Rebound

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
there are some pple that they just broke up from a long relationship - how long should one wait till they are "ready" to go out........ my friends and I get in a long discussion about this..I was wondering what is your opinion on this....

I think at LEAST a few months - in other words, when the other person said oh my (ex's name) said or did this......or we went there blah blah

baggage is NOT cool unless you LEARN from it!!!!

That's hard to say. I'd rather take it easy and explore more before I get serious again. I'm still in college and probably won't get serious again until after I graduate, get a car, get a house/apartment, get a job, and get a steady income... then I'll consider getting serious.

That is no easy task! for some individual, few months is long enough. As for me, I would rather wait for a while and enjoy the little freedom whatever that is.

Oooh, well for me, it entirely depends on the severed relationship I have. Each ex is different for me. BUt if one is a dumpee (meaning, one has been DUMPED by the ex), i think s/he is free to go on rebounds but the dumpee shouldn't look for a serious relationship since, like you mentioned in your post, the emotional baggage is still there. I think the rebounded relationship is doomed to fail and then the dumpee has to go through the same process all over... so the dumpee needs more extended time to mediate and pack up the emotions and store it away! meanwhile the dumper- an entirely different story (but the same story for me every time... :Oops: )... the dumper can go into another serious relationship right after since the dumper is the one who is READY to move on.... ;)

being on the rebound is dangerous IMO -- personally should take a few months -- enjoy being single for a while

few months are better than few days/week. Give more time for re-adjustment.

I made mistakes in the past about rebound for only few days apart. Really bad. Then try again as few months. it's worked well.

I would wait a while.. cuz of the pains and heartaches after a break up takes a while.. to recovery.. But using soemone else as a rebound Is Wrong cuz that person would also get hurted after knowing u just using them to get over ur ex... I always make sure im really over my ex before start being serious with another guy... but dating is nothing dating is like friendship... so that wouldnt be a rebound.. more being like having fun... getting ur mind off of your ex....

Lasza said:
few months are better than few days/week. Give more time for re-adjustment.

I made mistakes in the past about rebound for only few days apart. Really bad. Then try again as few months. it's worked well.

:werd: Lasza -- ive been in that situation too :roll: learned a VERY hard lesson on my idiotcy *smh* at myself and i vowed i would never do that shit again

BabyPhat21 said:
baggage is NOT cool unless you LEARN from it!!!!

I agree with this quote 200%. I'm so tired of people talking to me about their past relationships. I'm like, move on already. I agree that I think it is a very good idea to have like 3 to 4 months of time to be calm and then ready for a new relationship. I suppose that if I were in a rebound relationship, I'm still thinking about what happened in my past relationship and I don't want to impose that on my new boyfriend. I'm always surprised wondering why people go into rebound relationships right after the end of their relationships.

Hello :bye: im still waiting for someone special in uk *twiddles the thumbs* im still single mum for 2 half years since broken up my 8 years reationship with a hearing guy.. so, to all uk guys, im available !! byeeee :|

Same here. I got out a serious relationship. What I did is take a break and take it easy and enjoy my life first before I got in another relationship. Some guys begged me to be date and go rush. But I pushed them away. I'd rather enjoy my life first.

Back