Prayers and good thoughts for a friend are needed

I'm ok. He, not so much.

I have another update:

It's not bad news, but it's not good news, either.

He's still critical in a drug induced coma. They have him on life support, but tried to wean him off the day before yesterday. He IS showing signs of being able to breathe on his own, but they aren't ready to completely wean him off the venilator right now.

He has massive injuries to overcome. In addition to his brain injury, his face is pretty much powdered. He broke several facial bones and will need reconstructive surgery. He also has open fractures of his arms and legs. This means that he broke bones and they came out through his skin causing wounds.

There's no prognosis right now. It's wait and see. They are treating him for infection and just keeping him stable right now.

Prayers and good thoughts are still needed. I also have details of the accident. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thank you to everybody.

oh man i am sorry
sound so painful hugs you

OB, sorry about your friend and hope that he recovers ok!

My brother once had a bad motorcycle accident hit by a drunken woman who also did hit others several times before and after even! She went to the jail last time I heard. My brother had a broken leg and lost a pint of blood. His ex-girlfriend was also with her and was knocked off quite far off and had a broken leg, also. He then quit for good.

I had motorcycle accidents twice in my life while few brushes but none serious. One time I couldn't see the pothole in the night time and hit then 'cartwheeled' few times wearing a helmet... only got a skin scalp (now scarred) on my right hand wrist and helmet had stretch on the forehead... just was so lucky.

So I used to love it but knew how dangerous it is! After two full years of riding, I then decided no more riding road motorcycles... simply too dangerous. Trust me that it ain't worth to risk your life - who knows anyone careless hitting you especially. I am mere sure that your friend will quit for good, likely.

Hi. How is your friend's feeling today? I hope he get well soon.

Ohh no! I am sorry about your friend is on coma. I am praying for him. Do you know how long he is on coma?

I'm guessing he's been on coma since OB posted the story on 11-02-09. Looks like 9 days so far... My friend's friend's bf had similar motorcycle accident few months ago and he was in coma for about 3 weeks. He finally woke up a month ago or so but he has a very very very long way to go.... He suffered a serious brain damage. Even though he wore a helmet but he fell down hard on street and the pick-up truck from incoming direction ran over his helmet....

oye..... oye.....

I'm guessing he's been on coma since OB posted the story on 11-02-09. Looks like 9 days so far... My friend's friend's bf had similar motorcycle accident few months ago and he was in coma for about 3 weeks. He finally woke up a month ago or so but he has a very very very long way to go.... He suffered a serious brain damage. Even though he wore a helmet but he fell down hard on street and the pick-up truck from incoming direction ran over his helmet....

oye..... oye.....

:shock::jaw: Oh no! It's so terrible. Is he on live support machine at ICU?

oye..... oye.....

Sounds crazy... Although I was in coma from the motorcycle accident too, I think I was in there for alittle more than a week, but can't remember what it feel like due to my age. I did not even use the helmet during on the motorcycle..

Sounds crazy... Although I was in coma from the motorcycle accident too, I think I was in there for alittle more than a week, but can't remember what it feel like due to my age. I did not even use the helmet during on the motorcycle..

Please lets stay on topic. This isn't about motorcycle accidents or safety. It's about my friend. If you want to create a topic related to this, go for it. But, please lets keep responses related to my friend and his recovery.

Thank you. :)

Please lets stay on topic. This isn't about motorcycle accidents or safety. It's about my friend. If you want to create a topic related to this, go for it. But, please lets keep responses related to my friend and his recovery.

Thank you. :)

Oh I just have the similar experience as your friend, but sorry for being off-topic.

I do hope your friend get better soon :)

Oh I just have the similar experience as your friend, but sorry for being off-topic.

I do hope your friend get better soon :)

Thank you. It's tough. He was incredibly healthy before the accident. I'm really sad about it all.

Another update:

We just got another update on my friends condition.

It's both encouraging and discouraging.

The good news is, they lightened the medications they were giving him that kept him in the drug induced coma. As a result, he has started responding by moving his limbs when asked to do so. They also removed the probe used to moniter his intra-cranial pressure.

The bad news:

Infection has set in. They did a spinal tap and are treating him for meningitis. I'm not sure what this will do to his mental status, but it doesn't sound good. Overall, he is still stable, though.

I'm not surprised that he has an infection now. He has a skull fracture and multiple other fractures; including open fractures (where the bones broke and came out thru the skin causing open wounds) of his limbs. All of which is a good breeding ground for bacteria to breed in.

He has a long way to go before he's out of the woods. *sigh* Makes me sad.

Another update:

We just got another update on my friends condition.

It's both encouraging and discouraging.

The good news is, they lightened the medications they were giving him that kept him in the drug induced coma. As a result, he has started responding by moving his limbs when asked to do so. They also removed the probe used to moniter his intra-cranial pressure.

The bad news:

Infection has set in. They did a spinal tap and are treating him for meningitis. I'm not sure what this will do to his mental status, but it doesn't sound good. Overall, he is still stable, though.

I'm not surprised that he has an infection now. He has a skull fracture and multiple other fractures; including open fractures (where the bones broke and came out thru the skin causing open wounds) of his limbs. All of which is a good breeding ground for bacteria to breed in.

He has a long way to go before he's out of the woods. *sigh* Makes me sad.

I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts.

Back