People with CI in stores, etc.

ClearSky

Reaction score
I saw an older woman with a Nucleus CI. I have a question, her hair was the pepper colored and her CI was beige colored. I know they come in gray to blend well with the hair. I wonder why some CIers do not blend their implant with their hair color but choose a the beige which I think is standard color. I know they ask you for the color you want before they order it, so I don't get it.

Oh, come on let's wait and see for a real answer...maybe someone who actually doesn't blend it with their hair knows the answer.

That does not mean I want to know about the people that do colored like pink, blue, yellow, etc. CI. I mean, when it comes to natural hair color blending and you know the person's not really showing off their implant with beige.

Oh, come on let's wait and see for a real answer...maybe someone who actually doesn't blend it with their hair knows the answer.

That does not mean I want to know about the people that do colored like pink, blue, yellow, etc. CI. I mean, when it comes to natural hair color blending and you know the person's not really showing off their implant with beige.

Mine is dark brown I think the color is siena. My hair is not that dark, but there was an option for me. It was the only color available.

this person might have had her CI for awhile and maybe before her hair turned gray.

Are the colors of the BTE interchangable? I thought you could change them for Nucleus? She did seem to have the moderm headpiece.

I have gray hair and though my speech processor is gray, my coil isn't gray at all. it's a dark red color. There are times when I wish i could take apart the plastic cases and then put in a differently colored case for my CI. I'm leaning toward blue at the moment. I will just settle for changing the coil cover when I want a different color.

I saw an older woman with a Nucleus CI. I have a question, her hair was the pepper colored and her CI was beige colored. I know they come in gray to blend well with the hair. I wonder why some CIers do not blend their implant with their hair color but choose a the beige which I think is standard color. I know they ask you for the color you want before they order it, so I don't get it.

Mine is beige because since my hair is short, I don't want the appearance of it extending over my ear, so I chose one close to my skin color. The woman was probably thinking the same.

That's one reasonable excuse.

For me, I don't really see any need of getting different color hearing aids or other assistive devices. Since these devices are something for everyday use, they should be in a color that's neutral. If the cost was a lot less, then getting more colors would be reasonable.

For instance, glasses are cheaper. It's better to pick a color that looks good with everything. In most cases, it would be black, brown, silver, gold, brass, etc. However, some people feel that they have to "stand out" and get the most unusual color such as pink, red, blue, etc. But, these people usually have more than one glasses and one of them is neutral.

With hearing aids, they're expensive. So, would it look professional going to work with a pink or blue hearing aid? It doesn't match your outfit. It distracts others from communicating with you. If you have special stickers that can come on and off, great. If it's permanent, then why get it? :dunno:

Vampy, actually the reason why I don't like the skin tone is b/c it's UGLY.
Why go with beige? Why not better colors like black, silver etc.
Yes, some of the little kid colors don't look "professional"...........but then again, it's all in presentation you know. Like I think that the translucent aids look awesome and professional. Kind of high tech-y looking.

With hearing aids, they're expensive. So, would it look professional going to work with a pink or blue hearing aid? It doesn't match your outfit. It distracts others from communicating with you. If you have special stickers that can come on and off, great. If it's permanent, then why get it? :dunno:

That's one of the reasons why both of my CI processors are black.

First and foremost, it looks professional (but that's just my preference).

Second, it doesn't stand out against my hair. Don't get me wrong...I'm not ashamed of my CIs, but my guide dog is enough of a conversation piece when I'm out in public. :)

When I originally chose the color of my processors, I had a choice of brown, black, beige or gray (pink and blue weren't available at the time). I immediately ruled out beige because it has always been the color of my hearing aids and I wanted something different so that meant choosing between brown or black.

I also thought about selecting a different color (brown) for my second CI so that a friend or family member could easily identify which CI was which but I ended up choosing black since I could mark one CI tactually with tape or other means.

Yep. Or maybe she just doesn't give a dang if it shows or not. (BTW, the beige and darker colors were meant to match skin tone, not hair color.)

Yeah, they were meant to match skin tones, but I find that my black Freedom BTE and coil blended better with my blackish brown hair. If I had gotten a beige BTE and coil it would stand out like a sore thumb even though I am not dark skinned! Plus I find beige to be a UGLY color!

I totally wish that Cochlear offered a wider range of colors than just black, brown, silver, pink, blue, and beige! I know they have microphone covers in about a dozen different colors, but I would like for my entire BTE and coil to be one color. And, the pink BTE was not a very hot pink like I wanted. So I chose black...black goes with everything!

That's one reasonable excuse.

For me, I don't really see any need of getting different color hearing aids or other assistive devices. Since these devices are something for everyday use, they should be in a color that's neutral. If the cost was a lot less, then getting more colors would be reasonable.

For instance, glasses are cheaper. It's better to pick a color that looks good with everything. In most cases, it would be black, brown, silver, gold, brass, etc. However, some people feel that they have to "stand out" and get the most unusual color such as pink, red, blue, etc. But, these people usually have more than one glasses and one of them is neutral.

I want a diamond-studded hearing aid.

I decorate my CI coil with a stick-on earrings that little kids who aren't pierced wear. They come in shapes of star, moon, diamond, square, and other shapes. Right now I have a blue star on my coil! I think it looks cute!

My friend wears cute little butterfly stickers on her BTE and coil, too.

What does that look like? *curious*
Hey go get super glue then go to the diamond place get some diamonds then glue them on yr hearing aids. To copy Paris Hilton cell phone heheheh zzzooooom !!!!!

I have short brown hair but wear a beige bte & coil as they match my skin tone. I don't care if anybody sees my CI - its not something I feel I need to hide.

Yeah, they were meant to match skin tones, but I find that my black Freedom BTE and coil blended better with my blackish brown hair. If I had gotten a beige BTE and coil it would stand out like a sore thumb even though I am not dark skinned! Plus I find beige to be a UGLY color!

I totally wish that Cochlear offered a wider range of colors than just black, brown, silver, pink, blue, and beige! I know they have microphone covers in about a dozen different colors, but I would like for my entire BTE and coil to be one color. And, the pink BTE was not a very hot pink like I wanted. So I chose black...black goes with everything!

Agreed. HA manufacturers have started to offer many different colors. No reason that CI manufactureres shouldn't.

Back