Ok we found out, now comes the hard part...

steph9700

Reaction score
Mom has stage 3 large b-cell lymphoma. They toldl her she has a 40 percent chance to survive that it was an aggressive cancer and they were going to treat it aggressively so they immediately did a bone marrow biopsy to make sure it hadn't went into her bones yet and bacame a stage 4 cancer. They then took her to another room and hooked her up to an I.V. bag and put in the chemo drugs. She has to go back tomorrow for 6 more hours then each work day she goes in and gets a shot to help her immune system cells keep from falling. she goes back after doing this for three weeks to have two more days of chemo then six more things of chemo spaced out to be every three weeks and this whole time she has to get the immune shot. The Dr. said she would probably lose all her hair and lose a bit more weight, and stay real nauseated and just sick. I really need your prayers now so I can be strong for her. She cried real bad when she found out it had already gone to stage three and that it had gotten that bad within bout 3 or 4 months. just pray for us, there is only my mom and dad and me & my husband left in my family besides some cousins. just pray please. thanks you guys for all the positive encouragement you have given me so far.

praying for you and your family at this time of need.

I am so sorry to hear and I will say a prayer for you and your mom. Hope she will beat it.

I am sorry..my thoughts and condolences are with you and your family. Hang in there!

Wow! Hope your mom will recovery through the challenge stages...

I am sorry that the bad news have put you and your mom in a very difficult situation. It does look like it is probably not going to be better. Those stages too late don't look good. Yes, having the chemo for your mom to go through is very difficult. Anyone who have cancer and have to go through the chemo hates that chemo. I just hope that she will go into remission if she can get rid of cancer, but like the doctor said it is forty percent chance. I will keeping on praying for you and your mom along with your dad and your husband to help her go through the difficult and painful journey. Help her fight this nasty cancer and just use prayers to help her go through. I am very sad about this. :tears:

Oh dang... indeed a harrowing thing to have to go thru this, especially when your mother has a 40% chance of surviving?? wow I do hope she can beat it completely but if she doesnt, at least she has lived a good life and have a kid like ya, Steph .... I hope she will battle well right to that....my prayers are for ya and your family in this time of need...

Well I want you to know you and your family are in my prayers. It is n't easy to go throught is cancer thing. I would tell you that you should contact the hospital and join the cancer support group. It is always a big help to takl with others who are going through the same thing.

Oh dear, I feel bad for your mother to face sad new. She is continue in my thoughts and hope everything goes smooth for her, also you and your family as well. Keep positive.

Aw, sure Steph, I'll keep your mother in my prayers! :hug:

aww I feel bad for your mom. I am sorry. I hope that treatment will stop her cancer.

I am sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in my thought and my prayers.

I found out yesterday that TJ, my son's step grandma have stomach cancer. They r gonna do chemo and try to beat this thing, too. :(

Awww :( I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she beats the odds. Hang in there. :)

Thanks everybody I need the support. When we were in the office today doing her chemo she started getting sick and throwing up everywhere like the exorcist or something. I took her home and dad told me to come home and get some rest that he would take care of her till morning when I go back and take her to get her shot so her immune system doesn't get too bad. I was told by a good friend of mine that we needed to get her to a wig shop soon before she is totally bald and doesn't want to go out in public so I think what I am going to try to do is get her neighbor and the three of us go to Decatur to the wig shop this Saturday or something. My friend is a good person to talk to cause she had to help both her parents through the same thing and they both died. My mom has just started treatment and is getting real sick already and Sheri told me to just be myself and not act all poor mamma in front of her as it will make her feel worse. I don't want to that, I want her to find a happy place in me so she can borrow my strength and get better. I just need your continued prayers please, you don't know how much they have already helped.

I'm praying for you, your mom, and your whole family. It's a lot of stress for all of you, and you all need the grace of God to get thru this. :hug:

Sorry about your mother in the difficult time. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. Hang in there.

i know u will stand up and be strong for ur mom since she need u around here... :hug: i still pray for u and ur mom..

Back