Sarah Palin Quits

Start on January 20 . . . February 20 (one month) . . . March (two months) . . . April (three months) . . . May (four months) . . . June (five months) . . . I counted five months, just under six months. Where do you get seven months from? How do you count?

I means almost 6 month, just 15 days to left to turn into 6th month.

Are you really try to judge my knowledge and you don't have rights to judge my knowledge since everyone make mistake, even you too. You aren't professional writer.

You are just try to find any excuse to blame on Obama and that's your problem, not ours.

And you still think Palin would be a great president for this country when she is NOT capable of completing her term as a governor?!

36_12_6.gif

1. Clinton did not get impeached for being caught with his pants down. He got impeached for perjuring himself in a sexual harassment lawsuit. He lied about it under oath. If you or I did that, we would be charged with a felony and face prison time.
I'm afraid you're being too literal. Perhaps I should have said he got caught lying instead so people wouldn't take it literally.
2.There's a difference between lying about something and being wrong. If Bush lied, that meant Clinton lied, many prominent Democrats lied, and all 15 nations on the UN security council lied.
I think that Bush lied and his lies were much more serious than Clintion's lies and he wasn't simply wrong.

However I'm not going to accuse anyone else of lying till I have my facts in. I have no doubt that some democrats are capable of lying on important matters though.

By the way, did you notice I was defending a Democrat against crazy impeachment talk?

Yes. I was being sarcastic toward the Republicans - not you. Perhaps I should have made it clearer toward you.

And you still think Palin would be a great president for this country when she is NOT capable of completing her term as a governor?!

36_12_6.gif

I most certainlu do NOT think she would be great for this country, but I'm not sure she stepped down due to being inept.

But, to answer the question...

From what I've read in this thread, it certainly doesn't sound like she was qualified to be governor of a state; much less President of this country!

Palin as President? Not happening, IMO. As for Obama, he's only been in office a short time. Nothing happens overnight in politics. When has it ever? Patience, people.

So if I understand you right, she fell for a prank phone call, therefore we should hate her. That's just weak.

I think it's best to avoid hate for anyone. You can disagree with a person or even dislike them, but to downright hate someone only leads to irrationality.

Are you for real! I thought the phone call was VERY FUNNY! I do not like Sarah for a number of reasons! and I have posted it already ready! The video show she talking about hunting from a helicopter. The pranker said he never hunted from a helicopter before and Sarah said it would fun to go together! The woman want to wipe the wolves off her state and that one reason I hate her ! She also want to bring the women movement back to the dark age! How dare Sarah tell a rape victim she has to have the rapist baby if she get pregnant! Who TF does she think she is! Sarah is a dangerous derange person IMO! Darkdog you mean to tell me it is irrational for
a Jewish person to hate Hitler! I think you out your of God damn mind! I hate
Hitler and hope he is rotting in HELL! This what I mean by the people that follow Sarah Palin are braindead! How dare you either try to tell I should not hate a man that killed over 6 millions of my people! My uncle was a FBI man and went after anyone that worked with Hitler! For this I very proud of my uncle!

Quote your sources, wdys, please. We don't plagiarize other peoples' work. Deaf culture needs to understand this.

The words used in this article are a dead giveaway they're from an article. I know you didn't write the vast majority of it, so you need to quote your source. If you won't do it, then don't quote anyone.

Oh wow, did you figure that out yourself, Einstein? I think it was pretty obvious to everyone by the QUOTATION MARKS that the article was a cut and paste. You're just throwing in a red herring here and avoiding addressing the actual words from the article. There is a big difference between not quoting sources in an official document or academic paper and an online bulletin board. And of course, you manage to throw in a cheap shot at Deaf culture along the way. No surprise there.

I noticed those weblinks, too, Reba and I've got your back on this one! Opinion doesn't make it fact. Tell me deaf people are this out of the loop that they can't use critical thinking skills to think with? Oh, wait . . . that's against deaf culture, I forgot. Silly me.

Yes, judging ALL of Deaf culture and all d/Deaf people based on a couple posts in this thread clearly demonstrates your superior critical reasoning and intellectual ability.

It does? Where and how? Talk about stumps . . . :D

It's called a "slant rhyme." The assonance of the two words rhymes while the consonance does not. As someone who claims to be a professional writer, this should be quite obvious to you.

So, would you like to pick out any other ridiculous non-issues and belittle people's intelligence while trying to make yourself look holier than thou? I'd be happy to point it out to you every single time.

Originally Posted by pek1
The words used in this article are a dead giveaway they're from an article. I know you didn't write the vast majority of it, so you need to quote your source. If you won't do it, then don't quote anyone.

Oh wow, did you figure that out yourself, Einstein? I think it was pretty obvious to everyone by the QUOTATION MARKS that the article was a cut and paste.

Actually, he does need to provide a source or link. It has been an ongoing issue here on this board, especially in the deaf interests section. Read Alex's(the owner of this board) rules regarding this, especially rule #11. Pek was absolutely entitled ask wdys for a source -- ask any mod about this -- and I'd be interested in knowing that source of that article, as well. Don't look for something to nitpick because you can't find anything better to nitpick.

I understand the importance of citing sources, using proper documentation, etc. In fact, as a writing instructor at a major public university, I probably understand that more than most people. But in the context above, these things were far less of an issue than Pek1 making blanket statements about Deaf culture not having critical thinking skills or that all deaf people don't understand the need to provide citations. If you'll re-read my post, you'll see that I was addressing Pek's snide remarks towards Deaf culture more than the issue of citation. I didn't say it was okay to not provide a source, but I did try to downplay the importance of that in light of the mean-spirited remarks he made, so sorry if that that wasn't clear.

Funny that you would point out that one little part of my post and ignore all the other things in it, then call ME the nitpicker.

(BTW, while WDYS didn't cite everything in the post, s/he did provide a source for the very long article from the Fish and Game service.)

Actually, he does need to provide a source or link. It has been an ongoing issue here on this board, especially in the deaf interests section. Read Alex's(the owner of this board) rules regarding this, especially rule #11. Pek was absolutely entitled ask wdys for a source -- ask any mod about this -- and I'd be interested in knowing that source of that article, as well. Don't look for something to nitpick because you can't find anything else to nitpick.

Palin's not rich. Yet.
She is free to earn 50,000 or more per speech.
Nice start.

Actually, he does need to provide a source or link. It has been an ongoing issue here on this board, especially in the deaf interests section. Read Alex's(the owner of this board) rules regarding this, especially rule #11. Pek was absolutely entitled ask wdys for a source -- ask any mod about this -- and I'd be interested in knowing that source of that article, as well. Don't look for something to nitpick because you can't find anything better to nitpick.

Thanks for having my back on that, AlleyCat.

36_12_6.gif

Many politicians have left their offices early to run for a higher office. In addition, most if not all of those in office run for reelection while on taxpayer money. Funny thing about this is that you and I can't go out on job interviews or send resumes while we're at work, but politicians can.

This morning, I turned TV's power on. I missed part of story about waste million dollars, sex scandal and Troopers union complain (against Sarah).

Media will keep dig on Sarah Palin.
Last word - they said "personal surprise or scandal"

I'm afraid you're being too literal. Perhaps I should have said he got caught lying instead so people wouldn't take it literally.

I think that Bush lied and his lies were much more serious than Clintion's lies and he wasn't simply wrong.

However I'm not going to accuse anyone else of lying till I have my facts in. I have no doubt that some democrats are capable of lying on important matters though.

Yes. I was being sarcastic toward the Republicans - not you. Perhaps I should have made it clearer toward you.

This is not about Bill Clinton! He is finish is term as president!

Back