"OGO"? What the heck is this?

deafclimber said:
nope CDMA and GSM are in wireless war. there is 70% of GSM networks in world.

EDGE, what wireless company wud change GSM network to CDMA ?

look at nokia... nokia decided to stop making CDMA mobiles anymore last month.

EDGE said:
From what I hear that GSM would evolve into CDMA. *shurg*

Oh NEO...... care to explain... or you, DeafClimbMountain? :D

It's rumor from my parents. GSM will gone. It's change to UMT/WCDMA.

I am sure you never hear of UMT/WCDMA since I post about that and no one reply.

yea i knew about the ogo long time ago but it has been old but it still running does surprise me. :)

Neo said:
It's rumor from my parents. GSM will gone. It's change to UMT/WCDMA.

I am sure you never hear of UMT/WCDMA since I post about that and no one reply.

UMT ? you mean UMTS ?

no, GSM wont be gone. UMTS and HSDPA(WCDMA) systems are with GSM networks...

man i dont want to talk about that again... enough for me.. :) sowwies...

GOOGLE yourself about these.

A friend of mine used to have Ogo. He believed it was the best device ever. My other friend took it and pressed the reset button.

Bye bye, everything!

Yep, everything was deleted. Address book, emails, etc. Pity.

deafclimber said:
UMT ? you mean UMTS ?

no, GSM wont be gone. UMTS and HSDPA(WCDMA) systems are with GSM networks...

man i dont want to talk about that again... enough for me.. :) sowwies...

GOOGLE yourself about these.
Yes UMTS,

Do you think Google is everything for rumor?

Can you explain to me why my father told that voicestream will gone in 4-8 months later. I don't believe him because I can't find info from internet. So 6 months later it's changed to T-mobile. I just shocked!

I told my father what you said. He said "UMTS is on the same network but sooner or later gsm will be out and only umts will stay. Now more and more phones are UMTS because it is much faster. GSM is oldest digital system."

VamPyroX said:
A friend of mine used to have Ogo. He believed it was the best device ever. My other friend took it and pressed the reset button.

Bye bye, everything!

Yep, everything was deleted. Address book, emails, etc. Pity.

Can you backup your sk's PIM to your computer? :)

EDGE said:
Can you backup your sk's PIM to your computer? :)

I notice many deaftard who own sk but they don't own computers because they can't afford and dont know how to use it. :ugh3:

FYI SK is different than most of handhelds. Know why? The data on SK is really on Danger server, not the device itself while most of the handheld like RIM, smartphone, etc got data on the device NOT on somebody else's server. So, there is NO reason why need to back up on SK at all. The rest, gotta to back up, no question about it. I know RIM, can have their own private server, like employee's company for example. They aren't cheap!

Neo said:
I notice many deaftard who own sk but they don't own computers because they can't afford and dont know how to use it. :ugh3:

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI SK is different than most of handhelds. Know why? The data on SK is really on Danger server, not the device itself while most of the handheld like RIM, smartphone, etc got data on the device NOT on somebody else's server. So, there is NO reason why need to back up on SK at all. The rest, gotta to back up, no question about it. I know RIM, can have their own private server, like employee's company for example. They aren't cheap!
That explain why SK slow down.

diehardbiker65 said:

USB is faster than GPRS and perfect for upload pictures to computer.

Neo said:
USB is faster than GPRS and perfect for upload pictures to computer.

I agree but I don't have problem with SK2 for long time but... AOL Mail don't work so well.

Partly yes, that is when it boots up, it fetches all the database including phone book! If it booted up outside of coverage, you won't get anything on SK. That is something I don't like it. What if I was out of coverage area and need to find the phone number. Happened to me once, and pissed me off.

EDGE said:
That explain why SK slow down.

I've used OGO in the past. I loved the device. It's easy to use and fun. No web but it does have it's good points.. like using AIM, MSN, Yahoo, but it also has downsides... can't message people who are invisible. which sucks.

It's 25 a month for all 3 services on ogo. and text is free unless you text internationally then it's 25 centers per text. I love the OGO. Mine Broke and I was using SK so i just canceled the service. If I could, I'd go back to using OGO again. Right now don't have money.

It can be bought for like 80 bucks on website.. used to be 130, you'd get a 30 buck rebate.

I miss OGO!

Cingular ending Ogo - options available

Cingular (which acquired AT&T Wireless) is discontinuing service for the Ogo on 12/10/06.
See *** URGENT OFFICIAL *** Good News! - Ogo - Cingular Customer Forums

People complained to the FCC about this and it appears Cingular will make a concession to Ogo owners who can prove that they are deaf or HOH.
See *** Cingular Comes Through *** - Ogo - Cingular Customer Forums

Some Ogo users jumped ship when a T-Mobile Business salesman made them an excellent offer on the new Sidekick 3.
See North Temperate Edible Vegetables Famished Virtuoso's Fanangled Messaging System Extraordinaire - T-MOBILE DEALS - SK3 199.99, BB7290/BB7105T 99.99

Of course, Deafpagers.com also has deals.
See Deafpagers.com: Device List

If you're an Ogo user, you might be interested in reading the forums at Cingular and NTEV (where many former Ogo users migrated):
Ogo - Cingular Customer Forums
North Temperate Edible Vegetables Famished Virtuoso's Fanangled Messaging System Extraordinaire - Ex-Ogoer General

Back