Prayers and good thoughts for a friend are needed

I am a rehab physician and have seen people come throught this type of injury and worse. Hang in there. Know that there was never a time in history where someone had a better chance of recovery than today.

I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts.

I am a rehab physician and have seen people come throught this type of injury and worse. Hang in there. Know that there was never a time in history where someone had a better chance of recovery than today.

Thank you both. :)

Meningitis has been confirmed, so they're treating him aggressively with antibiotics . Will update when we hear more on his progress.

I came to this thread a bit late but I just want to wish your friend well as his injuries sound horrific and painful and I will keep him in my thoughts. Let us know how he recovers, OB.

I came to this thread a bit late but I just want to wish your friend well as his injuries sound horrific and painful and I will keep him in my thoughts. Let us know how he recovers, OB.

Will do. Mercifully, he's not feeling pain. He's been in a coma since the accident, so he doesn't feel anything at this point. The coma is drug induced, and they tried to bring him out of it. Because he has meningitis, they increased the meds again and he has stopped responding to commands.

Ocean,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm continuing to keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Ocean,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm continuing to keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Thank you. I have a surprising update.

He is conscience now and off the ventilator. He's talking, but incoherently. His wife says it could be the pain meds they have him on. It might be his brain injury, too. We don't know, but he his daughter has been to see him and he recognized her; called her by name. I'm encouraged. :)

He is conscience now and off the ventilator. He's talking, but incoherently. His wife says it could be the pain meds they have him on. It might be his brain injury, too. We don't know, but he his daughter has been to see him and he recognized her; called her by name. I'm encouraged. :)

That's wonderful, Ocean! :D That's a good start, right?

:welcome: back to life! very good to hear.

:welcome: back to life! very good to hear.

Exactly! He seems to be responding more and more. Not sure what is going on with the infection, but it sounds like they have it under control. He also may be trached. His face is pretty badly damaged, so they may have trached him to assist with breathing. I'm not sure when, but they plan to take him back into surgery to fix some of the fractures that he has.

I'm glad to hear that he seems to be recovering from his accident. I don't suppose he's out of the woods yet though. Keep us updated. :)

Back