Permanment or temporary?

why the hell you sayin Deaf Power when you clearly dont know the significance of it, SEE is for Hearing, it is THEIR idea of sign 'language' or system it isn't originated by/in Deaf people's historical makings...
SEE is not for the hearing. The "hearing" can access English auditorily. SEE was created with individuals who were both Deaf and hearing.
Many ASL signs were retained, and some expanded on to provide signs for individual words and synonyms (for example) in the English language.

, no im not say you are evil, silly bat, im saying the SEE system its from teh Evil hearing peoples arrogance of what they thinks it best for us, they had no right to assume what our language is...they never asked..[/QUOTE]

Really? Evil hearing people, huh? Is that how you view majority of society? As evil? Quite sad.

As to your last statement that those evil hearing people never asked the Deaf when creating SEE, that is factually incorrect.

There were hearing, Deaf, and CODA's involved in the creation of SEE.

SEE was not created to take away the language of the Deaf. It was created to be another tool in teaching DHH individuals the English language. Like it or not, a person needs to have a mastery of English to go far in this world. Sure, there are always exceptions. 99.9% of the time, if you aren't fluent in English that will prevent you from being successful in the career world. If a person doesn't like or enjoy learning English through the use of SEE as a supplement, fine. No problem. But, there is absolutely no reason to say that SEE is evil or bad. The fact is it can be a very successful tool in assisting a DHH child to obtain a mastery of the English language.
I'm tired of people saying that it was created to take away from the Deaf. It wasn't. It was created as an additional tool to assist in learning English. Again, you don't like it? Fine! That's okay!! But people need to stop portraying it as something that it never was.

why the hell you sayin Deaf Power when you clearly dont know the significance of it, SEE is for Hearing, it is THEIR idea of sign 'language' or system it isn't originated by/in Deaf people's historical makings...
SEE is not for the hearing. The "hearing" can access English auditorily. SEE was created with individuals who were both Deaf and hearing.
Many ASL signs were retained, and some expanded on to provide signs for individual words and synonyms (for example) in the English language.

, no im not say you are evil, silly bat, im saying the SEE system its from teh Evil hearing peoples arrogance of what they thinks it best for us, they had no right to assume what our language is...they never asked..[/QUOTE]

Really? Evil hearing people, huh? Is that how you view majority of society? As evil? Quite sad.

As to your last statement that those evil hearing people never asked the Deaf when creating SEE, that is factually incorrect.

SEE was not created to take away the language of the Deaf. It was created to be another tool in teaching DHH individuals the English language. Like it or not, a person needs to have a mastery of English to go far in this world. Sure, there are always exceptions. 99.9% of the time, if you aren't fluent in English that will prevent you from being successful in the career world. If a person doesn't like or enjoy learning English through the use of SEE as a supplement, fine. No problem. But, there is absolutely no reason to say that SEE is evil or bad. The fact is it can be a very successful tool in assisting a DHH child to obtain a mastery of the English language.
I'm tired of people saying that it was created to take away from the Deaf. It wasn't. It was created as an additional tool to assist in learning English. Again, you don't like it? Fine! That's okay!! But people need to stop portraying it as something that it never was.

That would be fine if SEE was just used as a teaching tool... more often than not it's used as a replacement for ASL.

sorry i beg to differ, you dont know shit

sorry i beg to differ, you dont know shit

Oh, well :ty: but I beg to differ as well with your last statement.

Instead of resorting to insults, why don't you demonstrate that I don't know shit? Please provide a link to any information that shows no Deaf were involved in the creation of SEE, and that it was created to replace ASL. I look forward to your documentation.

Instead of resorting to insults, why don't you demonstrate that I don't know shit? Please provide a link to any information that shows no Deaf were involved in the creation of SEE, and that it was created to replace ASL. I look forward to your documentation.

"SEE is a language"

there you go.

Oh, well :ty: but I beg to differ as well with your last statement.

You really want to go that route again? We have demonstrated it and you decided not to take it.

There were several members who were deaf who have constantly criticized the Deaf community for not liking their way of signing which was SEE. Then, it escalated to how SEE was better than ASL or something about "if those in the deaf community dont want to sign in MY way, then they are not worth it." Something about how they should sign in SEE when chatting with them. It is all vague and then arguments broke out about not respecting ASL and them saying that ASL was broken English...blah blah.

blah blah. Ha ha. I got you on the spot. U got the trouble in the deaf law. :shock: :giggle:

Probably, it has nothing to do with the differences. It depends how smart the person is. That's my thought. No harm. Be peace.

I come here back and forth to keep my balance. No permanant or temporary.

blah blah. Ha ha. I got you on the spot. U got the trouble in the deaf law. :shock: :giggle:

Probably, it has nothing to do with the differences. It depends how smart the person is. That's my thought. No harm. Be peace.

I come here back and forth to keep my balance. No permanant or temporary.

huh?

You really want to go that route again? We have demonstrated it and you decided not to take it.

I don't know what "route" you are referring to. The only thing that was demonstrated to me was that some individuals who are Deaf hate SEE. I get it. I've also met a number of people who are Deaf, used SEE as a child and attributed it to their strong English skills. Also in terms of deciding to "not take it"- I presume your talking about ASL and that is also wrong. As I said before, we are transitioning to ASL which was always a part of the master plan.

The horse has been beaten to a massive bloody pulp regarding SEE.

I was told that it depends on how smart a student is because of her/his background education like a good life and good parents.

My opinion is that the old days the education programs were definitely failure. The teachers were forced to follow the policies no matter how much they hate it. They required to follow their duty. (My teacher said that to me.) Over the years, the education system changed a little bit - I am not exact sure how much it changed.

I really think that it has nothing to do with any kind forms of sign languages. It is all about the good education in the right time and right place. It is more likely at home with good conversations with parents and good books, etc. Friendly environment. Don't you think that this could be true?

Many people said that ASL is better than SEE because it is short and faster. I can understand that. It is like for an example in English - "How are you?" A short way in ASL - "How're you?" It is almost like, in hearing world, northern people and southern people have a little different accents. I find that fantastic.

I admit to tell you that hearing world do not accept deaf people with ASL at work. They cannot discriminate them because of the law. They care about them if they can use their voice. This is so cruel and appalling.

What's appalling is that Shel's thread got hijacked.

What's appalling is that Shel's thread got hijacked.

Uh... I looked up her original post. I didn't started it. Some of them misunderstood her comment. Anyway, it is interesting that they bought up their comments. That's all. :D

Just to adress the various statements regarding SEE. Appropriate article to read, published in January 2011.

http://docs.docstoc.com/pdf/2645615/8c1c850e-fb2a-4ba5-81aa-c41251540ef7.pdf

Also to note, page 7 provides some of the history of SEE. Makes reference to Gerilee Gustason who was an integral part of it and...is Deaf.

I started another thread if anyone would like to read the article and comment there so this thread can get back on topic ;-)

http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-educati...wareness-reading-achievement.html#post1930418

As for me being permanent or temporary... Well as others have said I'll be as permanent as life is...

Recurring temporary - same with most forums that I've frequented, I typically stick around and reply for a while, then get distracted by something else (new books that's taking up most of my time, new video games, new projects at work, etc), and forget to look around for a few months, then remember and check back and stick around for a bit, etc. I lurk much more than I reply, though.

Back