I think it is needless to say I kept the 2 bedroom and sold the big one.

I agree! I enjoy camping but I hate the packing, unpacking, and then cleaning up all the stuff and putting it away again. A vacation shouldn't be so much work! :lol:

But just think even if you make overnight stops in more than one place with the camper you only have to load & unload once! No hauling bags in and out multiple times.

oh? it's a fun part for me but.... the unpacking part is :thumbd:

Before I moved to MD, I loved packing and even unpacking wasn't too bad. just moving around too often changed that for me.

Before I moved to MD, I loved packing and even unpacking wasn't too bad. just moving around too often changed that for me.

oh no no. that's packing/unpacking for moving. I thought we're talking about packing/unpacking for vacation :lol:

oh no no. that's packing/unpacking for moving. I thought we're talking about packing/unpacking for vacation :lol:

The packing and unpacking for moving made me so turned off about packing and unpacking for vacations. I just hate it but I do it.

People can live at the public park in my city. I have seen a van fixed up like a camper and parked at parked for a few weeks . People can go one of the churches to use their bathroom during the day. You get can't get any cheaper than that for rent.

i went away in VW many years ago when single,i found it most uncomfortable and cold

Think I'd much rather live on a house boat....gotta have all the bells and whistles tho'....

But just think even if you make overnight stops in more than one place with the camper you only have to load & unload once! No hauling bags in and out multiple times.
We don't have a camper; we have tents. We have to set up and take down a tent each time.

Yea, that's our plan when we retire. Live out of a RV.

Back