Random Vents.....

I find it almost comical to hear the ladies complaining about the men not picking/cleaning up after themselves (and their big projects). Plus there seems to be the idea that since traditionally women stayed home and did all the house work the little boys never learned.

Well, this little boy learned very early or got scolded and went without desert (yes, my evil mother). But I have since learned that all the scolding and missing out of deserts was actually a form of love (who knew?). So, now I find my self in a bit of a roll reversal. I still love to do all the "manly" chores around the house. But I find that I would much prefer to stay home and let my wife (ok future wife?) be the bread winner. I would be very happy with doing the house work, cleaning, washing, cooking, and of course I would still change the oil in the car, tend the garden, and periodically reroof the house.

I also enjoy doing the finances, taxes, and design a web page or two, and long walks on the beach. (dunno where that last one came from - just seemed to pop in there).

So, give me the big projects and don't worry, I will clean as I go and clean up at the end of the job. As much as I hate cleaning up, I love stepping back and admiring a job well done (and I can't do that without cleaning).

Would Cheetah like to meet Cougar? :wave: :lol:

Would Cheetah like to meet Cougar? :wave: :lol:

Damn you, don't get me all excited!!! :P

um... Who's Cougar? :naughty:

Not that I'm... er... asking for me... I'm asking for... um... somebody else! yeah! somebody else! :D

Damn you, don't get me all excited!!! :P

um... Who's Cougar? :naughty:

Not that I'm... er... asking for me... I'm asking for... um... somebody else! yeah! somebody else! :D

Isn't a courgar an older woman after a younger man? Not that I'm looking for a younger man...but I do like your qualifications....as stated in the above post. :lol:

Sometimes, this forum is very slow...Grrrrrr.. gunna have to leave and come back... Usually works for me. :dunno:

Isn't a courgar an older woman after a younger man? Not that I'm looking for a younger man...but I do like your qualifications....as stated in the above post. :lol:

:kiss: :Oops:

I'm flattered! I had to lookup what a Cougar is, you have it right. I've always gotten along better with older woman don't know why that might be. But right now I am dating a girl much younger that me.

that is the one of his flaws in your marriage. i suppose? =?

my sister said, that she had horrible relationships and marriage. now she married the most laziest guy but he works hard to earn $ and bring home but laziest at home. :lol: she keeps barking at him for picking up his fithly clothes on the floor. She sometimes reminds herself how lucky she is to have him because he is able to provide good $$ and fun person to hang out and never yelling.

i suppose that your hub is an awesome guy beside never clean up. =X hahah

Most of the time I dont let it bother me but when he leaves paint like that lying around waiting to be knocked over and cause damage, that is when I draw the line.

Could it be that ur hubby's Mom did all the picking up for him?....:hmm:...Seems a lot of women accept the fact that their hubbies are just messy, and they pick up after them....but in my house, No. ...My boys know where the laundry room is, know where the dishwasher is and keep their rooms neat and beds made. They can also cook simple meals...and when I got sick, it was a blessing!....Am hoping they will grow up to be real good husbands, and help their wives around the house, it's a plus especially if the woman has to work also.

Back in the "old days" the man was the bread-winner and the wife the house keeper....but now-a-days, it's changed....But some men, no matter how you rant and rave and fuss about it, they won't or "can't" change their ways. So to keep the peace, some just accept it, grin and bear it, but causes problems too.

He says she didnt pick up after him but she said she did so it is his word against hers.

That's why I am teaching my 6 year old son to put things away after using them. I dont want him to expect others to clean up after him.

I find it almost comical to hear the ladies complaining about the men not picking/cleaning up after themselves (and their big projects). Plus there seems to be the idea that since traditionally women stayed home and did all the house work the little boys never learned.

Well, this little boy learned very early or got scolded and went without desert (yes, my evil mother). But I have since learned that all the scolding and missing out of deserts was actually a form of love (who knew?). So, now I find my self in a bit of a roll reversal. I still love to do all the "manly" chores around the house. But I find that I would much prefer to stay home and let my wife (ok future wife?) be the bread winner. I would be very happy with doing the house work, cleaning, washing, cooking, and of course I would still change the oil in the car, tend the garden, and periodically reroof the house.

I also enjoy doing the finances, taxes, and design a web page or two, and long walks on the beach. (dunno where that last one came from - just seemed to pop in there).

So, give me the big projects and don't worry, I will clean as I go and clean up at the end of the job. As much as I hate cleaning up, I love stepping back and admiring a job well done (and I can't do that without cleaning).

I am happy that he does the big projects and all. The problem is that when he leaves his tools lying around the way he does, it creates more hazards in our house with saws, electric tools, paint and so forth lying around especially when we have a small child and animals. What happened with my dog yesterday was a perfect example. What if she knocked the paint tray over while I was getting ready and tried to clean it off from her back and get poisioning?

That is what pisses me off big time. I dont like tripping over the tools and all that. However, if I put them away, I dont know where they are supposed to go.

Whenever I tell him to clean up, he says "I will later" but then it would be like days later. It is just frustrating at times.

I am happy that he does the big projects and all. The problem is that when he leaves his tools lying around the way he does, it creates more hazards in our house with saws, electric tools, paint and so forth lying around especially when we have a small child and animals. What happened with my dog yesterday was a perfect example. What if she knocked the paint tray over while I was getting ready and tried to clean it off from her back and get poisioning?

That is what pisses me off big time. I dont like tripping over the tools and all that. However, if I put them away, I dont know where they are supposed to go.

Whenever I tell him to clean up, he says "I will later" but then it would be like days later. It is just frustrating at times.

Why not just picked the tools up, smile...but put them in a spot that he doesn't know about....and when he asks where is such and such...then you have "no idea"!...So around and around he goes, looking for 'em...and admist all his "grumbling"....sweetly say..."if you would put the tools up and in the right place, there would be no frustration in finding them."....(then he'll probably go over to the neighbors and borrow a tool)...:giggle:

Why not just picked the tools up, smile...but put them in a spot that he doesn't know about....and when he asks where is such and such...then you have "no idea"!...So around and around he goes, looking for 'em...and admist all his "grumbling"....sweetly say..."if you would put the tools up and in the right place, there would be no frustration in finding them."....(then he'll probably go over to the neighbors and borrow a tool)...:giggle:

I have done that before..didnt work.

I would take them all and put them in his driver's seat. Then he will have no choice but to put them all away so he can drive :)

Good idea...or I'd put them on the bed (his side), under the covers....Or put them in his briefcase...maybe a couple in his shoes, socks & undies drawer....Hang up the big tools in his shirt/pants closet...maybe even duct tape a tool to his toothbrush! :giggle:...and when he comes home and asks "what's for dinner?"....say it's a new menu....Tools!

Random vent....I hate that so many programs on tv have to do about singing. American Idol, The Voice, X Factor, The Sing Off, Americas Got Talent, Glee, and on and on.. Then I have someone ask me if I watch them and who my favorite singer is? Can not hear a darn word :-(

Random vent....I hate that so many programs on tv have to do about singing. American Idol, The Voice, X Factor, The Sing Off, Americas Got Talent, Glee, and on and on.. Then I have someone ask me if I watch them and who my favorite singer is? Can not hear a darn word :-(

I can't hear a darn word either...and many members here are in the same boat....but I do enjoy the captions.

I wish the county would fix the road leading to the farm. It's all washed out from the flooding down to the pad and it's chocked full of potholes. So when it rains, even a little bit like today, it becomes this slick muddy crap that requires you to slow down and hope you don't slide into a pothole or off into the ditch. Ugh. It's HORRIBLE!!! I just wish they would take the time to pave it as large Tyson trucks go up and down this road. They need to widen it out and make it truck grade. Even the natural gas companies build better roads leading to their wells better than the county does!! Our county road department is a joke.

my mother and computers.... She wants to start a photography business, but she doesn't even know how to burn photos to a CD.... and who knows how many times I've shown her how to do this. uuumm......

I am so sick of UPS right now.

I have a tracking number and according to their website, the package was delivered this past Tuesday evening at 6:58 PM EST. Now, 5 people were in this house and 4 of them are hearing and can hear the doorbells. The address is plain as day in big 3 inch numbers that are reflective on the mailbox. No delivery. The tracking info also says it was left with "other". We have gone to all the people in this neighborhood to ask about it. No one has gotten this package. Now, 5 UPS trucks go through this neighborhood daily. They deliver to this house easily 8-10 times a month. What gives?

I called AT&T who sent the package. They are sending another one that I should get tomorrow or Saturday. I will be here for both days. Hubby is taking MIL to the hairdresser just in case.

I am so sick of UPS right now.

I have a tracking number and according to their website, the package was delivered this past Tuesday evening at 6:58 PM EST. Now, 5 people were in this house and 4 of them are hearing and can hear the doorbells. The address is plain as day in big 3 inch numbers that are reflective on the mailbox. No delivery. The tracking info also says it was left with "other". We have gone to all the people in this neighborhood to ask about it. No one has gotten this package. Now, 5 UPS trucks go through this neighborhood daily. They deliver to this house easily 8-10 times a month. What gives?

I called AT&T who sent the package. They are sending another one that I should get tomorrow or Saturday. I will be here for both days. Hubby is taking MIL to the hairdresser just in case.

Have you looked around behind bushes or anything close to doors (not just the one you expect them at)? Around here they are notorious for barely ringing the bell and taking off without waiting for anyone to get to the door.

Also, were you able to get ATT to send the replacement with "signature required"? That can slow the drivers down.

Have you looked around behind bushes or anything close to doors (not just the one you expect them at)? Around here they are notorious for barely ringing the bell and taking off without waiting for anyone to get to the door.

Also, were you able to get ATT to send the replacement with "signature required"? That can slow the drivers down.

We have looked all through the carport, utility room, all bushes and trees and everywhere. Nothing.

AT&T is sending a replacement and it is signature required and this house only. It can not be left with anyone else.

Back