Rant: I don't get it.

D

Deaf258

It bothers the Hell out of me when I find some parents are so focused on buying the latest clothing style, jewelry, hottest pagers or game consoles and all this time, they're neglecting their children. What gives? Why are such material objects are so important that their kids' health and needs come last on the parents' priority list?!? I think those kind of parents do not deserve to have kids if they cannot care for them properly!

Time to sterilize! *snip-snip*

First of all is Good Venting :thumb:

Do you mean that the parents focus to spend materials for themselves, not for their children? If yes, it's really sad that they are too selfish to think themselves than think about their children's welfare and interest.

If the people want to be parents then they should think twice before start family.

I agree.

I also think that it's a problem the other way where parents spoil their kids so much that their kids end up being brats as well. :roll:

I only spoil my children with expensive one for their birthdays, Easter and Christmas.

It bothers the Hell out of me when I find some parents are so focused on buying the latest clothing style, jewelry, hottest pagers or game consoles and all this time, they're neglecting their children. What gives? Why are such material objects are so important that their kids' health and needs come last on the parents' priority list?!? I think those kind of parents do not deserve to have kids if they cannot care for them properly!

Time to sterilize! *snip-snip*

I can understand your frustrations. I mean their children need to be first and foremost. My girls are spoiled LOL. But they aren't respectful or anything. They are great girls. I agree it's like they revert back to teenage years where the latest toy was the priority.

My kids always come first on my priority list, I work for my kids so I can provide them a roof over their heads, food, clothes, anything they need in life, but I don't even spend money on going out parties, drinking, getting belly pierces, doing drugs. That's not for me, my children are my top priority in life. ;)

My niece and nephew aren't "brats" in the sense that they behave maliciously, but as a direct result of being given a lot of cool and expensive stuff they have little respect for their own stuff and others' stuff taking things for granted... they grow on trees, right? ;) Learning about value of stuff and respecting others' stuff are never too early for any child, huh? In any rate, I will never lend my stuff to them again until they are 30. ;)

My problem is that when I go shopping, If I even dared think of getting anything for myself, I feel super guilty and must buy my kids something else too... or I end up getting zero for myself and all for the kids.. :lol: Wish more parents were like that.

My problem is that when I go shopping, If I even dared think of getting anything for myself, I feel super guilty and must buy my kids something else too... or I end up getting zero for myself and all for the kids.. :lol: Wish more parents were like that.

:giggle: I do the same, When I see something, I would say aww my boys would love this one, or if I see clothes that are soo cute, I'll say my boys would look handsome in those. ;)

It's just sad. I know one guy who takes a better care of his broken down car than his own daughter. I also know another guy who thinks XBox games and pagers are more important than being a good father to several of his children. There's another divorced mom who spends all the the child support money on QVC nearly everyday!

And the system and courts seem not to do anything about it. If they did, it would be too late (or almost)!!

I don't get it either. One of my siblings spent a lot of times with his x box, movies and internet than his own daughter. She didn't know sign language. I had to teach her. She is such a sweet girl. I wish her father knew whats the best for the family. Hopefully he will finally realize that he is missing a lot of times with his daughter. Family are always important than the worldly things. I can't wait to have a baby girl and I will totally give her all of my love and my world! Oooh! Hurry up!

Thanks for sharing your feeling!! **hugs**

My parents were kinda like that and still are they thought they could buy me and my sister off with material pocessions instead of being around and giving us their love. It hurts it really hurts it was cool when your a kid you get everything all the dance lessons and piano lessons and all the coolest toys u ask for but when you get to be older you realize you missed out on alot of love and you can never have that replaced.

I saw that some deaf father who spoil his son with expensive wrist watch and a sidekick 3 and he's a hearing guy who knows sign. Sad, yes.

I can't stand people who abandon their spouses and kids so they could go out to party all the time, get drunk and have sex with other people. Even when they're supposed to be taking care of their kids, they blow all their money and SSI on material things (like pagers or video games), booze and drugs.

I agreed with Deaf258!!
I seen many kids at the mall, free around, play games, steal stuff.
Where are their parents?? Stay home...watch tv...drinking...drugs...
We cant blame on parents all times..
Some kids give parents hard time..
Some parents ignored kids..
Some parents spoiled kids..
Different Sides on Parents or Kids..
Some parents are work hard..help with kids.. be there for kids..
but kids give parents hard time..
Some parents are work hard, focus on careers, or drugs, drinkings..forget about their children..
Some parents are good...strict...
Some parents arent good...ignore kids, let kids go out play..no rules!!
Parents prefer let kids do what they want...less than give parent problems, argue, talk back..yelling..fight..
But Parents still are responsible, kids are under their roof..should follow parent's rules..strict..
but now kids are crazy over all games..when games come in new names..kids want another games..computers..anything kids want...Parents let kids do what they want...to make less headache for parents..

Its very sad to see kids like that..
Kids need parent's love, focus, encourage, be there for kids than spoil the kids.
Wish Now Parents are same as 1940's 1950's rules...so Kids would be in GOOD Path..Join Sports..activites..than games, drugs, cell phones..etc..

Our kids come first but there are times that I splurge on myself. I think that is ok for parents to do that for themselves every now and then but not all the time nor at the expense of their kids' needs.

Truth is, they aren't much as a parents. Parents should raise properly and communication should be involve. Sadly, I was married the one thinking prior of what she wants than children needs. Kids need love which is personal way than materialize. It must have a balance. Nothing wrong with give something for kids, but overly act or spoil rotten on those kids be a big problem. And parents keep saying I don't have a enuf money, dear (to children), but buying booze, ciggys, drugs, expensive stuff and etc,, is pathetic.

If you're a parent and you're about to lose your kids, would you worry about video games and pagers?

some "parents" i knew would do that instead.. rather worry about video games than their own kids.

Having read this thread, there seems to be a lot of American input here (and there is nothing wrong with that). So hello to all from the other side of the pond. :wave:

I don't get it either OP. I live on a council estate here in Sheffield, England. There isn't a lot of spare cash to be had on this estate but you would be surprised (indeed shocked) that youngsters on here wear the latest "designer" fashions....you know the ones that readily indicate the wearer comes from a council estate!!!!!! Parents on here will pay top prices for top brand (you know the one) trainers but they can't afford decent food or to pay the bills. Many are in debt - from money lenders who charge high interest, and lend more to spoil their children. WHY? because there is a crazy notion that if you don't buy your schoolkids the best in trainers etc they will be bullied in school. This is more than peer pressure. It is multi-national branding organisation pressure. Coupled with the fact that the trainers are advertised by our sporting heros (well they are to the kids concerned). Its tragic that this happens....and that those who cannot afford are the biggest victims....Why can't we all just stop buying these overpriced products and get back to the real values of parenting.

Back