Prayers and good thoughts for a friend are needed

Oh no! I am sorry to hear about your friend. I'm pray for him to heal from injury.

Thank you, Jiro.

I really don't want the debate (any debate) in this thread. However, if someone wants to create a thread about safety while riding, it's fine with me. :)

oh no. no debate at all from me. just saying I hear a handful of stories like yours so I try my best to reduce my likelihood of sustaining injuries like your friend. Please do give us a glimpse of this accident when you can and I'm glad to hear that he's in stable condition.

Glad to see you were able to create your thread. As I told you before, you and your friend and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

oh no. no debate at all from me. just saying I hear a handful of stories like yours so I try my best to reduce my likelihood of sustaining injuries like your friend. Please do give us a glimpse of this accident when you can and I'm glad to hear that he's in stable condition.

I'll post details of the accident as soon as I get them. Right now, I'm getting info second hand from my Mother's emails. She said she would call J. I suppose I'll hear more about how the accident then.

I'm still in shock, actually. I didn't expect this and it's sad. He's a good guy .

I am sorry about what happen to your friend I will pray for him

Oh my dear... I´m very sorry about your friend and hope everything goes smooth for him. My thoughts are continue with your friend and family. :hug:

ouch. :( definitely in my thoughts, ocean. how is he and are you today?

:hug:

ouch. :( definitely in my thoughts, ocean. how is he and are you today?

:hug:

I'm ok. He, not so much.

I have another update:

It's not bad news, but it's not good news, either.

He's still critical in a drug induced coma. They have him on life support, but tried to wean him off the day before yesterday. He IS showing signs of being able to breathe on his own, but they aren't ready to completely wean him off the venilator right now.

He has massive injuries to overcome. In addition to his brain injury, his face is pretty much powdered. He broke several facial bones and will need reconstructive surgery. He also has open fractures of his arms and legs. This means that he broke bones and they came out through his skin causing wounds.

There's no prognosis right now. It's wait and see. They are treating him for infection and just keeping him stable right now.

Prayers and good thoughts are still needed. I also have details of the accident. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thank you to everybody.

Last edited:
Ekk... I was an victim of serious motorcycle accident too at my 4th age, hope your friend feel better..

I'm ok. He, not so much.

I have another update:

He's still critical in a drug induced coma. They have him on life support, but tried to wean him off the day before yesterday. He IS showing signs of being able to breathe on his own, but they aren't ready to completely wean him off the venilator right now.

He has massive injuries to overcome. In addition to his brain injury, his face is pretty much powdered. He broke several facial bones and will need reconstructive surgery. He also has open fractures of his arms and legs. This means that he broke bones and they came out through his skin causing wounds.

There's no prognosis right now. It's wait and see. They are treating him for infection and just keeping him stable right now.

Prayers and good thoughts are still needed. I also have details of the accident. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thank you to everybody.
that's good news if he's able to breathe on his own. I would think its good news that he's still alive regardless of all the damage he has on him. just got to be thankful that it wasn't just more damage than it already has. I'm still thinking of him and hope for the best. all will heal at times but may never be the same. thanks for the update

that's good news if he's able to breathe on his own. I would think its good news that he's still alive regardless of all the damage he has on him. just got to be thankful that it wasn't just more damage than it already has. I'm still thinking of him and hope for the best. all will heal at times but may never be the same. thanks for the update

He's showing signs that he's able to, but they haven't weaned him from the vent yet. He's still on full ventilator support as of now . Time will tell.

Thank you.

Oceanbreeze,

Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

He's showing signs that he's able to, but they haven't weaned him from the vent yet. He's still on full ventilator support as of now . Time will tell.

Thank you.

That's a good sign, although being still critical, I hope it will turn out for the better in the end.

By the way, The thread is 'sticky' for the time being.

That's a good sign, although being still critical, I hope it will turn out for the better in the end.

By the way, The thread is 'sticky' for the time being.

Thank you, Jolie. He has so much to overcome. Infection is the biggest worry right now. He has open fractures that will need to be fixed in surgery. He has broken ribs. It was a nasty, nasty accident. :(

I'm ok. He, not so much.

I have another update:

Thank you to everybody.

Yikes! That sounds really painful! I hope he makes it!

Back