Restraining Order rules?

damienmommy

Reaction score
Hey, I have an question about restraining order.. Not for me but for my friend. A woman put restraining order on him, and then if a guy showed up at bar, or somewhere first then woman showed up and then guy have to leave? Or a woman have to leave cuz guy were there first place, right?

I think if guy arrive a place first before woman then woman have to leave. She can't kick guy out and be there because it's not her place, that's made sense to me. I tried to research anywhere on internet, seems I can't find that rules. Anyone know about rules or experienced? Let me know, and also, can you help to find a site for that rule about who show up first and then which one should leave. Thanks.

Hey, I have an question about restraining order.. Not for me but for my friend. A woman put restraining order on him, and then if a guy showed up at bar, or somewhere first then woman showed up and then guy have to leave? Or a woman have to leave cuz guy were there first place, right?

I think if guy arrive a place first before woman then woman have to leave. She can't kick guy out and be there because it's not her place, that's made sense to me. I tried to research anywhere on internet, seems I can't find that rules. Anyone know about rules or experienced? Let me know, and also, can you help to find a site for that rule about who show up first and then which one should leave. Thanks.
I have been on restraining order before - in high school - long story.

The first person, either side, who was there first, stays - the second has to leave. End of story.

Otherwise, if the guy was there as a regular attendee at the bar, the woman might have to reconsider changing different bar.

I have been on restraining order before - in high school - long story.

The first person, either side, who was there first, stays - the second has to leave. End of story.

Otherwise, if the guy was there as a regular attendee at the bar, the woman might have to reconsider changing different bar.

Yes I agrees. But he rather to see some site because he don't want to take risk. Oh well. Also, both always go to same bar cuz it's deaf events.

Yes I agrees. But he rather to see some site because he don't want to take risk. Oh well. Also, both always go to same bar cuz it's deaf events.
That is a very tricky question - both are deaf right? Is there a restraining order in feet? Such as the guy needs to stay at least 3 feet away from the guy? No?

you can consult this with a police officer or lawyer. Your friend who got a restraining order should have been informed about the procedures.

you can consult this with a police officer or lawyer. Your friend who got a restraining order should have been informed about the procedures.
I think the friend was informed about the procedures but didn't get it all though together.

I think the friend was informed about the procedures but didn't get it all though together.

then call the number on the restraining order paperwork to ask for more information. or call the police officer or lawyer.

then call the number on the restraining order paperwork to ask for more information. or call the police officer or lawyer.
Yeah, call them and demand for more information - questions doesn't hurt.

I helped a friend obtain a restraining order against a fella.. about a couple weeks ago :)

The judge flat out told me that if he was at a store FIRST, he is still obligated to leave the building even if she shows up later :) nice eh?

I helped a friend obtain a restraining order against a fella.. about a couple weeks ago :)

The judge flat out told me that if he was at a store FIRST, he is still obligated to leave the building even if she shows up later :) nice eh?

what? Means a guy show up first, and then he has to leave if a girl show up later? That's not fair to me.

what? Means a guy show up first, and then he has to leave if a girl show up later? That's not fair to me.

Usually, the guy (or gal) has a restraining order AGAINST him for a reason...

I don't really care if life is fair for the person, he should have thought twice before deserving the RO :)

Usually, the guy (or gal) has a restraining order AGAINST him for a reason...

I don't really care if life is fair for the person, he should have thought twice before deserving the RO :)

No, I think guy might will win against her. That girl went jail before and broken RO's once..etc she's pissed off at him so put RO on him so he can stop text her that's all. Then made up stories about him I guess.

No, I think guy might will win against her. That girl went jail before and broken RO's once..etc she's pissed off at him so put RO on him so he can stop text her that's all. Then made up stories about him I guess.

Hm, usually the judge does not pass out ROs like it's candy.. so if he is innocent, he shouldn't have anything to worry about?

I rather seeing the link and save the proof document with you. Or get a document from the police station. In case if something has happen again. then if someone approach you then show it to them.

everyone seem to get confused with the law. It's wise to have a proof in front of you and give us some peace of mind.

If he been there long enough, he doesn't need to stay much longer :) It's her turn. That's what I think.

also, if he is in restraining order because of abuse. I would think his drinking would make it worst so he should call it a night and leave.

If he's already at the bar, then she can't do anything to him.

What if it's his place of employment?

Back