"OGO"? What the heck is this?

my roomate has one, i played with it for a while. it looks cool.

We have the OGO and LOVE it

Hello :)

My boyfreind and I have the OGO, and LOVE it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a pager with AIM acess and email access. When you buy the OGO, ATT also gives you a phone number so you can text message other people who have cell phones.

There is no internet, or phone... but it is still awesome. We have had over 8 text pagers in the past 2 years (wyndtell, sidekick, treo 270, nokia 6800, nokia 3300...etc) and this is the easiest to use by far, and the cheapest!

You can also use IP Relay on this pager by accessing it through AIM. We tested it out yesturday, and it was very smooth... no long delays.

We paid 140.00 for the pager, and 17.99 a month with no annual contract. This is the first no contract pager which is perfect for us because we are constantly changing pager services, and testing out the new technology.

The OGO screen is very bright and colorful, and the keyboard is very easy to use.

We would highly recommend this product to anyone who is interested. It is GREAT :)

:ily:
Lisa

farmerjoe said:
I tried to order an Ogo today. I entered my shipping and billing information, and then it told me there is no service available in my area, UGH!! The stupid "coverage map" made it look like there would be... I guess I'll just get a cell phone .

Then, talk to AT&T Wireless can help you.

scottw said:
Then, talk to AT&T Wireless can help you.

What do you suggest that I say to them? I don't think they will put a tower in my village just for me. I'm living in a very rural area right now.

----------

I don't think it comes with a wrist strap but it wouldn't be h ard to make one with some velcro scraps.. it's smaller than it looks online... I saw a photo of it the other day next to a sidekick. When closed they're about the same size. (if I find that website again I'll post a link here)

You should have to ask AT&T Wireless what you want and can use different part of staff for OGO. If the sthip and bill information you. I don't know why the information tell you do? I don't know why the problem was. But, OGO is work. Your city or count was different kind of something like that. I don't know for sure why you got order already?

It's $100 (after rebate) and it has better coverage area than sidekick or blackberry or Talkabout pagers. (better covreage for where I live anyway

This not true if you are talking about the new BlackBerry 7290. The BlackBerry 7290 and OGO use the SAME GPRS NETWORK. :D and it uses all 4 GPRS frequencies (850Mhz, 900Mhz, 1800Mhz and 1900Mhz GSM/GPRS networks) -- that's more frequencies that OGO has, so the 7290 works overseas too.

OGO uses the GSM/GPRS network.

OGO Network == GSM/GPRS Network == The Newer BlackBerry Network
All the same!

Also, there's two frequencies mainly used in North America. 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz .... The 900 Mhz and 1800 Mhz are used overseas.

It is important that ANY phone you get (OGO, BlackBerry, Sidekick) must supports BOTH the 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz frequencies for the most optimal North American usage. That gives you the best reception.

Last edited:
>>what do you suggest that I say to them? I don't think they will put a tower in my village just for me. I'm living in a very rural area right now.

Cingular and AT&T are merging, and they are also adding new frequencies (850Mhz) that extends the range of existing celltowers. AT&T may not have that good a network in some areas, but Cingular does too in many areas, plus the new frequency, which means AT&T OGO (soon to be named "Cingular OGO" within a year) could potentially have improved reception, once OGO roams freely on both AT&T and Cingular (if they haven't already). It's possible they might also roam freely on T-Mobile, since Cingular roams on certain T-Mobile networks. All very complicated to think about.

Why don't you test a new 850Mhz-capable cellphone and see if it now finally works in your village, from a far-away tower? It may not work -- but it's worth trying -- because of the new frequency. 1 bar can become 3 bars of reception after they upgrade an existing celltower, for example -- because the 850 Mhz frequency penetrates better. Some cellphone companies are slowly transferring some old analog channels to the digital network, and expanding capacity that way. (That's how the 850 Mhz digital network came to be -- it's using frequencies that used to be used by analog cellphones)

I have worked with cellphone companies and know this inside information, also from www.HowardForums.com too.

Last edited:
I did look the website from my email's on right column "AD". I saw it and curious to click in there. I read all through the website and it sound good one. I look the maps and hold to click glass in maryland. There are orange to mean "OGO service" I said Ohhhh. I type "at&t wireless" company for store locator (sp). I fill out to grab a pen and pad for phone number and address. Today, I call to one person and say to him, "do you have any OGO messager pager?" Then, he said yes, there are only three. I said ohhh ohh. Tomorrow, I will buy it. Big Smiling. Thank-God! I want simple technology than t-mobile. There are too agressive about t-mobile.

Christy

Soonersseth said:
does it have a wrist strap ?

my friend has ogo and it not have wrist strap... it not bad so far.. but i rather stick with sidekick for now.. since i not have $$$$$...

sms message

Sms messages are faster to send than email message into OGO from Sidekick. So use phone number@mobile.att.net into ogo but no reply message to send. Should use email address to reply message or pick contact address to send.

I already brought the OGO on last Wednesday. I got it now. SMiling :)

Christy

Sorry!, I am still stick with tmo-sidekick as always! i membership of tmoble for two years! :o) Its important for you are happy with ogo pager and service better than nothing! smile.. I hope you have enjoy with your new little toy (pager)... Good luck and take care of your ogo!!

I don't see the OGO catching on. Not enough features, not enough vibrations, not big enough keyboard, and not enough marketing support.

It's only advantage is the pager price and monthly service cost. For the weaknesses above, that's not a good enough reason for me.

RosesNY said:
HI, did anyone hear about OGO pager from AT&T
and i would like to know what you think about that ?

This is a re-post....go to search and type in "ogo" it already has been discussed a while ago like last month or so.

ohh i did not know that i will looking for it thanks anyways tell someone to lock this thread

I've heard of it. I have a few friends who use it. In my opinion, it's um... "eh?" I'm limited to using only AOL, Yahoo, or MSN for e-mails and/or instant messaging. I'd rather have something like Sidekick II or something. ;)

Back