Random Vents.....

I am sick of library computerized book returns that don't work right. Over the past 3 years, the city library has constantly told someone in my family, including me, that we are late with books, magazines, DVDs or CD's and charged us for the replacement. Each time they tell us, we find the materials on the shelf and they have to correct the system. Just today, they claimed my mother had 17 (yes, seventeen) books out and were charging her up to $40 for each. Well, I got pissed again, got a list of the books and went tearing around the library. Found all 17 of them again. My mother got so upset (don't forget, she's got dementia with depression setting in) that she started wandering around in tears and got lost. Took the police to find her for me. She was 5 blocks up the road. Needless to say, I closed her library account. She will check out books on my account from now on. I also told them, that if it happens again, I would close the other 4 accounts we have (hubby, son, daughter and me).

Wonder if it's the computer or an employee. An employee too lazy to check the books back in or perhaps someone trying to collect on "lost" books. Maybe contact the county or state agency in charge of libraries and find out if they are aware of what's happening.

Wonder if it's the computer or an employee. An employee too lazy to check the books back in or perhaps someone trying to collect on "lost" books. Maybe contact the county or state agency in charge of libraries and find out if they are aware of what's happening.

It's all computer related. We slide the books onto this belt, that has a scanner over it to read a magnatized thing in the book, then it's supposed to take it off your account, then the belt moves it to the correct bin for reshelving. Problem is, the computer was upgraded at all locations, but the scanner for check-ins. I really hate these computerized check-ins. They won't allow hand check-ins unless the computer refuses at least 3 times. If you go in the door with out checking in the books, the alarms go off.

My vent is that my hubby didn't clean up the paint from the tray from his painting project yesterday and when I let my dog in before leaving for work this morning, my dog knocked it over. All the paint spilled on her and she tracked it into the house. I spent 30 mins cleaning my dog up which caused me to be late for work. I was sooooooooooooo pissed at my hubby!

What's sad is I'm still making less then federal poverty level and yet I work six days a week at one job. They've claimed me as salaried. To me salary only means you work shit wages and yet you get work like a dog.

This is getting old and I'm burned out. My boss says as long as he doesn't get a vacation, I don't get one. Sounds to me like he's a bit bitter abo

I REALLY feel like I need the vacation time. Like today I literally thought about just turning off the table, leave a quit note, and walk out.

Only problem is there are no other jobs to be had in this area immediately that would cover my bills, so I'm just stuck in this messed up form of slavery.

Apply for jobs out of state and get the hell out?

My vent is that my hubby didn't clean up the paint from the tray from his painting project yesterday and when I let my dog in before leaving for work this morning, my dog knocked it over. All the paint spilled on her and she tracked it into the house. I spent 30 mins cleaning my dog up which caused me to be late for work. I was sooooooooooooo pissed at my hubby!

Oh no. I am sorry. I hated that when it happens in the house. There are still painted stain all over on the grasses in the backyear. :o It was accident to knock the huge can of paint over. :(

Oh no. I am sorry. I hated that when it happens in the house. There are still painted stain all over on the grasses in the backyear. :o It was accident to knock the huge can of paint over. :(

He NEVER CLEANS UP after doing a big project. UGGGH!

This month sucked..warmest january in six yrs. I want cold and snow.. not rain,ice,windy...smh..wtf?.. Im glad Jan. is over. 2006 January is warmest January on record... not one night below freezin tempature of 32...crazy!

I hit a deer this morning. Non of us are hurt thank the Lord! I need to get it fixed, and insured.

Was the deer ok? Should we be calling PETA? :giggle:

Glad you guys were all ok. My brother did the same thing many years ago. Totaled the engine plus the deer got up and ran off.

He NEVER CLEANS UP after doing a big project. UGGGH!

that is the one of his flaws in your marriage. i suppose? =?

my sister said, that she had horrible relationships and marriage. now she married the most laziest guy but he works hard to earn $ and bring home but laziest at home. :lol: she keeps barking at him for picking up his fithly clothes on the floor. She sometimes reminds herself how lucky she is to have him because he is able to provide good $$ and fun person to hang out and never yelling.

i suppose that your hub is an awesome guy beside never clean up. =X hahah

That would drive me crazy, but when I think about it...

Most women would be grateful to have a husband who actually DOES big projects. :giggle:

I have the messy hubby, who also can't cook and doesn't do big projects. His is a major procrastinator. But, he does work hard at his job and is trying to find something to pay better. Moving back to Florida really killed our finances.

I have the messy hubby, who also can't cook and doesn't do big projects. His is a major procrastinator. But, he does work hard at his job and is trying to find something to pay better. Moving back to Florida really killed our finances.

Could it be that ur hubby's Mom did all the picking up for him?....:hmm:...Seems a lot of women accept the fact that their hubbies are just messy, and they pick up after them....but in my house, No. ...My boys know where the laundry room is, know where the dishwasher is and keep their rooms neat and beds made. They can also cook simple meals...and when I got sick, it was a blessing!....Am hoping they will grow up to be real good husbands, and help their wives around the house, it's a plus especially if the woman has to work also.

Back in the "old days" the man was the bread-winner and the wife the house keeper....but now-a-days, it's changed....But some men, no matter how you rant and rave and fuss about it, they won't or "can't" change their ways. So to keep the peace, some just accept it, grin and bear it, but causes problems too.

Could it be that ur hubby's Mom did all the picking up for him?....:hmm:...Seems a lot of women accept the fact that their hubbies are just messy, and they pick up after them....but in my house, No. ...My boys know where the laundry room is, know where the dishwasher is and keep their rooms neat and beds made. They can also cook simple meals...and when I got sick, it was a blessing!....Am hoping they will grow up to be real good husbands, and help their wives around the house, it's a plus especially if the woman has to work also.

Back in the "old days" the man was the bread-winner and the wife the house keeper....but now-a-days, it's changed....But some men, no matter how you rant and rave and fuss about it, they won't or "can't" change their ways. So to keep the peace, some just accept it, grin and bear it, but causes problems too.

That's it totally. Now, she complains about his mess, but has said that the men and boys are messy since it's in their DNA. I asked her for proof and she didn't understand.

Now, my son is a neat freak up to a point. If it's his room, it will be neat as a pin. If it's his personal self, then it's enat and squeaky clean, but if it's in the family area, he could care less.

I find it almost comical to hear the ladies complaining about the men not picking/cleaning up after themselves (and their big projects). Plus there seems to be the idea that since traditionally women stayed home and did all the house work the little boys never learned.

Well, this little boy learned very early or got scolded and went without desert (yes, my evil mother). But I have since learned that all the scolding and missing out of deserts was actually a form of love (who knew?). So, now I find my self in a bit of a roll reversal. I still love to do all the "manly" chores around the house. But I find that I would much prefer to stay home and let my wife (ok future wife?) be the bread winner. I would be very happy with doing the house work, cleaning, washing, cooking, and of course I would still change the oil in the car, tend the garden, and periodically reroof the house.

I also enjoy doing the finances, taxes, and design a web page or two, and long walks on the beach. (dunno where that last one came from - just seemed to pop in there).

So, give me the big projects and don't worry, I will clean as I go and clean up at the end of the job. As much as I hate cleaning up, I love stepping back and admiring a job well done (and I can't do that without cleaning).

Was the deer ok? Should we be calling PETA? :giggle:

Glad you guys were all ok. My brother did the same thing many years ago. Totaled the engine plus the deer got up and ran off.

This deer got up and ran in the woods too. That helped my kids alot! Headlight, grill, bumper, and radiator need replacing :Ohno:

This deer got up and ran in the woods too. That helped my kids alot! Headlight, grill, bumper, and radiator need replacing :Ohno:

Yikes! Wait... does that qualify as a hit-n-run? Tell the kids that the deer got a ticket for causing the accident and fleeing the scene of an accident. :giggle:

Cheetah - my daughter is not the neatest person in this house either. Also, I may be OCD for organization, but it isn't happening here in MIL's house. And, with my OCD, I have inherited my father's passion for being a pack-rat. I mean really, somewhere in a box I must still have the frog skeleton from my Biology II advanced class. His name was Hermann. :lol:

Cheetah - my daughter is not the neatest person in this house either. Also, I may be OCD for organization, but it isn't happening here in MIL's house. And, with my OCD, I have inherited my father's passion for being a pack-rat. I mean really, somewhere in a box I must still have the frog skeleton from my Biology II advanced class. His name was Hermann. :lol:

I'm actually neater than my girlfriend. :shock: For gosh sakes, throw out that frog skeleton!!! I cannot stand being a pack rat. Besides, my place is too small to be a pack rat.

Back