RavenSteve and NON-believers....

TiaraPrincess

Reaction score
This is how I know God works through our lives. Read story below. He does work through doctors. God answers your prayers. "Ask and ye shall receive" ;).

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

"Courage to Believe"

Listen to this Simple Living message in:
Real Audio
<http://multimedia.guideposts.com:8080/ramgen/dgp/audio/rm/simplelifemessages/SLD120104.rm>
MP3
<http://multimedia.guideposts.com/dailyguideposts/audio/wav/simplelifemessages/SLD120104.mp3>

"Then [God] brought [Abram] outside and said, 'Look now toward heaven,
and count the stars if you are able to number them.' And He said to
him, 'So shall your descendants be.'" -Genesis 15:5 NKJV
(Symbol-Stars)
Abram's wife, Sarai, was past childbearing age, when God made this
promise. It must have been difficult for Abram to believe this, but Abram's
faith never failed and true to God's promise, Isaac was born.
Woody Livingston told Guideposts that as a child, he had to wear
hearing aids in order to hear. At 15, he went completely deaf. But he learned
to lip-read and went on to earn a BA degree in Industrial Design.
At his first job, he met Jennifer. It took him a while to get her to
accept a date because of his deafness, but he persisted. Four months
later they married. He joined Jennifer in a Bible study that caused him to
become a believer. One night he dreamed that he heard trumpets playing
a beautiful fanfare and music that sounded like a symphony. It seemed
as if God were telling him that his hearing would be restored. Though
that seemed difficult for Woody to believe, he had faith.
He moved to a new job and during the required physical, the doctor
suggested a cochlear implant. Woody agreed to try it and although it took
months to adjust to the sudden barrage of sound, weeks of therapy
brought the miracle. Woody could hear the voices of his wife and children for
the first time.
Lord, sometimes I find myself in impossible situations. Help me to
trust you always! Amen.

Last edited:
John Doe told People Magazine that as a child, he had to wear hearing aids in order to hear. At 15, he went completely deaf. But he learned to lip-read and went on to earn a BA degree in Information Technology. At his first job, he met Jane. It took him a while to get her to accept a date because of his deafness, but he persisted. Four months later they married. He joined Jane in a alcoholics anonymous meeting that caused him to quit drinking. One night he dreamed that he heard his friends playing beautiful music on the piano and it sounded like something he heard when he was a little kid. It seemed as if his friends were telling him that his hearing could be restored. Though that seemed difficult for John to believe, he had trust. He moved to a new job and during the required physical, the doctor suggested a cochlear implant. John agreed to try it and although it took months to adjust to the sudden barrage of sound, weeks of therapy brought the miracle. John could hear the voices of his wife and children for the first time. Friends, sometimes I find myself in impossible situations. Help me to trust you always! Thanks.

VamPyroX said:
John Doe told People Magazine that as a child, he had to wear hearing aids in order to hear. At 15, he went completely deaf. But he learned to lip-read and went on to earn a BA degree in Information Technology. At his first job, he met Jane. It took him a while to get her to accept a date because of his deafness, but he persisted. Four months later they married. He joined Jane in a alcoholics anonymous meeting that caused him to quit drinking. One night he dreamed that he heard his friends playing beautiful music on the piano and it sounded like something he heard when he was a little kid. It seemed as if his friends were telling him that his hearing could be restored. Though that seemed difficult for John to believe, he had trust. He moved to a new job and during the required physical, the doctor suggested a cochlear implant. John agreed to try it and although it took months to adjust to the sudden barrage of sound, weeks of therapy brought the miracle. John could hear the voices of his wife and children for the first time. Friends, sometimes I find myself in impossible situations. Help me to trust you always! Thanks.
The point of this is to show that thoughts and dreams can be translated in many ways. I'm not saying that I'm against CI. I'm not saying that I'm against God. I'm just saying that things we do in our life are determined by ourselves for unknown reasons. We can't immediately assume that it was God that did it.

When I first started dating my girlfriend, my parents treated her as a gift from God for me. They would not shut up about how God had planned it and how God had answered their prayers of helping me find the right woman. After we broke up, they started talking as if she was not the one for me and as if she was "the enemy". Now, what happened here? Exactly my point.

Well, guess we aren't perfect, right? If we believe that this is our answer in our heart and we interpret our symbols based on our prayers, then that's the answer for that person. We must forget those who doubt us because we got this dream, and that we believe that this is it in our heart. This whole world is filled with different opinions that only God and the person who pray can answer themselves. Only it's up to us to believe that it is our answer.

I believe mine was an answer from God. He led me step by step to everything I wanted. I was so determined to find something. Before that, someone told me that the CI was nothing which led me to not look into it, but lo and behold--I found it again online, and God showed me different than the answer I received.

We must forget doubters and people's opinions because that only confuse the person seeking answers, and of course we can't stop that. We need to be strong to build that shield to non-believers and believe in ourselves.

Oops, sorry I didn't explain this clear:

which led me to not look into it

By that, I meant that I disregarded CI completely because of what...actually 2 people (not 1) told me. I went online only to search for better hearing aids since I believed these 2 people, but that in turn left me to look into the CI.

Last edited:
TiaraPrincess,

Yes, God does have a way of helping people by showing them and sometimes there are sign out there that also helps you understand what God is trying to tell you... but in most cases, God doesn't cure a Deaf, Blind , or helping others to walk again even if you pray for it everyday but it will come when it is HIS time but in a few cases, I would say that God does cure a few of them but I haven't seen it in my own eyes yet but have heard about it years ago on TV...If some people really want to hear again, then there will be signs that show you what God can do to help you in a way, since we do make our own choices here on earth but with God's help of course....but, not everyone believe in that, so we can't force others to see the way you want them to see....Only people that understands about God and the things He has show us by seeking the help we want from HIM....

If some people have faith in God and believe within their heart that God can make them hear, see or walk again, if it doesn't happen now but it will happen later in HIS time, just have to believe instead of complaining about it, otherwise it makes it more like some people has lost faith in HIM....Always think positive and believe that you will hear, see or walk again!! ;)

^Angel^ said:
TiaraPrincess,

Yes, God does have a way of helping people by showing them and sometimes there are sign out there that also helps you understand what God is trying to tell you... but in most cases, God doesn't cure a Deaf, Blind , or helping others to walk again even if you pray for it everyday but it will come when it is HIS time but in a few cases, I would say that God does cure a few of them but I haven't seen it in my own eyes yet but have heard about it years ago on TV...If some people really want to hear again, then there will be signs that show you what God can do to help you in a way, since we do make our own choices here on earth but with God's help of course....but, not everyone believe in that, so we can't force others to see the way you want them to see....Only people that understands about God and the things He has show us by seeking the help we want from HIM....

If some people have faith in God and believe within their heart that God can make them hear, see or walk again, if it doesn't happen now but it will happen later in HIS time, just have to believe instead of complaining about it, otherwise it makes it more like some people has lost faith in HIM....Always think positive and believe that you will hear, see or walk again!! ;)

Good post, Angel! I agree with you. :thumb:

^Angel^ said:
TiaraPrincess,

Amen Angel!!!!!!!!!!!! You said it far better than I could.

Exactly Angel we tend to forget
that this whole thing/life is from HIS time,
not our time.

I have seen only one woman from church
who lost her hearing and then got all of
her hearing restored back to normal (at HIS Time)
even though she was praying
about this situation for many years.
(Even Without CI)...

Yes that's right Angel....I am not sure what you're trying to tell me that I missed to mention but here is my point....

My whole point in showing this story was that some people say that God does not use doctors to give you hearing or heal you. That was my whole point. They exclude hearing for some reason.

God can heal through doctors whether it be surgery, natural cures, stem cells, etc. That also includes CI. I can't fathom to understand why some people like Meg thinks it is selfish to pray for hearing. I do know that Meg won't care to pray though, but to mention it like it's a fact is discouraging people and making them guilty because there are worse things out there. There are others that think CI is not a cure from God. That it is the doctor that gave you hearing. That's my point in the whole message. CI can be God's choice for any deaf person. You and God find the message together. No one can tell you to distrust messages from God in whatever form you get it because the message is for you and comes from within that little voice. Others like Vampyrox will not get that message clearly because he won't have that little voice of that person. No one can tell you to stop praying for whatever you desire. ;)

TiaraPrincess said:
God can heal through doctors whether it be surgery, natural cures, stem cells, etc. That also includes CI. I can't fathom to understand why some people like Meg thinks it is selfish to pray for hearing. I do know that Meg won't care to pray though, but to mention it like it's a fact is discouraging people and making them guilty because there are worse things out there. There are others that think CI is not a cure from God. That it is the doctor that gave you hearing. That's my point in the whole message. CI can be God's choice for any deaf person. You and God find the message together. No one can tell you to distrust messages from God in whatever form you get it because the message is for you and comes from within that little voice. Others like Vampyrox will not get that message clearly because he won't have that little voice of that person. No one can tell you to stop praying for whatever you desire. ;)

Wait a minute...why do you say that I wont care to pray? Have I ever said that I am an atheist? I have never said that. I am very spiritual. I pray every single day.

It is my own opinion that it is selfish to be praying for restored hearing when there are much more sufferings out there.

That is my own opinion and you don't have to agree with me. I believe that God has better things to help out with than trying to restore hearing because being deaf is NOT bad. At least in my own eyes. But you don't have to agree with or attack me, Tiara, as you did in other post by calling me a Nazist.

You said that getting a CI can be Gods choice for anyone. I have a CI and I never viewed it as an answer from God. I view it as a man made choice. I made a choice to implant a manmade device in myself to see if it works. I am already happy being Deaf so I never prayed to be Hearing. I simply accepted God s Plan for me and make the best out of who I am while being on the Earth.

You do not know me at all so you should not judge me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg, read again. I didn't say you didn't pray. I only said the way you stated it sounded discouraging to others. It didn't sound like an opinion from you. Yes, I put it like Nazi because the way you believe sounds very strict Orthodox Christianity or something close to that. It's just how it seemed to me.

I having a hard time regaining my faith. Because im deaf. I didnt see why i deserved this.

ravensteve1961, maybe if you get a bible that will help. What my mom does is she goes around reading it or hold it for awhile while wondering about a question, then you open and you get an answer. It takes awhile for this to take effect, but it works. Regaining faith isn't easy, but if you make a little effort each day, you might get your answer someday :D.

I need a bible, but I have been unable to buy one yet. Maybe this weekend if I can! It's because sometimes I have a tough time hearing God, and a bible might help as I used to read the New Testament and read and find as if it was talking to me and making sense. It could also help doing Automatic Writing. You just write whatever comes in your head while you wonder about your answer. This helps unravel thoughts and little voices inside in quietness.

Just go buy a comfortable Bible or read TBN channel. Do you have that in your area on tv?

TiaraPrincess said:
Yes that's right Angel....I am not sure what you're trying to tell me that I missed to mention but here is my point....

My whole point in showing this story was that some people say that God does not use doctors to give you hearing or heal you. That was my whole point. They exclude hearing for some reason.

Talk about hearing, CI does not make you hear all the way You are still deaf when you have CI, It's not the same thing as God gives you hearing. :mrgreen:

TiaraPrincess said:

It is selfish if some people pray to ask God to help them hear NOW instead of believing that God will help them find a way to help them hear again...U don't seek God only cause you want things to happen your way or your time, it has to be God's will to do so in HIS time and in HIS way, I think that what Meg is trying to say....When I pray to seek God's help, I believe God is working on it for me but in HIS time even if it doesn't happen NOW or when I wanted it to happen....

I disagree with you when you said CI is a cure from God, if it is, then a Deaf person will be able to hear 100% but that is not the case CI implants only help a Deaf person to hear more in most cases....Doctors are God's helpers to cure people for their sickness, most diseases etc....Also doctors have devices, equipments, attachments for people to use to help them such as CI, hearing aids, wheelchairs, canes for the blind etc....<<<< still it's not a cure but it does help alot of people to get thru with their lives in ways that is much better than they were previously in.....Yes, God shows people who wants to hear again, by seeking things that are out there such as CI, hearing aids etc....but it can be the person's choice which one they rather to use with God's help....

Each one of us might view differently on how God does help in these kind of situations, I will openly respect the next person's view whether I may believe it or not, with this in mind, there's no need for fingerpointing, for all we know, we all could be right or wrong, but at least we all can get along by respecting the views and the beliefs in here and perhaps even learn a thing or two......;)

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
It is selfish if some people pray to ask God to help them hear NOW instead of believing that God will help them find a way to help them hear again...U don't seek God only cause you want things to happen your way or your time, it has to be God's will to do so in HIS time and in HIS way, I think that what Meg is trying to say....When I pray to seek God's help, I believe God is working on it for me but in HIS time even if it doesn't happen NOW or when I wanted it to happen....

I disagree with you when you said CI is a cure from God, if it is, then a Deaf person will be able to hear 100% but that is not the case CI implants only help a Deaf person to hear more in most cases....Doctors are God's helpers to cure people for their sickness, most diseases etc....Also doctors have devices, equipments, attachments for people to use to help them such as CI, hearing aids, wheelchairs, canes for the blind etc....<<<< still it's not a cure but it does help alot of people to get thru with their lives in ways that is much better than they were previously in.....Yes, God shows people who wants to hear again, by seeking things that are out there such as CI, hearing aids etc....but that it can be the person's choice which one they rather to use with God's help....

Each one of us might view differently on how God does help in these kind of situations, I will openly respect the next person's view whether I may believe it or not, with this in mind, there's no need for fingerpointing, for all we know, we all could be right or wrong, but at least we all can get along by respecting the views and the beliefs in here and perhaps even learn a thing or two......;)

Thank you Angel.

TiaraPrincess said:
Meg, read again. I didn't say you didn't pray. I only said the way you stated it sounded discouraging to others. It didn't sound like an opinion from you. Yes, I put it like Nazi because the way you believe sounds very strict Orthodox Christianity or something close to that. It's just how it seemed to me.

You are better off asking me in PM about my religious background than assuming. Assuming means making an a** out of oneself.

For your information, I am nowhere near being a Orthodox Christian. I grew up in very strict Jesuit schools and they taught us that God does not grant us whatever we want NOW - God grants us what He wants us to have in His own time or plan. We were taught that praying is a form of conversation with God and God will grant us things only what HE thinks we are entitled to. Based on my growing up years in that kind of setting, it is WHY I have my own opinions. But it doesnt mean I am wrong.

These days I am not a part of an organized religion.

I resent being called a Nazist because I have many Jewish family members and my two best friends are Jewish. I celebrate Jewish holidays with them. You need to look up the definition of Nazism before labeling me that.

But I am not here to argue further. I am simply asking you to recognize that you dont have to agree with me and there is no reason to assume before gathering all the facts.

Cheri said:
Talk about hearing, CI does not make you hear all the way You are still deaf when you have CI, It's not the same thing as God gives you hearing. :mrgreen:
Cheri. Ever got the tape on a CI? These people have clamed they hear better than they ever when they lost their hearing. Maybe you dont have the nucleus 24 which is the newer CI and the new kind of coil implant inside your conhlear. This is very new and they say its alomost closest thing to normal hearing. Almost Now scientist can overturn gods desisons for you. Its like congress can override a presidents veto.

Last edited:
Back