Official Presidential and Congressional Election Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, even with Obama, we still need the work/help of people from other political parties.

Yep, I agree with Jiro. I admit that I was extremely rude and callous to Maria yesterday which was completely uncalled for. I learned my lesson.

If You Want George W. Bush to go to Prison...You Better Vote for Obama

by Kris Seals
Monday November 03, 2008, 11:32 PM

We have heard the arguments. We have heard the agendas. Now, the country goes to vote. Will the winner be successful in turning the nation around for the better? Probably not. It will take more than two terms to fix this mess. However, there is something at stake, and that is George Walker Bush paying for his crimes.

Here is the short list: An invasion of Iraq that has not achieved its original purpose (Weapons of Mass Destruction...remember?) Enron, Halliburton truckers being paid exponentially more than the soldiers protecting them along their routes, invasion of privacy via the Patriot Act, waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay, the current economic crisis brought on by companies he allowed to run amok, the Hurricane Katrina relief disaster, a third world energy grid (no one ever thinks of that one) and last but certainly not least, the events of September 11th, 2001. There is a big difference between making inspirational speeches after an attack and doing your real job, which is to prevent the attack in the first place.

Should there be an investigation of Bush? Definitely. Do the American people want it? Of course. Remember, the Michael Moore film "Fahrenheit 9/11" raked in millions for his non-official investigation of the president.

Also, the government spent $60 million to prove Bill Clinton has an affair. Surely, Bush Jr. has to be worth a few pennies.

Now, should the country finally respect the American people and the soldiers who are dying for no good reason in Iraq, after an investigation would come the trial. "Guilty", and the case better not take weeks either.

Here is where the choice for president comes in, and it is critical. If McCain wins, Bush wins. As soon as the guilty verdict comes down, McCain will pardon Bush, and all of it was for nothing. George will walk, and he will be as the legendary "Die Hard" villain Hans Gruber said, "...sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent."

If Obama wins, then the pardon is out of the picture, unless Washington is more corrupt than anyone could fathom. However, if Obama is genuine, then Bush will go to prison. Who knows? In an ironic twist, maybe, just maybe, he may be the recipient of some of that old fashioned Texas justice that he likes so much. Yes, I mean execution. Normally, I am against that, but I will make an exception for him. Yes, he deserves it.

The point is, George has to pay, severely. His antics have not just plunged the United States into a debt so massive that the board in Union Square ran out of digits, but the whole world is now in a recession, despite whatever he says.

Granted there are some Bush supporters who will surely reply to this. They have their opinions. I have facts. I win.

Interesting but... not gonna happen. oh well....

Dude, don't feel sorry for your opinion.

If we disagree, it's how nature made us to be.

"The President of THESE United States is President Barack O'Bama."

President Obama and all who elected him!

I would like to say :ty: to all of Obama's supporters for make important decision over country, ecomoncy, war issues and healthcare.

Obama's speech is very wonderful... it bring me :tears:

I has to admit that I'm total surprised over McCain's positive speech. Obama is willing to work together with McCain. I find it's great. :applause:

Last edited:
I'm so pissed at crowd for booed McCain's speech. I think his speech was pretty respect for Obama... he derseve some respect from the crowd. Sighs. *shakes head*

I'm kinda of not really happy and happy at the same that Obama... but I'm so happy it's over... at the least! Phew.

But I really like Obama's speech, a such touchy one. I agreed with Lucia. :cheers: :)

Yes I find immaturity, too. I was like *shake my head* to McCain's supporters because it's not first time.

Congratulations Obama, the 44th President of the United States! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Time to go back 60 years ago with the Chicago Tribune..

1948: Truman holding the Chicago Tribune proclaming Dewey kicked Truman's ass...too early!

dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

2008: Obama's win 60 years later on the Internet

4e1.jpg

That's 60 years of progress ;)

Harry Truman is now smiling in heaven knowing that the Tribune got their act cleaned up and not count their chickens before they hatched.

Thrilled about Obama's win!!! Ready for a big change for this country!!! :cheers:

I just heard on CNN that McCain won the state of Alaska. It's a moot point, but I was still curious to find out who would win.

Wow.... my mom showed her true colors last night. We never talk about politics but I knew she leaned towards conservative, but she actually admitted to me that she suspects that the "Arabs are helping Obama financially and can pressure him to do things". Her friends at work agree with her. I expect this from my dad, but my mom is pretty level headed and smart. I am so disappointed... I feel like I'm a parent who just caught her 14 year old daughter doing drugs. Still sad about that this morning.

Jeebus. Stop being sour grapes like Wokmuma. Just celebrate and happy that we finally made significant civil movement which is having THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN PRESIDENT in our history?!!

Yes I second that. I prefer to celebrate Obama's victory with you all here. I can't see the sense why some of ADers are bitter and angry... and seek a negative arguement... :roll:

Same reason that you would feel if McCain had won instead of Obama.

Well, we (most) accept the fact and move on like what we did in Election 2004 after learn that Bush won at 2nd election against Kerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back