Oregon man says he's pregnant?

I still don't see this story as being about a "man" being pregnant.

It's about a woman (with female DNA, born with all the female parts) who has tried to artificially change her appearance to male. She's basically a flat-chested bearded lady lapping up all this freakish attention. I don't see anything "brave" or praiseworthy about the situation at all.

I still don't see this story as being about a "man" being pregnant.

It's about a woman (with female DNA, born with all the female parts) who has tried to artificially change her appearance to male. She's basically a flat-chested bearded lady lapping up all this freakish attention. I don't see anything "brave" or praiseworthy about the situation at all.
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree, Reba. I have known another person who doesn't believe in transgender people and he and I aren't friends anymore - that's not the only reason, but a big part of it.. I like you too much for that to happen, but what you see as a freak of nature, I see as a person's right to make their body match what their brain is. (Male and female brains are different...it's possible that some people are simply born into the wrong body.) God may not make mistakes...but who's to say that God didn't intend for these people to be transgender?

You and I are going to have to agree to disagree, Reba. I have known another person who doesn't believe in transgender people and he and I aren't friends anymore - that's not the only reason, but a big part of it.. I like you too much for that to happen, but what you see as a freak of nature, I see as a person's right to make their body match what their brain is. (Male and female brains are different...it's possible that some people are simply born into the wrong body.) God may not make mistakes...but who's to say that God didn't intend for these people to be transgender?
I didn't call the person a freak of nature. I said the public attention is freakish. Um, what forum is this story posted in? "Strange & Stupid News"

If this person truly believed that she was supposed to be a man, and wanted to become a man, what's with this very public pregnancy? It seems to me this is someone who wants her cake and eat it too. It seems she's not really fully commited to becoming a man. There's still ambiguity there.

Her brain and body are still not in synch. Apparently she's still experiencing confusion. Is that a good situation in which to bring a child? Especially in the glare of publicity? Something is amiss here.

If that's what she wants, I'm not going to campaign to stop her. But I'm also not going to lead the band in her parade.

I didn't call the person a freak of nature. I said the public attention is freakish. Um, what forum is this story posted in? "Strange & Stupid News"

If this person truly believed that she was supposed to be a man, and wanted to become a man, what's with this very public pregnancy? It seems to me this is someone who wants her cake and eat it too. It seems she's not really fully commited to becoming a man. There's still ambiguity there.

Her brain and body are still not in synch. Apparently she's still experiencing confusion. Is that a good situation in which to bring a child? Especially in the glare of publicity? Something is amiss here.

If that's what she wants, I'm not going to campaign to stop her. But I'm also not going to lead the band in her parade.
I know you didn't say he was a "freak of nature" - that was my condensation of "flat-chested bearded lady." But yeah, I agree there is still ambiguity there. If he wants to be known as a man, I have no problem with that...I believe in acknowledging people as the gender they feel they are rather than what I see them as. But yeah, it's certainly not following traditional male roles to be having a public pregnancy like this. I have no problem with him doing it, but I agree that something is odd with the publicity.

There are trans people who do not wish to completely surgically transition, and those who feel that they're not ready for that step in their life. It's no less 'valid' or 'genuine' than signing up for the real life test the day you realize you aren't a man or aren't a woman.

Gender is not binary, as you perceive it to be. People can be somewhere in the middle and not be confused about their gender.

--

I've known a pregnant transman before, and I have to say... it's something that takes more courage than I could ever own. He survived that long managing not only the ups and downs and hormones of pregnancy, but also the incredible trial of being constantly confronted with a more and more feminine body. That takes guts, folks.

I think the public attention is to educate the public about lives of transgender people. Without the attention, people like me would remain ignorant.

I think the public attention is to educate the public about lives of transgender people. Without the attention, people like me would remain ignorant.

Yes that's what I thought so.

wow, I would check with those via Ebay as soon as my home PC is back from repair.

I have seen different movies often...

Also you should check Boy Don't Cry movie, it's very inspired movie and based on a true story, that movie is about a girl who decide to change into a boy, but later so much drama going on with him about his gender issues and he was.. I better keep the spoil to myself ;) I would highly recommend that movie, I am sure you will find it as worth it to see :)

It's a him and that child will call him daddy based on his gender as his present today.

But 'him' gave birth to the child and therefore should be called 'mom'.

This child is going to need counseling while growing up due to the parents gender difficulties.

This child is going to need counseling while growing up due to the parents gender difficulties.
No...just because he gave birth doesn't make him the mom. The "mom" is the person who is a female in the house. The "dad" is the male in the house. It doesn't matter who gave birth. Otherwise a kid who is adopted couldn't say "dad" or "mom" at all.

I don't think there are gender "difficulties" at all...they know who they are!

No...just because he gave birth doesn't make him the mom. The "mom" is the person who is a female in the house. The "dad" is the male in the house. It doesn't matter who gave birth. Otherwise a kid who is adopted couldn't say "dad" or "mom" at all.

I don't think there are gender "difficulties" at all...they know who they are!

but "she" still have the female reproduction system which in medical term it still is a female. She was born with it and still is a female, period. so she is a mother.

she may think she is a male but she is still a female, biologcally.

I don't think I should continue in this...I treat my transgender friends as the gender they believe they are. Gender is so much more than biology. What equipment you have in your pants doesn't say who you are...your BRAIN says who you are. :sadwave:

Everyone seems to focus on the transgender/transsexual parent.

What about the child? The child is going to be going to public/private school and will see that their friends have a mom and dad. This child is going to have a harder life as it is knowing that "dad" gave birth when in fact-- "dad" is actually the "mom".

I support transgender/transsexual people in whatever they want to do but to bring a child that didn't ask for it into the mix is where I draw the line.

I am siding with Reba on this issue.

All in all, the child has my sympathy.

What about the child? The child is going to be going to public/private school and will see that their friends have a mom and dad. This child is going to have a harder life as it is knowing that "dad" gave birth when in fact-- "dad" is actually the "mom".

I support transgender/transsexual people in whatever they want to do but to bring a child that didn't ask for it into the mix is where I draw the line.

and me too..

As biology, he's a mother, but as role, he will be a father.

You don't support transgender parents to have the children just because someone else will laugh at the children? My opinion, it's those people who laugh at them do have a problem, not those children who have transgender parents.

Also I had read some stories about transgender parents, but that link was not working anymore so all I can find is this page with picture of a transgender mom with her two daughter, see Trisha Kuwahara.

Transsexual Women's Successes, by Lynn Conway. PHOTO GALLERY PAGE 1

Back