Pay Raise

How does 50% discount sound to you? :lol: That's half price at anytime of the week and anytime of the year. You can rent a minivan for $31 a day. The gas prices isn't gonna help at all when having a higher wage job by renting a gas guzzler.

Not worth it for me as I dont rent cars often. Maybe once every 5 years whever I go to Phx.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Yea like I said thats your choice. Your life, your money. It is a benefit to me because we love to drive and travel and leaving my car at home.

Then why own a car? If you rent often, then you can save yourself monthly payments and insurance by not owning a car. Just food for thought.

I just learned that I will finally get a raise on my next anniversary. The recession is pretty much over thats why its is time to start going back to normal.

Recession is pretty much over? I don't think so...some political news recently said that the deficits will not ever be paid off in the end.

Then why own a car? If you rent often, then you can save yourself monthly payments and insurance by not owning a car. Just food for thought.

Only if he lives in a metro city or close to a city that has a lot of subways, tram, buses, bikes from work to home and vice versa then yes. Iowa...is known as boring corn state.

shel90 said:

Yea like I said thats your choice. Your life, your money. It is a benefit to me because we love to drive and travel and leaving my car at home.

Thats because Im in Iowa, not Seattle or Washington dc or even New York.

katz4life said:

I just learned that I will finally get a raise on my next anniversary. The recession is pretty much over thats why its is time to start going back to normal.

Recession is pretty much over? I don't think so...some political news recently said that the deficits will not ever be paid off in the end.

Okay thats your opinion.

Not always, if you leave your car park too often. The elements will always put tear on vehicle no matter what.

I wouldn't care much for rental because my yearly driving is within average so no need to shell more $ for rentals.

The only time I would rent is if I am expect hard beating on vehicle then yeah. But for highway, for each 100 miles on highway the actual wear and tear is only 10 miles as if city.

Well, for one...saves wear and tear on your vehicle.

Plus, plenty of people I know would love the discount for renting vehicles. You also get to drive newer Jeeps or whatever. Thats your choice, anyhow.

Its cheaper than worrying if your own car breaking down on a long trip.

diehardbiker said:
Not always, if you leave your car park too often. The elements will always put tear on vehicle no matter what.

I wouldn't care much for rental because my yearly driving is within average so no need to shell more $ for rentals.

The only time I would rent is if I am expect hard beating on vehicle then yeah. But for highway, for each 100 miles on highway the actual wear and tear is only 10 miles as if city.

Well, for one...saves wear and tear on your vehicle.

Plus, plenty of people I know would love the discount for renting vehicles. You also get to drive newer Jeeps or whatever. Thats your choice, anyhow.

Its cheaper than worrying if your own car breaking down on a long trip.

Lets make it clear. We only share one car. Really, we rent once or twice a year for carpooling and comfort. Last year we rented a minivan and everyone helped pay for gas and rent charges. This is for a 400+ mile round trip with more space and comfort. Its nothing wrong for renting vehicles.

Thats because Im in Iowa, not Seattle or Washington dc or even New York.

Ok then if you own a car, why rent a car?

Just trying to understand your reasons.

You're not the only one. A lot of my friends are stuck where they are too.

They haven't gotten raises for a long time. Some of my friends even got laid off (or fired because the company doesn't believe in lay-offs). :roll:

I've been working my current job for 3 years and only got a tiny raise during the middle of my second year. I just passed my 3rd year and don't see anything that shows that I'll be getting a raise soon. :(

Just hang in there.

sometimes its cheaper to rent a car then drive your own. some say its foolish to spend money on rentals, some rent cars as overkill. A good example of perfect time to rent a car is if you have a expensive car or a gas guzzler and need to take a long trip with others esp . with kids, its better to rent a car with better gas mileage. ever take a trip with 3 screaming hungry kids and crayons that fell on carpet and melted from sun's heat? :eek3: uuhhh its a no brainer. lol !

for others its just a way to be free of car payments and insurance requirements.

sometimes its cheaper to rent a car then drive your own. some say its foolish to spend money on rentals, some rent cars as overkill. A good example of perfect time to rent a car is if you have a expensive car or a gas guzzler and need to take a long trip with others esp . with kids, its better to rent a car with better gas mileage. ever take a trip with 3 screaming hungry kids and crayons that fell on carpet and melted from sun's heat? :eek3: uuhhh its a no brainer. lol !

for others its just a way to be free of car payments and insurance requirements.

It's ones preference on their point of views on renting a car. Everyone has a different lifestyle so don't worry about me.

Really, it depends on the needs and reason.

If I ever gone off road, I would rent instead of my baby. I no longer have Jeep Wrangler. My new truck weights 5 tons, and I can get stuck in mud easily (That is until I replace with serious tires, can't afford $2,000 for set of 4 tires as they are custom 20 inch wheel).

Lets make it clear. We only share one car. Really, we rent once or twice a year for carpooling and comfort. Last year we rented a minivan and everyone helped pay for gas and rent charges. This is for a 400+ mile round trip with more space and comfort. Its nothing wrong for renting vehicles.

Avoiding insurance? That would be grave mistake. That is because if you go ahead no insurance and you got involved accident, the car rental agency can sue you and if you can't pay back you will get judgement and it can give big fat spot in your credit report for a very long time.

I will never go without insurance.

If you want to beat on the car, a rental is the way to go. ;)

:lol: That's why they sell them cheaper than dealer prices.

I'm told rental vehicles are usually completely gutted out within 4-5 years versus someone who has their own vehicle and they take care of it and it lasts 10+ years or more.

More likely only handful would be completely gutted out within 5 years. Rental companies tend to strictly adhere to maintenance requirement comparing to actual car owner. So, generally it isn't any difference. I bet Seq knows what I am talking about.

I'm told rental vehicles are usually completely gutted out within 4-5 years versus someone who has their own vehicle and they take care of it and it lasts 10+ years or more.

More likely only handful would be completely gutted out within 5 years. Rental companies tend to strictly adhere to maintenance requirement comparing to actual car owner. So, generally it isn't any difference. I bet Seq knows what I am talking about.
plus they upgrade cars to newer ones, same goes for government cars.

Back