People with CI in stores, etc.

Yep. Or maybe she just doesn't give a dang if it shows or not. (BTW, the beige and darker colors were meant to match skin tone, not hair color.)

I always thought the opposite was true since because there are various colors to match hair color not skin color. Example, no one has gray skin or white skin, so I thought it was meant to coordinate with hair colors.

Vampy,

With Advanced Bionics, the caps for the headpiece alone already comes with different colored caps whether or not you use it, so we do not have to pay more money for different headpiece caps. The BTE color itself is not interchangable for my BTE type. I don't know about the Harmony BTE because I don't have that one.

Mine is beige because since my hair is short, I don't want the appearance of it extending over my ear, so I chose one close to my skin color. The woman was probably thinking the same.

She had short hair, but the headpiece and cable stood out on her head behind, so it didn't make sense. I think her BTE was pretty much covered since even though her hair is short, but long enough on the sides to cover her BTE....does the Nucleus come with gray, brown, beige headpiece?

I understand if like the BTE is the skin color and headpiece plus cable the color of your hair if your hair is very short, but it didn't make sense with the woman I saw. It stood out very much. I don't think she cared cause she seemed to have just popped on her BTE on top of her hair without bothering to cover it.

Sometimes I wonder if people are not informed about the colors or if they haven't gotten feedback from others if it blends as they want it to or not. I don't know, but I know some people really want to stand out if they choose like a colored BTE. I wouldn't think they are trying to stand out with a beige or brown colored BTE because they are pretty standard colors.

Agreed. HA manufacturers have started to offer many different colors. No reason that CI manufactureres shouldn't.

They will, if you voice your ideas even if it takes them awhile to come out with the idea. The companies really want to hear from their customers. Just drop them a line through e-mail.

On my cochlear Freedom the body is beige, the microphone cover is brown and the coil is also brown.

With AB's Harmony BTE's, they do have colored caps that you can change out on the coil and the processor. Mix them up or have them match.

My hearing aids used to be beige. in 3rd grade, I got purple hearing aids, and you could see through the casing, which I thought was NEAT! Claro digital was beige, but later I wished I had gotten the silver. Supero was brown to match my hair, but soon enough I wished I had gotten a different color. Now, my Naida, it's Zebra-style (as you can see in my avatar). I don't care if my hearing aid stands out or not.

My ex-roommate has clear hearing aids, and you could see all the hardware inside them, which I thought was awesome! LOL.

Does it really matter? ;-)

My Processor is beige, the coil is brown to match my hair.

I'm not a "showy" girl that likes to bling stuff. I'm just a simple girl. All the other colors would really stand out for me. If there's different colored COILs, then that's a different story. When I feel like it, I could decorate the coil with stickers.

My ex-roommate has clear hearing aids, and you could see all the hardware inside them,
I had those a few years ago. VERY cool looking. I thought Coachlear had those cool themed covers for cis?

What does that look like? *curious*

Real .5 carat diamonds covering my hearing aids.:dance2:

BTW...I was being silly. I dont really want one cuz that's not my style. If anything, I would love tiny purple hippie flowers all over my HA. :)

Well you know those crystal tatoo thingys? You can use them to decorate an aid!

My CIs...

The coil is brown to match my dirty blond hair and beige to match my skin color. But the "cover" for battery is black.

That's one of the reasons why both of my CI processors are black.

First and foremost, it looks professional (but that's just my preference).

Second, it doesn't stand out against my hair. Don't get me wrong...I'm not ashamed of my CIs, but my guide dog is enough of a conversation piece when I'm out in public. :)

When I originally chose the color of my processors, I had a choice of brown, black, beige or gray (pink and blue weren't available at the time). I immediately ruled out beige because it has always been the color of my hearing aids and I wanted something different so that meant choosing between brown or black.

I also thought about selecting a different color (brown) for my second CI so that a friend or family member could easily identify which CI was which but I ended up choosing black since I could mark one CI tactually with tape or other means.
Black is a good color... also neutral. :)

Back