ok, I'm officially freaked out...

guido said:
It's not just the scars I'm talking about but the fact there that is an electronic device implanted in your skull. How can it barely be noticeable?

Its an electronic device...so? My uncle has a pacemaker and he doesn't worry about the fact there's an electronic device attached to his heart. I'm a Star Trek fan so I actually think its quite cool!!!

volcomskatz said:
Do you have scar that where lose of hair?

My scar is entirely behind my ear (no hair there) and you can't even see it anymore - its faded so much.

I was in the hospital longer, and in MORE pain from my gallbladder surgery and my hysterectomy than my CI. Getting my CI was a walk in the park- I didn't even need the Tylenol #3's they had prescribed for me- I just took extra strength Motrin.

Guido- you might want to read Michael Chorost's book "Rebuilt: How becoming part computer made me more human." That might help you better understand as he really does go into the "machine/human/computer" aspects of it quite deeply.

neecy said:
My scar is entirely behind my ear (no hair there) and you can't even see it anymore - its faded so much.

I was in the hospital longer, and in MORE pain from my gallbladder surgery and my hysterectomy than my CI. Getting my CI was a walk in the park- I didn't even need the Tylenol #3's they had prescribed for me- I just took extra strength Motrin.

Guido- you might want to read Michael Chorost's book "Rebuilt: How becoming part computer made me more human." That might help you better understand as he really does go into the "machine/human/computer" aspects of it quite deeply.

You are lucky because I have little scar in my right back of ear but it was about few inches away from BTE and I have hair loss on scar... Fuck to surgery in USA but it must do in BTE... I hate hair loss... :mad:

LuciaDisturbed said:
um...this isn't brain surgery....
haha I was thinking the same thing, it only goes under your skin/ears! Ive already asked doctors about this and they said they will not even be close to your brain!

lol the brain is nowhere to be touched during the CI operation. the brain is only in the top center of the skull while the ear drums are in the middle center of the skull so it's not going anywhere near the brain at all.

That's how all surgery is. Doctors are gonna be going inside you one way or another. :)

Let's not be soo hard on guido here afterall he has the right for an opinion...

For clicking the link, I think I'll pass... :hyper:

neecy said:
Its an electronic device...so? My uncle has a pacemaker and he doesn't worry about the fact there's an electronic device attached to his heart. I'm a Star Trek fan so I actually think its quite cool!!!

I saw in the news today that they are working on optical implants for some forms of blindness. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5168862.stm Sounds like they work on a similar principle to cochlear implants.

hi pipz im new!
as for me, i cant imagine myself having a device implanted in any parts of my body. but if its the thing that could make one's life better then its very much ok.
to add: my uncle has one on his left ear. and he doesnt mind at all. as if its not there.:ugh3:

Back