Rude Taxi Drivers or Cab company cusomer services

racheleggert

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has bad experince with taxi drivers or cab company?

I've only been in two of them. Both of them weren't bad experiences for me. The first one cost me $20 just to get from the airport to school. The second one cost $110 to get from Buffalo to Rochester. Eek!

Living in Newark, I have had my share of experiences of riding with taxi cabs in Newark and NYC.

First of all, some of them would try to rip you off by setting an exorbiant price for the destination. A regular fare from Penn Station in Newark to my college would be like 2,50$ but I give them five dollars each time. Sometimes they would tell me in advance that it is 10 dollars or whatever, so I just walk to other taxi. In Newark Airport, there is a law where there is a flat rate of 10$ or 15$ (I forgot how much), from the airport to downtown Newark. Same goes for New York City as well. If they try to charge you over that, then you have the right to complain.

I have had a few experiences with questionable taxi drivers. One guy asked me if I could let him take his sisters somewhere first (they looked like hookers), so I said no thank you, you go ahead. Anyway, I was thrown out of a taxi once before, because he felt that I was trying to tell him where to go, etc... whereas he wanted to go on his own route, a longer way. I said you are going the long way, go this way! So he stopped and told me to get out.

Yes, I had alot of experiences riding in a cab.....My sister and I rode in a cab to and from high school during the school days....We didn't like a few cab drivers some would smoke while theyre driving.. some would be talking dirty to us and we were only high school students...of course, our parents did not believe us....but I am glad those days are over with :).....

I haven't rode in a cab since then......

Yea, I've rode in cabs before...while I was in middle school from deaf school, you know students go home for spring break, xmas break, etc so I got off from the school bus...Anyway...I know the way -- route to get home. For the first time, cab driver drove to long way which I knew there's other way -- shortcut I was like :confused: Is he try to rip me off and earn more money from me but I didn't say nothing about that. But 2nd time, I wrote down on paper to let cab driver I will tell him where to go so I showed him where -- shortcut NOT long way sheesh! :roll:

right Angel, We were going to school with a smelling of smoke on our clothes due from smoking in the cab by the driver dont forget the pine freasher too that hanging on their mirror its like We smell like Men the whole school Year. One driver was even creeper when he kept talking to himself and yelling at himself its like I think we got into the wrong cab.

Sometime I ride on the wheelchair cabs (Airport Taxi) in case of snow is on ground over 8 inches. cuz of bus cannot operate the lift when the snow over 8 inches.. 20 dollars round trip not bad fare :)

Only thing I can complain about taxis is they charge an ARM and a LEG to go somewhere for short distances. I cant stand to watch the meter go *ding dong* every 1/4 mile adding to the total.

But then I haven't ridden taxis since '93 when I got back to Knoxville from California.

kuifje75 said:
Living in Newark, I have had my share of experiences of riding with taxi cabs in Newark and NYC.

First of all, some of them would try to rip you off by setting an exorbiant price for the destination. A regular fare from Penn Station in Newark to my college would be like 2,50$ but I give them five dollars each time. Sometimes they would tell me in advance that it is 10 dollars or whatever, so I just walk to other taxi. In Newark Airport, there is a law where there is a flat rate of 10$ or 15$ (I forgot how much), from the airport to downtown Newark. Same goes for New York City as well. If they try to charge you over that, then you have the right to complain.

I have had a few experiences with questionable taxi drivers. One guy asked me if I could let him take his sisters somewhere first (they looked like hookers), so I said no thank you, you go ahead. Anyway, I was thrown out of a taxi once before, because he felt that I was trying to tell him where to go, etc... whereas he wanted to go on his own route, a longer way. I said you are going the long way, go this way! So he stopped and told me to get out.

Yeah, one did threaten to kick me out of his taxi because I knew a very SHORT route to my destiny and he was attempting to use the LONG way which I objected to. I was sharp and determined to have him use the shorter route and kept my foot down on it, so he gave in and drove the way I wanted him to go, :giggle:.

The majority of taxi rides I've taken were quite nice and didn't overcharge me at all. ;)

Hahahahah! I've had an experience with what I call "Taxi Driver from Hell" who took me to the wrong airport!

Richard

I will never ride a cab again, period. Here's why...

1. One time we all decided to share a ride to the airport from RIT and next thing we found out... the driver charged us 15 dollars EACH person! We fought with the guy because we never expected each person to be charged. We ended up paying anyway with NO tip.

2. Another time we made a >>GROUP<< reservation for four people. Yes, I said GROUP... how clear can I be? So the next day the cab came up to Tower A at NTID at the wee hour to catch early flight out. Geez, four of us were standing outside of the taxi along with three other students who were NOT in our group who were assigned to ride with us. Total of seven people were booked for a taxi. Big mess and we were nearly late for our plane.

3. Once when I got back to RIT from a break, the driver got pulled over by a sheriff for going too fast. Wasted 30 minutes of my time and driver refused to give me discount for an inconvience.

4. Again, once I got a really really really RUDE driver one morning. He was late, I had to call the taxi company twice. The relay operator told me that guy at the company sounded extremely rude. When the cab finally showed up, he drove on a long and weird route to the airport causing fare to increase beyond reasonable fee... something like 21 dollars. During the ride, he lit his cigarette. I was like WTF?!

5. At last, between 15 to 20 dollars from RIT to the airport... give me a break!

No more taxi for me for rest of my life. I mostly find someone who is nice enough to drive me to the airport.

Btw, why is this in ADA forum? This has nothing to do with ADA... does it?

Last edited:
Honestly, I never rode in a cab before in my life so Thanks for warning me :D

Back