RavenSteve and NON-believers....

DeafSCUBA98 said:
so.. what did i do when i was 2 1/2 to sin myself to become deaf? how can i do something bad when i was at that age? i believe becoming deaf is not a SIN period
Good point. When Jesus healed the blind man (who was blind since birth), the people asked, whose sin caused the blindness, that man, or his parents.
Jesus told them, it was not the man's sin, not his parents' sin. The man was blind so that Jesus could heal him and prove that Jesus Himself was the Son of God. The man was blind, and healed, for the glory of God.

Obviously, when someone is born deaf, blind, weak heart, spina bifida, whatever, that baby did not do a sin. The sin nature in every physical body does influence our bodies. That means, our bodies are born not perfect but weak, and easy to become sick or damaged. That is how sin causes birth defects and disease.

The apostle Paul faithfully obeyed and served God. Paul had a physical problem, "a thorn in the flesh". He prayed three times to God to heal him. Then, Paul understood that it was not God's will to heal him. Then, Paul prayed for strength and grace to depend on God, and not focus on healing.

While serving God, Paul was attacked by people, stoned, shipwrecked, and wrongfully thrown into prison. But Paul never complained. He praised God.

God was not "punishing" Paul. Paul was God's wonderful servant. But bad things still happened to Paul because other people in the world were bad, and they hated Paul.

God did not say that it is wrong to ask for healing. But God did say we should always pray for other people first, and when we pray, to accept God's will no-matter His answer. God's answer will be:
1. yes, or
2. no, or
3. wait

God wants us to ask Him for help and healing. He also wants us to accept His answer.

Ravensteve, this is a message for you. I believe you have to accept your deafness, instead of wanting pity or something. In order to get cochlear implant, you have to accept deafness as part of your life. That was God's plan for you. and o yeah, didn't you say you were hard of hearing as a child. I can't believe you can't accept your deafness now since you were HOH as a child.

and o yeah, didn't you say you were hard of hearing as a child. I can't believe you can't accept your deafness now since you were HOH as a child.

Hey, hey, hey, easy there. He was hard of hearing more than deaf. Deaf and Hard of Hearing are different. It's not the same thing when you've been hearing speech well with hearing aids and hear the tv. A lot of people are like ravensteve1961 who become withdrawn and drepressed because that's the life they knew, and it's normal to go through that process before they begin to accept it. After all, we are here to help. Some Deaf people need to understand people like ravensteve instead of brush it off like a no-biggie because it wasn't for you. IMO, some deaf people are 'sheltered' or ignorant not knowing much about hard of hearing people or those who lose hearing suddenly.

TiaraPrincess said:
Hey, hey, hey, easy there. He was hard of hearing more than deaf. Deaf and Hard of Hearing are different. It's not the same thing when you've been hearing speech well with hearing aids and hear the tv. A lot of people are like ravensteve1961 who become withdrawn and drepressed because that's the life they knew, and it's normal to go through that process before they begin to accept it. After all, we are here to help. Some Deaf people need to understand people like ravensteve instead of brush it off like a no-biggie because it wasn't for you. IMO, some deaf people are 'sheltered' or ignorant not knowing much about hard of hearing people or those who lose hearing suddenly.

TiaraPrincess,

Why feel depressed if you can not hear? Being Deaf is not a bad thing at all, If you want to seek God's help, you can not be depressed or complain about your own Deafness, You have to have faith in believing that you will hear again or seek the things that are out there then sitting around feeling sorry for yourself there, isn't going to help you one bit....

There are thousands of people out there who are suffering with some kind of illness or diseases and the ones who believes and has faith in God knows that they will be heal again, they're not laying around being depressed or complaining about the pains they're going thru, they are fighting for their lives by believing that they will get better soon even if they don't get better now but they know they will in HIS time....They're the one who are suffering alot more then people who can't hear, see or walk, still they have not given up hopes or faith in God...so I don't see the point of being depressed if someone can not hear.... I'm Deaf myself and can not hear a thing, some people are lucky cause they can hear more than I could, but I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I can't hear and they can... I know God has plans for me out there and knowing there are things out there that can help me hear only if I seek for it with God's help....I'm not going to sit around feeling sorry for myself when I know in time I will hear again, that's what it takes to believing in something !!! :)

TiaraPrincess,

Why feel depressed if you can not hear? Being Deaf is not a bad thing at all, If you want to seek God's help, you can not be depressed or complain about your own Deafness, You have to have faith in believing that you will hear again or seek the things that are out there then sitting around feeling sorry for yourself there, isn't going to help you one bit....

There are thousands of people out there who are suffering with some kind of illness or diseases and the ones who believes and has faith in God knows that they will be heal again, they're not laying around being depressed or complaining about the pains they're going thru, they are fighting for their lives by believing that they will get better soon even if they don't get better now but they know they will in HIS time....They're the one who are suffering alot more then people who can't hear, see or walk, still they have not given up hopes or faith in God...so I don't see the point of being depressed if someone can not hear.... I'm Deaf myself and can not hear a thing, some people are lucky cause they can hear more than I could, but I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I can't hear and they can... I know God has plans for me out there and knowing there are things out there that can help me hear only if I seek for it with God's help....I'm not going to sit around feeling sorry for myself when I know in time I will hear again, that's what it takes to believing in something !!!

*sigh* Angel, this is not about me. I am explaining the psychological reaction of those that are unlike us who go through it fine. The psychological reaction of a deaf adult like you who was deafened as a child vs. Ravensteve who is an adult and very recent will be very different. A lot of Deaf people do not understand that it is a normal reaction when an adult suddenly loses hearing. I am not saying it's okay to complaing, but it's a normal reaction for adults who become deaf suddenly. RaventSteve has to find that acceptance. It hasn't been that long before he lost his hearing. I hope you understand what I meant better. If not, then I can't help you more unless you read magazines like SHHH or Hearing Journal which usually does not have Deaf people in it :angel: .

I'm sorry I didn't meant ' you ' as YOU personally, I meant it as general but never mind.....

Angel let me ask you this,,,Are you married? Do have trouble finding guys to date you when youre deaf? Im having same problem communication with perfectly hearing girls sometimes when they ask something and you didnt hear that correctly and you wind up guessing what she said. Thats a turn off for her. Thats one of my dreams i could never get accomplished in my life. I always wanted to be a father with 3 kids. But i keep getting rejected. I tryed to go out with a girl who even has mental illness but shes very pretty and cute. And she has a nice signing voice. But she can never comprohend with me i keep on trying but she keeps pushing me off. Now im a normal type of guy who wants to be around with her. But you really think a normal guy wants to go out with her the way she is? My brother says its her loss. Thats how society is. Society will judge you and if they dont like what they see you dont get it! Like anything else. If people try to get a job if the employer doesnt like what they see because if youre deaf,Black or purto rican you dont get that job.I like a law to make insurance companies to pay for cosmetic surgery so if we can all look beuatiful we might get things because if society likes it youre in. Now theres a commerical i saw yesterday it showed only white people allowed in church and theres a bouncer at the gate telling minories and gays to step aside. The caption says "Jesus never turned anyone away and nether do we". Thats how society is and theres not a damned thing we can do about it.

I seriously hope this isn't another heated CI thread that will eventually be locked.

If TiaraPrincess believes that God works through doctors, then that's what she wants to believe. If Angel believes God doesn't cure deafness, then that's what she wants to believe. The point here is, everyone has their own opinion, no one's right. If you disagree with the other member, that's ok but don't go about telling them that they're wrong or imply that you're right and that the member doesn't know what they're talking about. Maybe something along the line like "I respect your opinion, but I believe that..." is better to say than tell the person off and try to convincen them that they should look at it "your way."

Another thing, I don't think it's necessary to pull in another member to backup your claim. In this case, Meg was mentioned in this thread and was said something about her that she says isn't entirely true. This leads to more conflicts, and then the thread ends up getting locked. This isn't what we want, is it?

Ok enough with my preaching. I can understand how Raven feels about being deaf. When I was a teen there were times when I wish I was hearing for many reasons. But after a while I learned to be happy the way I am. In a way I believe God wanted me to be this way. Think about it this way, if I was hearing AllDeaf.com would've never existed.

Y'all have a nice weekend.

Alex said:
I can understand how Raven feels about being deaf. When I was a teen there were times when I wish I was hearing for many reasons. But after a while I learned to be happy the way I am. In a way I believe God wanted me to be this way. Think about it this way, if I was hearing AllDeaf.com would've never existed.

Y'all have a nice weekend.

Thats right. We would`nt be here if if we were all hearing people. But why does god pick me to be deaf? why cant god pick my brother to be deaf after all hes blasting his ears with listening to crappy Rock music like U2 ,Terror Squad and The Killers .

ravensteve1961 said:
why cant god pick my brother to be deaf after all hes blasting his ears with listening to crappy Rock music like U2 ,Terror Squad and The Killers .
God doesn't need to "pick" your brother to become deaf. If he keeps blasting that "music" into his ears, eventually he will become deaf (or at least very hard of hearing). Natural consequence of foolish behavior.

ravensteve1961 said:
Angel let me ask you this,,,Are you married? Do have trouble finding guys to date you when youre deaf? Im having same problem communication with perfectly hearing girls sometimes when they ask something and you didnt hear that correctly and you wind up guessing what she said. Thats a turn off for her. Thats one of my dreams i could never get accomplished in my life. I always wanted to be a father with 3 kids. But i keep getting rejected. I tryed to go out with a girl who even has mental illness but shes very pretty and cute. And she has a nice signing voice. But she can never comprohend with me i keep on trying but she keeps pushing me off. Now im a normal type of guy who wants to be around with her. But you really think a normal guy wants to go out with her the way she is? My brother says its her loss. Thats how society is. Society will judge you and if they dont like what they see you dont get it! Like anything else. If people try to get a job if the employer doesnt like what they see because if youre deaf,Black or purto rican you dont get that job.I like a law to make insurance companies to pay for cosmetic surgery so if we can all look beuatiful we might get things because if society likes it youre in. Now theres a commerical i saw yesterday it showed only white people allowed in church and theres a bouncer at the gate telling minories and gays to step aside. The caption says "Jesus never turned anyone away and nether do we". Thats how society is and theres not a damned thing we can do about it.

Ravensteve,

Yes, I WAS married to a hearing man for 15 years but now divorce, I had no problem dating with hearing guys or Deaf ones, I admit there are some hearing guys felt little uncomfortable being around a girl who can not hear....I DO understand how you feel because I am one myself even through I lost my hearing when I was 5 but I learned to accept my Deafness when I was growing up, yes there were times I had said I wish I could hear again, even cried about it because I wasn't very popular in school , I got beaten, made fun of and even picked on, so that's not something you want to be in a situation like this....but kids can be cruel to one other same thing goes for Adults, and I learned to ignore it from time to time even it hurts as hell...but, there's nothing for me to do about it because kids and adults don't understand people like us, and its not our fault that we can't hear or if we are different...I know jobs out there are a bit tough to find when you can not hear, but we have to still look for one even if it takes years to find one...I know its not easy, it sucks big time, but people are going to be people I guess :(

Yes, I know people out there do judge people who are different but not all of them do that, so I DO understand your frustratation of not being able to hear as much as you did before...but there are things out there that can help you hear in a way, if you willing to try and seek them, maybe it would make a big difference....;)

Good Luck! :hug:

What should people do when they been turned down from a job oppitunity? Go rob a bank? Well i tried getting a lawyer but he kept saying i need $200 just for him to set up a trial and $200 or more just to go to court and trial now i did`nt have alot of money so i couldnt afford it. So i tried taking the company to court and sue em for discrimnination. So what you do for money?

ravensteve1961 said:
Thats right. We would`nt be here if if we were all hearing people. But why does god pick me to be deaf? why cant god pick my brother to be deaf after all hes blasting his ears with listening to crappy Rock music like U2 ,Terror Squad and The Killers .

Questioning why God allowed you to become deaf and not hear...for every reason, His Will and Purpose in your life may not make sense at the moment or it's something a person might have a hard time adjusting to just as it is in your case ravensteve, yet, YOU have a 'purpose' despite what falls around you in your life such as not being able to 'hear', etc., you have a 'driven-purpose' that only God can see and wants you to go through with even though you're not able to 'see clearly' that purpose since you're dwelling on the dramatic affects of losing something you hold dear and precious...think of it this way, before losing your hearing, did you daily joyfully and thankfully appreciate your hearing? Also, perhaps it may be a lesson God is showing you in order to 'open' your eyes to the plights of 'others' who can't hear??? Also, He may be leading and directing your life into another direction where He feels YOU could be very useful and helpful in the lives of those who can't hear...ever considered that possibility? Like for myself, I have questioned myself why I am hard-of-hearing over the years, rather than burying misery in my heart and being depressed, I've come to the grasp of adhering to a higher purpose and will He has shown me, if I hadn't been born 'deaf', who knows if I would be the kind, considerate AND understanding person when it comes to the people around me in my life....

Lastly, it's not an act of punishment from God when you've lost your hearing, look at it from this perspective view--is it a punishment from the One above as we get older, our eyesight gradually weakens which we may have to get glasses or stronger types of glasses? I know in your case, it's NOT because you're older and that's the reason for losing your hearing, I'm just pointing out something regarding 'punishment'...He isn't punishing you, He is building YOU up for another reason that you may not 'see' right now since you're going through the stages of dispair and perhaps rejection while in the state of being depressed...hang in there and give yourself 'time' to see greatness OVER the lost of something you hold dearly and preciously, trust me, once you're able to put yourself in that position and allowing you to utilize this into something greater not just for your own good, but for the goodness and sakes of 'others'! Truly then, you will be blessed in more ways you could ever imagine in your life!! ;)

As for your 'brother'...God will 'deal and work' with him in His own way as He is doing now for you even if it's hard for you to see it that way now....

Roadrunner said:
Questioning why God allowed you to become deaf and not hear...for every reason, His Will and Purpose in your life may not make sense at the moment or it's something a person might have a hard time adjusting to just as it is in your case ravensteve, yet, YOU have a 'purpose' despite what falls around you in your life such as not being able to 'hear', etc., you have a 'driven-purpose' that only God can see and wants you to go through with even though you're not able to 'see clearly' that purpose since you're dwelling on the dramatic affects of losing something you hold dear and precious...think of it this way, before losing your hearing, did you daily joyfully and thankfully appreciate your hearing? Also, perhaps it may be a lesson God is showing you in order to 'open' your eyes to the plights of 'others' who can't hear??? Also, He may be leading and directing your life into another direction where He feels YOU could be very useful and helpful in the lives of those who can't hear...ever considered that possibility? Like for myself, I have questioned myself why I am hard-of-hearing over the years, rather than burying misery in my heart and being depressed, I've come to the grasp of adhering to a higher purpose and will He has shown me, if I hadn't been born 'deaf', who knows if I would be the kind, considerate AND understanding person when it comes to the people around me in my life....

Lastly, it's not an act of punishment from God when you've lost your hearing, look at it from this perspective view--is it a punishment from the One above as we get older, our eyesight gradually weakens which we may have to get glasses or stronger types of glasses? I know in your case, it's NOT because you're older and that's the reason for losing your hearing, I'm just pointing out something regarding 'punishment'...He isn't punishing you, He is building YOU up for another reason that you may not 'see' right now since you're going through the stages of dispair and perhaps rejection while in the state of being depressed...hang in there and give yourself 'time' to see greatness OVER the lost of something you hold dearly and preciously, trust me, once you're able to put yourself in that position and allowing you to utilize this into something greater not just for your own good, but for the goodness and sakes of 'others'! Truly then, you will be blessed in more ways you could ever imagine in your life!! ;)

As for your 'brother'...God will 'deal and work' with him in His own way as He is doing now for you even if it's hard for you to see it that way now....

I thought RR's post was very well-thought through and very encouraging and inspiritual. Life can be good and joyful with positive thoughts and outlook of life and keeping God in daily life. For myself, I've had some bad things happen to me in the past and at that time, I didn't know why it happened to me...then later on, things get much better and I have greater purpose in life. There's reason behind every issue that had happened...like why you became deaf. Later on, you will find why. We are rooting for you, Ravensteve :grouphug: Hang in there...smile

Last edited:
Hey Guys

WE ARE ALL THE SAME SIDE, I AGREE WIHT CHERI AND ANGEL. TAKE AN EASY GUYS JUST GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE DO THE BEST AS YOU CAN.WE WILL GET ALONG WITHOUT ALEX LOCKING THIS UP PRETTY PLSE :bowdown: THNKS BLESS YOU

Back