Petition against "dirty signs" book publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly..... :thumb: We all get to pick our battles

battles? you're not even part of it. in fact... you don't care at all. that's what saddens me.

Fungus-Gnats.jpg

Oh, Jiro, that would be a wonderful idea to get our ISL back again. But for that it is all a dream. No chance of getting that. **sigh** Wish it could happen right on the reservation or First Nation Reserve. I am dreaming now. :D

Let's blame us! Blame Deaf Community! Blame ASL! Blame us, and you too! Seriously. I fail to see how it would be Deaf Community's fault or ASL itself.

Ridiculous.

No, the point is.....people misspeak and and misuse languages all the time....sometimes they even parody languages. Just look at the way the Go Go Gophers cartoon or F Troop made fun of Indians....or even Mel Brooks in Blazzin Saddles.

Point is it happens to everyone....no need to get so upset.
But.....what about the thread with the deaf lady trying to pronounce "pneumonia" correctly? Why was she chastised for wanting to give up her speech therapy?

But.....what about the thread with the deaf lady trying to pronounce "pneumonia" correctly? Why was she chastised for wanting to give up her speech therapy?

I don't know if I saw that thread..doesn't ring a bell.

I don't know if I saw that thread..doesn't ring a bell.
I thought it was in a thread by coolgirlspyer90, about her parents wanting her to continue speech therapy but I can't find it. Must be my old age, the heat, or my study schedule that's effecting my memory. :giggle:

I thought it was in a thread by coolgirlspyer90, about her parents wanting her to continue speech therapy but I can't find it. Must be my old age, the heat, or my study schedule that's effecting my memory. :giggle:

It's locked and parts deleted, and , I can remember Tx and Koko in it, no matter how long they wish to deny.

It was. It's long gone.

It's locked and parts deleted, and , I can remember Tx and Koko in it, no matter how long they wish to deny.

Umm, I didnt deny anything. I very well may have participated in the thread. I said it doesnt ring a bell.

Umm, I didnt deny anything. I very well may have participated in the thread. I said it doesnt ring a bell.

Better get that checked out. It was only a few days ago. Start writing down all of your passwords, as well.

Better get that checked out. It was only a few days ago. Start writing down all of your passwords, as well.

Ah yes, that helps me understand what you are referring to. Good job.

I wasn't referring to Koko's point.....but rather the point in general. Indians's get parodied as do orientals, Spanish speakers, Jamacans,surfers, people from NY, people from Boston, people from Savaannah, people from Louisiana....even people from Texas. Its common. Check on the old Benny Hill show sometime. That was my point.

the welsh most parnoid,i believe there wsl now...we could end up going into overkill and isolate each other..i using welsh example if the few deaf in wales who use only welsh sign they going be very lonely

Let's blame us! Blame Deaf Community! Blame ASL! Blame us, and you too! Seriously. I fail to see how it would be Deaf Community's fault or ASL itself.

Ridiculous.

Hey! Hey! What is going on, Karissa? I am not blaming on anything. But the way Kristin (the author of the "Dirty Signs") is making us look bad if she is trying to explain how to sign dirty signs and that would be offended. I want ASL and I want the Deaf communities. But there are some discussion that have to air out.

But the way you said above is what puzzle me that I don't get what you are trying to explain. Can you clarify that for me? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back