Pregnancies/Deliveries

my thread got locked :( I made a poll and 9 people said yes - 2 said no......I think we should get Alex to create a forum.... why they are more concerned for nude forum than for a parenting forum which is more educating....

Pls don't post anything off-topic here. Just PM Alex and let him know about this thread as an example. Good luck. :thumb:

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
hope I dont get pregnant any time soon.......I am afraid of needles

Haha! I was like that at first, but I overcame my fear of needles by facing it.

When the doctor explained to me what epirdual shot is like, I panicked! My husband soothed me to calm down. When the time came, I was kinda worn out and relaxed, the doctor simply inserted a needle (I didn't see what it looks like) into my tailbone. I didn't even feel anything!! I was surprised to find that out. Whew.

Second one was a piece of cake, because I knew I won't feel a thing, and it did happen again. No pain. The reason I didn't feel the pain from the needle is because I was focusing on my contractions. That is more painful than the needles. Any mothers agree with me on this?

Originally posted by ChelEler

When the doctor explained to me what epirdual shot is like, I panicked! My husband soothed me to calm down. When the time came, I was kinda worn out and relaxed, the doctor simply inserted a needle (I didn't see what it looks like) into my tailbone. I didn't even feel anything!! I was surprised to find that out. Whew.

Second one was a piece of cake, because I knew I won't feel a thing, and it did happen again. No pain. The reason I didn't feel the pain from the needle is because I was focusing on my contractions. That is more painful than the needles. Any mothers agree with me on this?

well I have a big phobia of needles.......one time for my MS shot which is one shot on both arms.....I fought back and it took three nurses to hold me down and I was I think 17 and they won cuz the doctor came in and said what is going on and I had to stop moving so I could read his lips and wham the nurses got me on both arms at the same time.........Afterwards I wouldnt let go of my arms and I cried for a hour......gave my mom an evil look........

The reason I didn't feel the pain from the needle is because I was focusing on my contractions. That is more painful than the needles. Any mothers agree with me on this?

:werd:

I heard they can knock you out and they can take the baby out (from the vagina not c section) you dont have to do the labor process.......

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
I heard they can knock you out and they can take the baby out (from the vagina not c section) you dont have to do the labor process.......

:eek: I don't think I want to do that...its wonderful to know the experience giving birth awake. :)

Originally posted by ~Heather~
:eek: I don't think I want to do that...its wonderful to know the experience giving birth awake. :)

:werd: I would rather stay awake all the way through. Thank you very much! :mrgreen: Heh.

Pregnant? I haven't yet experienced the wonderful motherhood. I will in about 6 years or so hopefully (I've got time since I'm still 20 right now).

I don't like needles either myself... But I will brave myself if I must get any (like two summers ago, I had to get hepetitis B vaccines for my lifeguard job, I braved the needle by focusing my mind on someone else that I liked at the time to keep my mind busy). It wasn't so bad (the first two time was painless and the third time got a bit painful but no biggie cuz i'm done with that now). I still tend to get a bit nervous when I have to get my shots but it's better than what it used to be. Once I was crying and yelling at the age of like 16 cuz I had to get a shot.

Good luck, and you don't have to have needle sticking into you while you're in labor, but hey, they will make the contraction pain less than without shots. Again, good luck! ;)

Good luck, and you don't have to have needle sticking into you while you're in labor, but hey, they will make the contraction pain less than without shots. Again, good luck! ;)

Like I said, I won't get pregnant for about up to 6 more years anyways... Cuz I'm not ready finiancially for having a child, plus I'm not even married.

Originally posted by deafgal01
Like I said, I won't get pregnant for about up to 6 more years anyways... Cuz I'm not ready finiancially for having a child, plus I'm not even married.

Point taken already before you even posted this last one. :thumb: Just telling you good luck in the future. :kiss:

:werd:

I have IV on my hand stay there til baby was born next morning I got bruise on my hand, hurt.., it went away few days :)

Funny, my husband never had got shot before and recently got sick went ER got shot his butt he said when IN no pain but OUT really pain there is bruise :laugh2:

Heh My Alicia (new born niece) came home today. She is 11pounds and 7oz. Big baby. My sis told me that they had problems take her out cuz she was to big. She was stuck. After they finally got her out. Her heart stopped for 7 min but brought her back life. Thats the reason my sis didnt sue the doctor. She is happy that Alicia is alive.

Originally posted by Wolfboy
Heh My Alicia (new born niece) came home today. She is 11pounds and 7oz. Big baby. My sis told me that they had problems take her out cuz she was to big. She was stuck. After they finally got her out. Her heart stopped for 7 min but brought her back life. Thats the reason my sis didnt sue the doctor. She is happy that Alicia is alive.
Congratulations!!! As long as the baby is alive and hopefully healthy.

Wow, 11 lbs too big mine 6 lbs 10 oz. had her been stitched? if u dont know, never mind :mrgreen: mine haven't hope neither another baby :fingersx:

I was 7-11 when I was born. 11..damn, that is a small child, not an infant.

Back