Postmaster General: Mail days may need to be cut

my suburban post office must not have alot of business because whenever i've been there around 4:45pm or so, there aren't many people in line.

Well, how about holidays like Christmas ? Aren't they goin' to work fully 7 days a week ? Of course, there's some reliefs to take over while the other reliefs to go home. I used to work at P.O. in the past.

Well, how about holidays like Christmas ? Aren't they goin' to work fully 7 days a week ? Of course, there's some reliefs to take over while the other reliefs to go home. I used to work at P.O. in the past.

doesn't P.O. close on Christmas Day? they don't work on federal holidays.

PO is closed on Christmas day, even though EVERYTHING is closed on Christmas day :lol:

PO is closed on Christmas day, even though EVERYTHING is closed on Christmas day :lol:

no, they don't. christmas, new year's day, martin luther king day and president's day to name a few.

exactly. that's why I was :scratch: about Maria's mod. It's funny that she would ask such confusing question since she used to work for P.O. :shrug:

It would be bad news for Netflix that I wouldn't able to receive or send in mail on Saturday.

If other parcel services become more popular, their prices will drop because they are making more money because of volume. I don't think we have anything to worry about. Other carriers are actually getting closer in price each time the USPS raises its rates, and it's getting to the point where the only thing that I ever get from them is junk mail that goes straight into the trash. Two things can cause the prices of alternative carriers to decrease: reduced convenience on the part of the USPS (in this case, by reducing delivery days and closing post office locations), and USPS raising rates, which they do all the time. More people use the other carriers. Those other carriers therefore make more money, and then lower their rates as a result of making more money.

If that sounds unconcluded to you, don't worry, I'm gonna see a psychiatrist soon who will hopefully realign my brain.

The good old USPS do NOT get any tax dollars. Since they're a quasi-government
corporation self-supporting by sales of stamps and others, the Budget of the U.S. in GPO Access Home Page mentioned the Postal Service had no tax dollars.
I've been arguing with deaf post office employees in MD about this. They don't beleive. they are paid well with nice houses and nice cars but the most boring jobs in the world.

Why shove the junk mail when they are all stuffed in the daily newspaper. I get the same crap in the mail that I do in the newspaper.

Other carriers don't get tax dollars either. I don't see where that point came from or where it's leading.

I spoke with the rural carrier (in my area) about this and she said they just talk but they haven't decided yet.

The good old USPS do NOT get any tax dollars. Since they're a quasi-government
corporation self-supporting by sales of stamps and others, the Budget of the U.S. in GPO Access Home Page mentioned the Postal Service had no tax dollars.
I've been arguing with deaf post office employees in MD about this. They don't beleive. they are paid well with nice houses and nice cars but the most boring jobs in the world.

Duray, you are absolutely correct. It's Quasi-Government. Only employees are Federal and MGMT are Private. Employees make good pay but to be honest, some have nice home and cars, some don't cuz of debt, child almonity (spelling), or gambling plm. I was asst supervisor for 7 yrs on/off. I know how PO works.

Interesting that u argued with deaf po employees that po is quasi and yet they don't believe. Sheesh!

Tell them to check ACE website at workstation computer and do a digging, there r plenty of info of PO Quasi-Government!!

There will be changes internally and externally soon or as I speaks. In few locations, MGMT and Employees are directly impacted by Consoliation (combine workforce to another stable location and close the plant that cost PO $$$ yearly to save money. Employees are lucky to still have jobs but days off and reporting time even location are unknown until they are being called to office according to their Seniority to pick jobs in any locations. Mgmt will lose their position either go back to craft or apply outside of po. It's much scarier for MgMt than employees. I had a heartbreaking feelings for employees who are junior under me. To be honest, it's very sad and somber environment when top mgmt came and had big meeting with employees that they be excessed up to 800 miles radius for new location.

It would be difficult situation that economic is in bad shape and how can they sell their home and relocate. This is a tough time for them.

Catty

Back