Report: S.C. governor says he was in Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree daredevel, but conservatives would never admit the truth

The "missing" is more troublesome than the "affair".

I thought the Republicans were the party of Family Values & Physical responsibility,Mark Sanford??
Don't kill babies, but cheat on your wife and kids, hell don't even call your kids on Fathers day!!

you thought wrong shel.

Being sarcastic, HA.

Frankly, I've never thought any politician's private life was any of our business, including the media. It's only when they start lying to us or to a court (as Bill Clinton did) then it becomes a larger issue. But just because he's dumb enough to have an affair doesn't mean the whole country needs to know about it. Let him and his family deal with the infidelity and the hurt that comes with it. Just my opinion.

Well, Hear Again, you should be proud to be liberal. :D Not for me. :P Hooary for me to be nasty conservative, and absoutely, the devil girl! :dance:

I hope I find my old survey paper about conservative vs liberal questions when I visited a college a few years ago. So I can share with ADers. I think you should give a try to make a survey for that. And then ask random people, and see what their responds are. You probably would be surprise. Who knows? It might be interesting! :)

I tried it once.

Frankly, I've never thought any politician's private life was any of our business, including the media. It's only when they start lying to us or to a court (as Bill Clinton did) then it becomes a larger issue. But just because he's dumb enough to have an affair doesn't mean the whole country needs to know about it. Let him and his family deal with the infidelity and the hurt that comes with it. Just my opinion.

That´s what I repeat say the same thing over any politician´s private life.

:roll:

i agree daredevel, but conservatives would never admit the truth
The most recent few marital affairs in politics have been done by conservatives. There you go. That's the truth and I don't know any conservative who would try to deny that.

There's no need to paint a large swath of the American public as dishonest just because their political philosophies line up with a few politicians who have affairs. We already see Reba, who is a Sanford supporter, denounce the governor in no uncertain terms.

Affairs in politics are not surprising... John Edwards, Eliot Spitzer, David Paterson, Rudy Guiliani, Bill Clinton, John Kennedy, Newt Gingrich, and the list goes on. It's not just one side or the other- it's politicians in general.

The most recent few marital affairs in politics have been done by conservatives. There you go. That's the truth and I don't know any conservative who would try to deny that.

There's no need to paint a large swath of the American public as dishonest just because their political philosophies line up with a few politicians who have affairs. We already see Reba, who is a Sanford supporter, denounce the governor in no uncertain terms.

Affairs in politics are not surprising... John Edwards, Eliot Spitzer, David Paterson, Rudy Guiliani, Bill Clinton, John Kennedy, Newt Gingrich, and the list goes on. It's not just one side or the other- it's politicians in general.

Yeah... that is why I always make of fun of stereotypes. Look at my signature. =/ I know conservatives did not very good job to let people know who we are since we are painted as a deep and nasty picture by various medias. Basically, conservatives are bad, bigots, evil, crazy, nutjobs, and racists as a "fact". Oh, well... =/

Yeah... that is why I always make of fun of stereotypes. Look at my signature. =/ I know conservatives did not very good job to let people know who we are since we are painted as a deep and nasty picture by various medias. Basically, conservatives are bad, bigots, evil, crazy, nutjobs, and racists as a "fact". Oh, well... =/
People who embrace such stereotypes either fail to understand conservatives' reasoning, are blinded by hate, or both. It seems to come from this faulty logic that "Conservatives oppose this policy intended to help <insert downtrodden group here>, ergo conservatives hate <downtrodden group>."

I don't think we on the right should be eager to apply similar stereotypes to our opponents either. For the most part, it all comes down to people who want the best for society but differ in assumptions about human nature and society. Those differences lead to differing prescriptions for what ails society. Thus, opposing ideologies are born. There are exceptions, such as politicians who promise the impossible to get reelected and special interest groups who put their own cause above the needs of society as a whole.

Social ideologies are are a direct extension of personal values and ideologies. One's theoretical leanings begin internally, and are reflective of personal ideals and perspective.

It all boiled down to this, we are all human and we all make stupid mistake, no matter what parties we belong to.

It remind me of this quote:

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

It all boiled down to this, we are all human and we all make stupid mistake, no matter what parties we belong to.

It remind me of this quote:

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Which could translate to: "Don't make family values and morality a part of your platform unless you are capable of upholding those values yourself."

Is it just me, or is there a ridiculous amount of extramarital affairs from conservatives compared to liberals?
Do you have statistics to back that up?

What about those of either party who haven't revealed their adulteries? Maybe they're just better at sneaking around. :dunno:

Do you have statistics to back that up?

What about those of either party who haven't revealed their adulteries? Maybe they're just better at sneaking around. :dunno:

Well, let's see. In the last week alone, we have had 2 repubs that were being groomed for the 2012 Presidential race caught with their pants down. Compared to 0 dems. John McCain has admitted to more than one affair. Then we have the Newt. And that will start the list off.

Well, let's see. In the last week alone, we have had 2 repubs that were being groomed for the 2012 Presidential race caught with their pants down. Compared to 0 dems. John McCain has admitted to more than one affair. Then we have the Newt. And that will start the list off.

2 repubs for 2012?? who?? I wasn't aware of this :eek3:

John Edwards, Bill Clinton, Teddy Kennedy, Jesse Jackson and Gary Hart were all presidential contenders who committed adultery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back