Save your budget for living van?.. Ugh

The worst campground was indeed private. They don't really take good care of the place. Sad!

yup. I've read many bad reviews or mixed results about it. I can't remember the last time I've been to private campground. :hmm:

Have you been in public campground before? They aren't any different than private ones. :dunno: Been there many times both private and public.

Seriously, I was at NYS campground last year and took the shower, man! THE BEST one I ever took. Nice hot and pours like Niagara falls. And it owns and operates by New York State and yeah it is public.
We like to use state park camp grounds when traveling. National parks are usually more crowded. Private ones seem to cost the most. Our favorite near-by campsite is for military only. Some retirees live there permanently. It has hook ups and decent bathrooms, and we pitch our tent at the edge of the lake. We like the waterfront view. :)

Now that I think about it, we lived in two mobile homes. One when I was on active duty, and we were on the waiting list for base housing, and the other was when we first moved to SC and were waiting for our house to be ready for move in.

Spelled "Corps" but pronounced "Core."

Understandable. :)

Our mobile homes were rentals and not really "mobile."

We did live in military family housing once that was officially categorized "inadequate." It was left over from WWII. It was so bad that we didn't even use our entire housing allowance for it.

It was about 500 sq. ft., two bedrooms, one room that was supposed to be the kitchen and living room, and a 3/4 bathroom. There was no tub, just a pre-fab metal shower stall. No kitchen cabinets. Just a sink with some storage underneath, a mini-stove, and a large bookcase to be used for a pantry. No counters. Just use the little table for everything.

There was no AC unless we bought one for the window (this was in Pensacola, FL). The so-called master bedroom had a closet that was also the living room coat closet, depending on how we slid the doors (it was the same closet that opened to both rooms.) If you've ever seen the old TV show Green Acres, you'd know what my closet was like. :lol:

I can't remember all the dates involved. Clive did serve in WW II and Joy met him while he was serving at Scott Air Force Base. We have a movie from when we were living in Twin Falls, ID in 1945 or '46 and we went out to what was known as "Balanced Rock" and the movie of him coming down from there in uniform makes it hard too see him until he moves. I was just 3-4 years old at the time and am not sure what I remember and what is from seeing movies. We wound up coming back to Illinois in 1947 when they started to get new cars to sell again (my dad was too young for WW I and too old for WW II). With those memories you can tell a good deal of their service was in pre air conditioning days.

You need request Class A Driver License for over 40 length RV expect Class C DL.

You said "You need request Class A Driver License over 40 length RV expect Class C DL"

and Link for CA said.

CA No CDL
"Motor homes over 40' but not longer than 45' require non-commercial Class B."

So non-commercial mean NON-CDL. Not CDL.

Jiro live in NJ and he don't need non-CDL or CDL.

RGN-truck.jpg

This is for CDL A for towed 10k pounds or more

You said "You need request Class A Driver License over 40 length RV expect Class C DL"

and Link for CA said.

CA No CDL
"Motor homes over 40' but not longer than 45' require non-commercial Class B."

So non-commercial mean NON-CDL. Not CDL.

This is for CDL A for towed 10k pounds or more

attachment.php

Attachments

• class A.JPG
    class A.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 26
Back