Random Vents.....

Black Ice! #$%$#&^&%*&^!!!

I slipped and fell down on snow-covered black ice across undeveloped gravel parking lot near my work. I ended up in hospital with a sprained ankle. :mad:

I will not have to go to work until January 3rd. Nice eh?!

Well....... Think of it as a Christmas vacation. :P

I hope you get better soon. Sprained ankle is no fun!

I slipped and fell down on snow-covered black ice across undeveloped gravel parking lot near my work. I ended up in hospital with a sprained ankle. :mad:

Hopefully you will feel better to enjoy Christmas.

Lots of RICE will help(Rest Ice Compression Elevation). I made the mistake of carrying on a basketball game when I badly sprained my ankle and I doubt it will ever recover to how it was before.

my hour to an hour and a half drive today turned into over 2 hours... love the snow... but hate stupid drivers

turn off your hearing aids.

We are learning to sign, Lee knows just enough to complain and I know just enough to understand him. So even with aids out he can still complain to me.

naisho said:
These days, the EOL (end of life) of smartphones drive me crazy. A vicious cycle for tech lovers.

The first phone I owned lasted me like 2-3 years.
Then I got my first smartphone in 2009.
Christmas 2010 I upgraded to another smartphone.
In May 2011 I got another one.
Then in August 2011 I got the one I'm using now.

And I'm already drooling over what is going to be released over next year... sigh!

9/10 times on on my phone here and no one has said any different, I only have access to a computer a few hours a week. I'm on my second phone because I dropped the first in a parking lot and smashed the screen

Oh, be CAREFUL of that stuff! My husband's cousin (I'm sure quite a bit older than you) slipped on the ice and fell last year.

He ended up paralyzed from the shoulders down. He can barely move his fingers. He is working on being able to wiggle his toes. He was in the hospital for several months and now is in some sort of rehabilitation facility. They do not expect that he will ever walk again, and he will be fortunate to even be able to use a wheelchair. He will never live independently again.

It has now been nearly a year since his accident, and essentially, he is still bedridden, other than when he gets some physical therapy to try to get him strong enough to use a wheelchair.

Moral of the story: Be VERY careful of icy pavement, on the sidewalk, in parking lots, wherever. A fall can lead to life-changing complications.

I'm sorry you've got a sprained ankle, but count your blessings as compared to what it could have been.

my hour to an hour and a half drive today turned into over 2 hours... love the snow... but hate stupid drivers

How exasperating! Unfortunately, the two seem to go hand in hand. :(

How exasperating! Unfortunately, the two seem to go hand in hand. :(

yes they do... and its so frustrating. but at least I get to see PFH! that makes things better! and you will be here sunday!!!

I am sick of these stupid cretins that can't cross the road at the intersection and feel that when it is dark outside and they have dark toned skin and wear dark clothing, they think all the drivers can see them and brake in time. I had to do a quick exchange of a gift and when coming home, I had to slow way down as a car, doing a U-turn, died in the road. They were restarting the car and couldn't get it started. I slowed way down, and managed to get around them, when these 3 stupid females (they don't deserve to be called women) darted out into the middle of the road and danced across the street. Keep in mind, this is 5:30 PM on the last workday for most people before the holiday weekend. I almost hit 2 of them and I had a Sheriff behind me. He flipped on his lights and got all 3 into his car. Asked if I was okay and fit to drive home. He had my mother promise to call him directly to let him know we got home safely after that. I am still shaking over this.

I am sick of these stupid cretins that can't cross the road at the intersection and feel that when it is dark outside and they have dark toned skin and wear dark clothing, they think all the drivers can see them and brake in time. I had to do a quick exchange of a gift and when coming home, I had to slow way down as a car, doing a U-turn, died in the road. They were restarting the car and couldn't get it started. I slowed way down, and managed to get around them, when these 3 stupid females (they don't deserve to be called women) darted out into the middle of the road and danced across the street. Keep in mind, this is 5:30 PM on the last workday for most people before the holiday weekend. I almost hit 2 of them and I had a Sheriff behind me. He flipped on his lights and got all 3 into his car. Asked if I was okay and fit to drive home. He had my mother promise to call him directly to let him know we got home safely after that. I am still shaking over this.

People can be so inconsiderate some times. Only thinking of themselves. What if they had been slammed head on? They wouldn't be dancing then. Oh well. Hope you shake it off soon :)

People can be so inconsiderate some times. Only thinking of themselves. What if they had been slammed head on? They wouldn't be dancing then. Oh well. Hope you shake it off soon :)

Give 'em Hell, Kristina!...Tell 'em ur momma told them to hang up their rock 'n roll shoes!..And get their azz's out of the road!....Was there a "street dance" going on?

Give 'em Hell, Kristina!...Tell 'em ur momma told them to hang up their rock 'n roll shoes!..And get their azz's out of the road!....Was there a "street dance" going on?

No dance at all. Just going from an apartment complex (sleazy run-down place) across the 6 lane roadway to get to the Circle K store. Too bad that they didn't make it. Officer Nice and Gorgeous took care of it. My mother almost went through the windshield and she was buckled in. That's how quick I had to brake. I wasn't even going faster than 10 MPH.

Ah well - I am doing better now. It's amazing what my coconut milk ice cream can do. Mint chip.

someone piss me off today. i want ripping off his all limb. he trying ruin my christmas. i hates him so much. wow i have deep anger right now and i am BOILS inside!!!!

I'm sorry, the Cheetah Consulting office is currently closed. Normal office hours will resume on Monday Dec 26.

Thank you and Have a pleasant and safe Christmas holidays!

Nothing bothers me more than when my husband leaves me his vehicle to drive to work with the gas light on!! How rude. So I went and put 2$ in it so he could drive it today :-P

Nothing bothers me more than when my husband leaves me his vehicle to drive to work with the gas light on!! How rude. So I went and put 2$ in it so he could drive it today :-P

I hope that's just enought for him to get to work but not enough for him to get back home! He he he

I clicked "like" to this, but of course don't literally "like" it! This is a huge problem near where I live, too. There are several major roads leading south and west from D.C. that come through the surrounding areas. These roads do have crosswalks, but at some distance apart, and ALWAYS there are people who think the signs saying "Use crosswalks" do not apply to them. Because it's so much safer to dash across a four-lane major traffic artery, with kids in hand, than it is to walk 50 yards to the next bloomin' crosswalk, you know. Ay-yi-yi.

Unfortunately over the course of the darkest months of the year, there are always some fatalities from just that behavior. Really sad and totally preventable.

Back