Please say a prayer for a close friend of mine...

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my schoolmates whom Ive known for years and went to church with was in a severe car accident today.

He is in critical condition with severe head and chest trauma and major internal bleeding. They have Medi-Flighted him to Little Rock, AR.

What happened was he missed a curve and went down a very steep embankment. No one saw the wreck, and because he went down the ravine so far no one noticed the truck until someone who noticed a piece of his truck and called 911. The engine was cold so he had been there for two hours at least. They had to get the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle.

He is a very good friend to me as well as me being close with his family as well.

Please send some god vibes his way. His name is Matt Papasan, and only about 1-2 years younger than me.

I will pray for your friend. I hope he recovers.

I am sorry to hear that and I will do my praying and thought go to you and his families. :hug:

Thank you.

He is still in critical condition in Little Rock. He has two collapsed lungs, broken ribs, stomach impalement, swelling and bleeding of the brain. I have no idea if he's in a coma or in a drug-induced coma. But either way given the brain injuries they want him as still as possible.

They are waiting for the surgical team to arrive to begin the necessary interventions that may save his life.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I will pray for your friend.

Mod Note:
This thread is sticky for time being.

I am praying for his recovering and to help him get through his surgery. Just hang it there with him. I am sorry that he had to go through the accident and now he is in the hospital fighting for his life. Is your classmate Deaf or Hearing? :hug: :fingersx:

Sending you and your friend good thoughts. Hope he will be okay.

Ohhhh...*hugs* I'm sorry to hear about your friend being in a severe injury. I hope he will recover and get through all that. It is really painful, for sure. :(

I am praying for his recovering and to help him get through his surgery. Just hang it there with him. I am sorry that he had to go through the accident and now he is in the hospital fighting for his life. Is your classmate Deaf or Hearing? :hug: :fingersx:
He is hearing, we attended the same school where I was mainstreamed.

The latest that I have is that he is in ICU at UAMS in Little Rock AR. They have stabilized him at present, he has fluid on his stomach which they are worried about possible infection, and he has tubes on his sides to drain fluid from his lungs.

They are also waiting for the pressure on his brain to go down.

We've got people praying for him from all over. Even folks from out of state have sent prayers and well-wishes.

Another hearing classmate of mine just got home from visiting him in the hospital and said that they had just moved him to ICU.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and that person during the difficult time.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, my prayers and thoughts to your friend and those who knows him.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I sure, hope he makes it and pulls through this.

Thanks everyone. He had a good night last night and his vitals were improving throughout the day today. They had to drill a hole in his skull to relieve some of the pressure off his brain, and they will try waking him from his drug-induced coma tomorrow. Today was a very crucial day and thankfully he's made it thus far.

He isn't out of the woods yet, so please say continued prayers for him. Tomorrow Im afraid we will begin to see the extent of his brain inuries.

The latest is that he was taken in for an MRI today but Ive not heard the results yet. They also removed a clot from his right lung. His airway is the main concern right now. He also has a fever but they havent determined an infection yet. They had planned to wake him today but I am unsure if they actually did or not. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better update to provide. Keep praying, those lungs have got to start functioning!

DIXIE, I don't know if you know me, I'm Matt Ornsbey, I talk to him all the time at the store and I went to Danville School, let me know how he's doing.

thanks. ttyl

OMG, wow, I wasnt expecting you here on AD.com

Matt, they have updates on the other Matt (Papasan) on Facebook, and Ive been keeping everyone here posted so they can keep praying.

I dont have any major updates as of this morning. As soon as I find out something I'll post it here and send you a message. You should be able to 'subscribe' to this thread so you are updated when a new reply is posted here.

For everyone else, Ornesby1981 is a schoolmate I went to school with. He actually graduated with my brother's class which was two years ahead of me, but the school was, and still is, so tiny that everyone knows everyone.

I wasn't expecting him here, but he's friendly so let's welcome Matt Ornesby to the AD.com gang.

So very sorry...! With loving and kindness, I send prayer through you to your friend.

Back